Homebrew little problem with Dolphin

Inu268

woof
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey, I tried running dolphin for the first time today, and when I try to open a game I get a "can't create opengl renderer, you might be missing some required opengl extensions" I am using Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family for my video card, I know it is weak but I am pretty sure it support opengl so...what is going on? how can I fix this?

also, for some reason the emulator doesn't recognize the dx9 plugin, the plugin is in the folder, but it is not there in the configure menu you know? I am using the lastest build, for 64 bits

Inu268

woof
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it works on my desktop..... which, except from the graphics card, is inferior to my notebook....but still get the same error on my notebook >.>

crissm25

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inu268 said:
hey, I tried running dolphin for the first time today, and when I try to open a game I get a "can't create opengl renderer, you might be missing some required opengl extensions" I am using Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family for my video card, I know it is weak but I am pretty sure it support opengl so...what is going on? how can I fix this?

also, for some reason the emulator doesn't recognize the dx9 plugin, the plugin is in the folder, but it is not there in the configure menu you know? I am using the lastest build, for 64 bits

Well since what ive read on other forums Theres only 2 Fixes
1: get a better video card ( Not Cheap)
2: Run Dolphin with DXwnd.

Only options

Inu268

woof
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah but how do can I choose to use the DX plugin if it is not selectable in the configuration? it is there in the plugin folders, but the only selectable one is openGL for some evil reason...and my card was supposed to support openGL in the first place >.>
oh well, I guess I will just play the games on my wii

Inu268

woof
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no >.>
I started playing it yesterday =p but playing on the keyboard sucks so....also, I do have audio, I guess it was fixed? I don't want to keep playing, I want my GC control so I can do it the proper way

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem with the OpenGL renderer. After doing all of the suggestions, they couldn't figure out why my machine--completely ready to play--wasn't able to run a single game. After that, no more advice came.

Hopefully they can resolve whatever unintended bug in the next release
frown.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the wind waker sound issue was fixed not too long ago, but not completely. Occasionally there is still some sound mess. Still requires a decently powerful machine to play properly anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1