• Views 2,492,229
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, after 2 days of reading through dozens of pages trying to solve it, and trying what worked for many others, I still cannot get my 5.4 WiiU to work. My system seems to not respond well to any host websites, it just freezes with the video player bar on the tablet. So I hosted myself. The initial exploit works just fine. It's the second payload that seems not to work. Also, the only way I got the second payload to even attempt is with pre-compiled 5.4 MP4 someone kindly provided for someone else. When the second payloads do seem to run, I just get the wii menu. Using the old Loadiine V2 files I atleast got the black game selector screen when selecting the MiiMaker, but I'd need to pick up Smash to check if that will actually work. Thus why I was trying out the GX2 method without needing Smash. Any guidance at all would be greatly appreciated.
Did you just self host the kexploit only? Why not use the GX2 mp4 instead and host it locally? It will first see if you're exploited all ready and then run the kexploit if not. Then run that same locally hosted mp4 again. It should launch after that. In the morning I'll check if it worked for you or not and if not then I'll hit you up.

Here's some MP4's I generated using this tool http://gbatemp.net/threads/tool-bin2mp4.417414/

If you can get HBL to work then make sure that you have set up the GX2 elf file on the SD.

Attachments

• GX2.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 174
  • HomebrewLauncher.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 245
Last edited by Kafluke,

smallchoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
i dont know what is so hard to understand

if you build loadiine from the actual source it will work if you got a kernel exploit for 5.5.x

there is no relation between loadiine able to start at FW 5.5.x and the release Date of a public kernel exploit for 5.5.x (better buy a 5.3.2 wiiu)
i don't have the 5.5.1 kernel exploit

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you build loadiine from the actual source it will work if you got a kernel exploit for 5.5.x

there is no relation between loadiine able to start at FW 5.5.x and the release Date of a public kernel exploit for 5.5.x (better buy a 5.3.2 wiiu)
i don't have 5.5.1 kernel exploit

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i don't have the kernel exploit 5.5.1

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly saying that loadiine supports 5.5.x is technically incorrect, since it depends on kexploit, which is not included for 5.5.1.
You better call it 5.5.1-ready.

HoloryTV

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nop it is true, Loadiine really support 5.x but there is not public exploit to use it.
I am OK with "support 5.x"

smallchoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Reserved for additional tutorials.

Full compiling tutorial (elf and exploit webserver pages)

Thanks to @crmnl for the guide.

New builds from today that I compiled and a small guide for compiling are up on gx2.wiiubrew.net - Thanks to Luigi for his help with this! I don't profess to know a lot about coding/compiling but I wanted the new build and just worked at it. Sorry if there is any obvious incorrect wording in the compiling guide I just outlined what worked for me.

This is obviously only for 5.3.2

1. Need devkitpro 1.6.0 is fine
2. Need dimoks libogc and portlibs in devkitpro root directory (release tab of github)
3. Put loadiine source inside a folder called loadiine in the root of libwiiu source -
this is needed to get code532.bin in installer folder to make
4. Run make in root of loadiine source
5. Run make in installer folder
6. Copy code532.bin over to libwiiu framework folder
7. Run make in framework folder
8. Run generate_html.py code532.bin 532 x - this is generate_html.py code.bin version folder
this will make the payload index and frame html's that are updated for current loadiine in that folder
9. Copy contents of www folder from loadiine source to webserver
10. Overwrite payload/index/frame with new ones from framework folder
11. Overwrite code532.bin with new one from loadiine installer
12. Overwrite loadiine.elf with new one from loadiine root
Done!
when 5.5.1 kernel exploit will be release next month or this month

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just sell your 5.5.1 wii and buy a 5.3.2 online somewhere. That's exactly what I did instead of waiting. Sold mine on ebay for $150, got a 5.3.2 off ebay for $160...

Reactions: MattKimura

HoloryTV

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last commit : "installer: changed to single link launch" is working.
I tried it myself hosting all files in local.
First I get an race attack failed which reboot in settings menu.
Then I go back to the browser to launch the payload and it launched Loadiine gx2 immediatly.

R6BxrpZ.png

Last edited by HoloryTV,

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great changelog already for Loadiine GX2 v0.3! Cant wait to get my hands on this.
I assume the work in progress list is up to date. So that means everything is done except the Individual game settings GUI.
@Maschell Could you tell us something about the latest progress?
I dont want to promise anything, but it should not take too long. Replace one picture, clean up the code and do the final testing

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you add a "launch window" in your GUI?
I don't like the current setup.

what you have is
game -> setting -> launch

You can't save the settings without launching the game.
You can't launch the game without going to the game settings.

I think an intermediate window will be easier, and more natural.
Game list -> select game -> display a launch window with "Back" and "Start" button at the bottom corner, and a button to go to the individual game setting.
mockup

Reactions: dj_skual

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...