Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this has been asked already, but will modified roms work? Like, if I edited Pokemon X with a hex editor, or eventually a hacking tool, will it boot or will I receive an error? Thanks!

I have seen some mild modifications such as wallpapers, so to my knowledge, yes, it does appear to be possible. To what extent however, I do not know.

Reactions: jastolze

Marcus McFry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm going to update to the latest gateway beta firmware, I have heard that SSB doesn't play unless you use the systnand or something like that. I was just wondering if anyone is having issues with the betas that I need to know of, will it automatically update you? I have never used the system nand before, is it safe to use, any issues of bricks & can you go online/use eshop games & go online (both eshop & for games?) Sorry if these have been answered before in the thread, thought I'd ask fresh instead of searching.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm going to update to the latest gateway beta firmware, I have heard that SSB doesn't play unless you use the systnand or something like that. I was just wondering if anyone is having issues with the betas that I need to know of, will it automatically update you? I have never used the system nand before, is it safe to use, any issues of bricks & can you go online/use eshop games & go online (both eshop & for games?) Sorry if these have been answered before in the thread, thought I'd ask fresh instead of searching.

There...is no reason to use sysNAND and you most certainly would not, as using it means forced update with SSB and would lose Gateway features. You most definitely will use emuNAND.

Reactions: Margen67

Marcus McFry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i update emunand to the latest one? Not sure if i can or need to update via another method for a specific version or do i need to wait til support for the latest version is available? I also heard something about spoofing internet connection while on the normal fw and updating emunand via wifi on gateway side. Any clarification to that ?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have a monster hunter 3 save on my normal 3ds, the game's from e-shop.

I will install the monster hunter 3 in .cia.(same region)

Can i just copy and paste the save?
Aren't saves locked to the system? Unless you do a system transfer I don't think you can preserve the hours :( Unless it's possible to share saves between consoles by extracting the save file, I don't think you can.

MH4 is coming to NA soon though! Something to look forward to.

Reactions: AdowTatep

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Aren't saves locked to the system? Unless you do a system transfer I don't think you can preserve the hours :( Unless it's possible to share saves between consoles by extracting the save file, I don't think you can.

MH4 is coming to NA soon though! Something to look forward to.

Hmmm, then maybe i'll get emunand, download that app to transfer my save to the wii u, then transfer again to my new 3ds xD
Edit:
Where have you been? ¬¬'

Reactions: 2Hack

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm, then maybe i'll get emunand, download that app to transfer my save to the wii u, then transfer again to my new 3ds xD
Edit:
Where have you been? ¬¬'
Banned from the original thread. :( apparently because I was too off topic. Bortz refuses to unban me.

maybe he's still mad I called him Kim Jong Bortz :P

I'm still alive in the EoF thread and some other threads, but it's dead unfortunately :(

Also didn't know you had a wiiU. I think that's a good way to transfer it. I've never tried it though.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i update emunand to the latest one? Not sure if i can or need to update via another method for a specific version or do i need to wait til support for the latest version is available? I also heard something about spoofing internet connection while on the normal fw and updating emunand via wifi on gateway side. Any clarification to that ?

Assuming the latest version's still 9.4 when you read this reply, then yes, it is supported. You can just update like you normally would (make sure you see the "GW3D" in the firmware version). There's no spoofing. You can setup 3 fake SSIDs with no security settings in SysNAND to prevent legitimate wifi settings from copying over from EmuNAND, if that's what you mean. Also, set both Spotpass settings to no to prevent Nintendo Zones from sending you updates.

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh guys, I have a question for you. I just bought a New 3DS XL (AUS) using the sysnand 9.0 so compatible with the Gateway. No problem about that.

But I still have all my saves on my old 3DS. I know that I cannot transfert the data from both console since the last sysnand is requested on both consoles, but what about a transfert with the old 3DS with the 9.4 update to the N3DS running with emunand ?

petrieslastword

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my 3DS is on version 4.5 firmware, using my Gateway, but it seems to have downloaded a firmware update, and now I am worried I am going to accidentally click "A" at some point and fuck it up. This is while in Gateway mode. Is there a fix or anything or do I just need to be super careful? Assistance is very appreciated.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
So my 3DS is on version 4.5 firmware, using my Gateway, but it seems to have downloaded a firmware update, and now I am worried I am going to accidentally click "A" at some point and fuck it up. This is while in Gateway mode. Is there a fix or anything or do I just need to be super careful? Assistance is very appreciated.
if you format it, you will lost the prompt. Anyways, it asks for you to accept the EULA before updating so you can always back out if you press a on accident

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's some way of completely blocking the update coming from wi fi?

(Without using router options? but only 3ds ones?)

I read somewhere that going into Wifi settings, then going to Spotpass and selecting "No" for both will prevent you from receiving updates automatically. It seemed to work on my 9.2 EmuNANDs. As for SysNAND, well, I've unlinked, and when I created my new profile, I selected "Later" when it brought up the ToS. I'm fairly certain Spotpass remains completely disabled until you accept (trying to change its settings pops it up again), though I haven't gone online in SysNAND just to be safe.

Oh guys, I have a question for you. I just bought a New 3DS XL (AUS) using the sysnand 9.0 so compatible with the Gateway. No problem about that.

But I still have all my saves on my old 3DS. I know that I cannot transfert the data from both console since the last sysnand is requested on both consoles, but what about a transfert with the old 3DS with the 9.4 update to the N3DS running with emunand ?

If your old 3DS is an Australian model, then yes. There are several accounts of people successfully transferring from SysNAND to EmuNAND, and vice versa. If it's not an Australian model, well, it's my understanding system transfer doesn't work cross-region. Actually, I'm not certain they both have to be Australian, but, if you can't at least pick the same country on both, you can forget about it.

However, you're talking about saves. System transfer is more about purchase info, NNIDs, and Miis. I think saves are only tied to your profile for genuine e-shop purchases, not ROMs and CIAs (well, ROMs converted to CIAs still save to the root, haven't tried any e-shop exclusives yet, mainly because e-ware in general always comes across as, well, leftovers -- if they didn't think it was good enough to cut it in the real market, there's probably a good reason).

Of course, for any game that uses firmware 6.x or higher that you've been playing on a 4.x system, the save is not properly encrypted, so, those will appear corrupt. Unfortunately, even a system transfer isn't going to fix them. Gateway's looking into creating a save tool I think, but it's hard to say when they'll be able to get to it. So, something like a Zelda: OoT save should copy just fine, but something like Zelda: ALBW probably won't. The only thing you can do is copy the .sav files from the root of the 3DS's SD card to your computer. Once the N3DS is exploited, copy them to it's MicroSD card. Then "see what sticks" as they say.

2Hack pretty much answered your question, but I would add that the 3DS usually will not start an update if it is not plugged in, so, as long as you're not charging it, it's also going to prompt you to plug it in, providing another opportunity to back out.

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
can i use .cia updates/dlcs for a .3ds/.3dz game?

first i thought so, but now when i think about it, i´m not so sure anymore..

i think i´ll need the game also as a .cia or?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi