Hacking Loadiine GX2: Cover Carousel (Virtual Console)

Notshane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a full understanding on how the carousel works for Wii U games, but I have seen videos of people showing the carousel display other boxes (Virtual Console) and I am curious as to how they got them to load.

Firstly, I am actually not entirely sure if they are also saved as TGA or not. I placed the covers onto the root of my SD Card and they are PNG files.

The first attempt I made was to use a custom name for Chrono Trigger DS. I aptly named it "[CTDS01]" alongside the matching PNG file and assumed it would load.

I then tried the same thing as the Wii U ones by finding the actual game ID, which is "[YQUE]" but this did not load either.

Assuming I have the correct Game ID, is it a matter of converting the PNG to TGA or do I place the covers somewhere else? This has confused me for quite some time! Everyone that has done it speaks Spanish and so they never respond to my questions regarding how they did it. I have yet to find anyone speaking English that has achieved this feat of loading custom boxes. I assume they don't have to be loaded online only, as the Wii U boxes do it.

Also, a bit unrelated, but you know the Game Icon that a Wii U game has on the menu? I have also been trying to find those to use as the iconTex images, but to no luck.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, I have a full understanding on how the carousel works for Wii U games, but I have seen videos of people showing the carousel display other boxes (Virtual Console) and I am curious as to how they got them to load.

Firstly, I am actually not entirely sure if they are also saved as TGA or not. I placed the covers onto the root of my SD Card and they are PNG files.

The first attempt I made was to use a custom name for Chrono Trigger DS. I aptly named it "[CTDS01]" alongside the matching PNG file and assumed it would load.

I then tried the same thing as the Wii U ones by finding the actual game ID, which is "[YQUE]" but this did not load either.

Assuming I have the correct Game ID, is it a matter of converting the PNG to TGA or do I place the covers somewhere else? This has confused me for quite some time! Everyone that has done it speaks Spanish and so they never respond to my questions regarding how they did it. I have yet to find anyone speaking English that has achieved this feat of loading custom boxes. I assume they don't have to be loaded online only, as the Wii U boxes do it.

Also, a bit unrelated, but you know the Game Icon that a Wii U game has on the menu? I have also been trying to find those to use as the iconTex images, but to no luck.
The icons are in the meta folder of any extracted "Loadiine ready" game or update, and possibly DLC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: