ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
User has no original fw.img.
Yes, he/she does, as he/she has already used it to install IOSUHAX:
Such a simple solution!

So I have used the xdelta you created and patched my fw.img - do I just copy that to the root of my SD Card?

Then....on my pc i tried to run wupclient.py which opens a command prompt for roughly 15 seconds then closes it?

Besides, I also included FIX94's script to download the original fw.img file in the zip.

The xdelta patch works and with that @chalupabatman should be able to use Haxchi to run hexFW and dump his/her console's keys.
Using a patch is the quickest solution since we can't post prebuilt CFWs, but I also included the patched Makefile if he/she wants to build it himself/herself.

Last edited by nastys,

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done. Here's the xdelta patch for hexFW:
https://mega.nz/#!twZjWASR!v55OS7Ti7ZhafDoV4kdyvOKcuyTM3TgGmgW5PFCdKXc

It also includes the patched Makefile.

Patch your original fw.img then you should be able to dump your SEEPROM and OTP or start hexFW's wupserver.
Use the EJECT button to move around the menu and the POWER button to confirm.

When you say original fw.img is that the one that I patched/built when using iosuhax and the getfwimg.py script?

How would I dump my seeprom and otp?

I am still unable to launch wupserver by running wupclient.py

@nastys - I do not see any change to my system when I launch Haxchi - it is taking me directly back to the Wii U "home" screen so I do not know where to use the eject button to navigate comes to play.

Last edited by chalupabatman,

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When you say original fw.img is that the one that I patched/built when using iosuhax and the getfwimg.py script?

I am still unable to launch wupserver by running
Yes, it's the one you get by running getfwimg.py (check the md5 just in case)
Copy the patched file to your SD card, run Haxchi while holding A then select "Dump SEEPROM"/"Dump OTP" using EJECT and POWER to confirm.

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's the one you get by running getfwimg.py (check the md5 just in case)

Copy the patched file to your SD card, run Haxchi while holding A then select "Dump SEEPROM"/"Dump OTP" using EJECT and POWER to confirm.

That is my issue, when I run Haxchi while holding A I am taken back to the Wii U "home" screen and I do not have any options to "Dump SEEPROM/DUMP OTP"

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That is my issue, when I run Haxchi while holding A I am taken back to the Wii U "home" screen and I do not have any options to "Dump SEEPROM/DUMP OTP"
Check the md5 of the fw.img file on your SD card. It should be exactly 78904080f9985e6c63df7301d11b699b

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, I used WinMD5 free to verify the checksums matched and the checksum from my fw.img matches the one you posted above.
The same file works on my console. Perhaps you're not holding A long enough, or that's not the right button.
hexFW should work on 5.5.2, since not a lot has changed (right?)

Reactions: chalupabatman

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! You're basically done. Just follow these instructions to reinstall Haxchi: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-haxchi-pc-installer-for-5-5-2-with-seeprom-backup.479940/

It looks to me like I need to move the Purchased Game to USB so I can modify it with my computer. Obviously I have already used Haxchi to over-write the original game, so how would I get the game moved to USB since Haxchi is already in place of the "hackable' game? And I honestly do not remember what game I purchased from the store to over-write with Haxchi, do I need to know that? And if yes, how do I lookit up?

Does that make sense what I am asking?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It looks to me like I need to move the Purchased Game to USB so I can modify it with my computer. Obviously I have already used Haxchi to over-write the original game, so how would I get the game moved to USB since Haxchi is already in place of the "hackable' game?

Does that make sense what I am asking?
I don't know whether you can move it as-is then use Haxchi PC Installer, but you can always delete Haxchi and then download the original game from the eShop. You should be able to move your current Haxchi to a spare USB drive instead of deleting it, if you want to keep it just in case.

Just make sure you have everything you need before you do anything.

Last edited by nastys,

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know whether you can move it as-is then use Haxchi PC Installer, but you can always delete Haxchi and then download the original game from the eShop. You should be able to move your current Haxchi to a spare USB drive instead of deleting it, if you want to keep it just in case.

I just tried to open the EShop to look at purchase history but it said unable to connect, is this due to me changing the DNS Servers for my connection? - so I should let the DNS be auto-obtained?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just tried to open the EShop to look at purchase history but it said unable to connect, is this due to me changing the DNS Servers for my connection? - so I should let the DNS be auto-obtained?
Yes, you might as well remove anything you used to block the updates (for now).

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you might as well remove anything you used to block the updates (for now).

I found my game, I got Kirby Squeak Squad.

Reading the guide all the way through, I am going to follow step 2 (the more secure) and it says I need to use the below command
--otp otp.bin --seeprom seeprom.bin

I dumped both of these from the instructions you gave me earlier, but how do I "get" them so I can use them in the command above?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I found my game, I got Kirby Squeak Squad.

Reading the guide all the way through, I am going to follow step 2 (the more secure) and it says I need to use the below command
--otp otp.bin --seeprom seeprom.bin

I dumped both of these from the instructions you gave me earlier, but how do I "get" them so I can use them in the command above?
Just copy them from your SD card.

Reactions: chalupabatman

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nastys -> I am not sure what I did, however HBL is not launching. - Let me recap for you
I plugged a flash drive into console, and formatted
I moved my Haxchi from NAND to the USB Drive
I copied otp.bin & seeprom.bin to the same directory I extracted haxchi-pc-installer-v0.2.18-windows-64bit
I navigated to that dir C:\Test\PC\
I plugged flash drive into PC
I then typed haxchi-pc-installer --image \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 --otp otp.bin --seeprom seeprom.bin
Command Line text stated the game is kirby squeak squad
I hit Y, then enter
Done was displayed
I unplugged flash drive from PC
Powered on Wii U
Verified Haxchi was not still on the NAND
Powered off Wii U
Plugged in Flash Drive
Powered on Wii U
Launched Haxchi
Blue Haxchi screen appeared, music played
Was taken back to the Wii U "Home" screen
No HBL ever appeared :(

Did I miss something here?

EDIT --->
I am nervous w/o guidance from a guru here to just download the game again from the wii shop as wouldn't this "overwrite" my haxchi install and then I have no more entry point for HBL?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@nastys -> I am not sure what I did, however HBL is not launching. - Let me recap for you
I plugged a flash drive into console, and formatted
I moved my Haxchi from NAND to the USB Drive
I copied otp.bin & seeprom.bin to the same directory I extracted haxchi-pc-installer-v0.2.18-windows-64bit
I navigated to that dir C:\Test\PC\
I plugged flash drive into PC
I then typed haxchi-pc-installer --image \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 --otp otp.bin --seeprom seeprom.bin
Command Line text stated the game is kirby squeak squad
I hit Y, then enter
Done was displayed
I unplugged flash drive from PC
Powered on Wii U
Verified Haxchi was not still on the NAND
Powered off Wii U
Plugged in Flash Drive
Powered on Wii U
Launched Haxchi
Blue Haxchi screen appeared, music played
Was taken back to the Wii U "Home" screen
No HBL ever appeared :(

Did I miss something here?

EDIT --->
I am nervous w/o guidance from a guru here to just download the game again from the wii shop as wouldn't this "overwrite" my haxchi install and then I have no more entry point for HBL?
It seems you forgot to move Haxchi back to the Wii U's flash memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN