• Views 2,485,732
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here is my non-important opinion on the arguments you gave.

First of all "loadiine is not a tool which lets you download/unlock games" as for the first part, i agree, but for the second one, i totally don't, you have private versions with loading of non purchased dlc, which is in that category.

Then "it's not a tool to get things for free", well, the fact that you had to use a different patch for dlc loading that the private one you have for the sole purpose of not loading non purchased dlc show that the private version of the tool gets things for free, you just don't want it to be public.
next part, agree with you, not the loader's fault, and the current public dlc method does not allow for piracy (but the private one obviously does).

Next part, "unlocking is not the job of a loader" well, allow me to disagree, your private loader, i can tell for sure, does load not legally owned dlc, thus unlocking illegally content. also you claim that it's not a piracy tool....get real, i can bet most of you devs use it for that purpose, it IS meant to piracy, but you don't want to be the ones to publicly release that, it's fine, i can understand.

Also for the "project deletion or DMCA"....yeahhh, that's just not happening, i'm still waiting for any communication from nintendo for PastaCFW, which the WHOLE purpose was for piracy, so yeah, not happening.

And also, you should NOT be saying that if people have knowledge to do it not to release it, you should WANT others to release it, would give you much much more leeway in the future, since you wouldn't be the ones to "bring piracy to the console" (which to many people you already are, but that is not the matter discussed here...)

So all in all, it's not a matter of the tool not being designed for piracy, IT IS designed for piracy, you do use it for piracy with private versions, but you don't want to release it to public, and as i said, it's perfectly fine, your software, your decisions, but DO NOT tell that it's not it's purpose, as that is pure BS, you can say that you don't want to be publicly associated with piracy, that is totally fine with me and for some regards, respectable by me, but don't say that it's not what the tool is supposed to do when all the users use it for that.

On the other hand, i do userstand your stand point and do respect it, but damn, give us proper arguments next time, please :)

Short answer:
I OWN AS IN BOUGHT, 35+ WiiU games.
Having a tool like gx to load my games from a source ( SD for now ) is like a gift from heaven, having kids swapping out discs every 5 minutes.
Also having 35 games, there is no much to pirate anyway on WiiU.

For me loadine is NOT a piracy tool in the slightest, I would'nt want to bother downloading tjhose MEGA sized games just to have to get to play them from SD with sub par loading times.
For previous "preservation" noted purposes, OOOHHH YES! ( had to buy MK8 2 times allready....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeahhhhh....let's agree to disagree, then :)
Enjoy your life then, tro...pirate.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Don't see the interest of speaking about piracy.

Loadiine is a tool.
An open source tool.

You can use it like a knife : wisely to cut your meat or to kill people.
Loadiine loads games.
Knives cut.

If someone wants to make a fork to fully load DLC "not owned", that does concern @dimok or others.
I don't know if a "private" version exists with such feature but it will not be here or on GitHub...

Thanks @dimok for your works (I'm also an user of USBLoaderGX since the beginning), my only hope is that you succeed in getting such an interface like USBGX :D (parental control over games would be great FOR ME, but also other options like the (v)Wii software.

Thnks again, thanks Cyan also and all other.

People requesting specif piracy feature should be banned or at least learn stealth mode ;)

Reactions: looseless

::Phoenix::

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a question for @dimok. As far as I understand, loadiine works by hooking file opening/reading system calls and redirecting such calls to the sd card instead of the disk. Wouldn't be possible then, to add an additional layer to the hooking process where files are loaded from a unique big file (like an ISO), by computing the right offset/sector and size. As I can see, the slow loading times are mostly due to the fact that when a game has many files in it, the game data gets fragmented in the SD card. Maybe by collecting all the files in one big contigous block and letting loadiine do the translation "file request" -> "ISO sector request" would improve the overall speed.
What do you think about it?

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
You are wrong on that point. It is not some arbitrary aoc check in our code and there is also no hint to how this works in there. It is quite a bit more work than to just comment something out. That is all that I will be saying to this. For now let's continue to live with the lie that a custom IOS firmware is necessary for free DLC, online playing and whatever else the gold goose is said to bring to us ;).

Oh, wait !! ... what !!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't think anybody actually cares whether or not people pirate games. The Loadiine devs are simply making it clear that their loader isn't intended to be a facilitator of that.

I've said before, we should really have a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy on this forum regarding piracy.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else think loading times are better with the latest releases, since yesterday. Zelda TP HD loading times seem less brutal to me now.

daaika

Trophies
XP
Country
Zelda TP HD hd works i tried both eu and us version. somehow i am stuck at the cutscene when the second monkey jump many times and just dissapear. then the screen just get stuck there while sound and ingame stuff move around.

just me or anyone else got this glitch too ? thank you.

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
Using the self host method the SD load is super fast. Plus, not having to choose the exploit twice is a handy feature.

Is there an online version of this method? i.e. go to particular website, it will load kexploit then automatically load your version of loadiine on the sd card? Is this even possible?

Thanks.

Reactions: daaika

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi.
Using the self host method the SD load is super fast. Plus, not having to choose the exploit twice is a handy feature.

Is there an online version of this method? i.e. go to particular website, it will load kexploit then automatically load your version of loadiine on the sd card? Is this even possible?

Thanks.
You can use the Website "www.loadiine.ovh" and just select something like Loadiine , etc

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the Website "www.loadiine.ovh" and just select something like Loadiine , etc

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried using that website. When I choose 'Loadiine 0.3 SD', it boots up a video player (is that the mp4 exploit???) but then freezes - every time. I'm not familiar with that method of kexploit. Is the success rate supposed to be better? The old HTML method I have a very high success rate. Self hosting works every time first go!

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the reply.

I have tried using that website. When I choose 'Loadiine 0.3 SD', it boots up a video player (is that the mp4 exploit???) but then freezes - every time. I'm not familiar with that method of kexploit. Is the success rate supposed to be better? The old HTML method I have a very high success rate. Self hosting works every time first go!
Try to launch "Homebrew Illuminati" It launches for me 100%
Loadiine is a little bit Buggy for me atm

Reactions: OuahOuah

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I simply set up a WAMP local server for Homebrew Launcher then run Loadiine through that. It's been extremely stable for me, far moreso than using a remote server.

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I noticed there is now a "DLC Support" option when you launch a game in Loadiine...
So......... is this what I think it is?

EDIT: I checked the changelog on Github, and apparently it's for DLC you already have installed on your console. Still great though.

Last edited by yoshinatsu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game