Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a lot of purchased digital eshop titles - if i installed emunand, would I be able to keep them on the same SD? if it formats the SD card, then should I back them up beforehand using my computer then copy them back onto the emunand partition afterwards? that should work fine yes?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a lot of purchased digital eshop titles - if i installed emunand, would I be able to keep them on the same SD? if it formats the SD card, then should I back them up beforehand using my computer then copy them back onto the emunand partition afterwards? that should work fine yes?

Yes, you should backup the card first. However, there's no copying anything onto the EmuNAND partition, other than a NAND/EmuNAND dump. Windows won't even mount it (Linux might be able to, haven't tried it, but I think it's pretty much a raw copy of the NAND, and therefore would not be recognized as a known filesystem). Copying the "Nintendo 3DS" folder back to the card's primary partition after installing EmuNAND should work just fine, though. Basically what you're wanting to do will work, just not quite as described.

Almost went and purchased a Sky3Ds so that I would have something to play with in the meanwhile -- actually I was going to go to the Gateway-3ds.com website to click "Resellers" (and go to the same vendor I ordered my Gateway from, because they also sell Sky3Ds -- which is $97 USD...), but lo-and-behold: NEW NEWS!

So, if I cross my fingers really hard and maybe knock on all the wood I see today, maybe that alleged Christmas update will add support for my system (a 7.x system). Woot!

* holding my breath ... figuratively *

Unfortunately for me, I'm slightly more impatient than you are. I ordered a Sky3DS yesterday just to ensure I'd have something to play on my N3DS when it arrives. But it looks like I won't need to download any PAL ROMs after all. Still, since it looks to be unblockable, it may have its uses for future versions of the 3DS hardware. I mean, at this rate, in a couple more years we'll be seeing the EN3DS (Even Newer 3DS).

They've got support all the way down to 7.x already? And to think I went out of my way to cancel my order of a Japanese N3DS and order an Australian one for fear I would get a unit running 8.1. Oh well, I may have spent more than I'd have had to, but at least it will be in English (and I'm guaranteed a SysNAND that has themes) ;)

swordlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does running DS mode under emuNAND reset the exploit? I'm not sure if the emuNAND and NAND have their own "DS modes" or if they point to the same one.

I'd like to know the answer to that too as I haven't tried it out yet.

Additionally, some posts earlier people were talking about the emuNAND 9.4 crashing because of the new themes and a bad bigSD could be the reason. Since I was using the cheap one that comes with the 3DS, I switched it for a Transcend class 10 SDXC 64gb (I don't have the specifics). From time to time, whenever I boot into Gateway mode I still get a rainbow screen and have to force shut it down. The SD card is formatted as FAT 32 and everything, it can't be used in a professional camera but it far exceeds the 3DS's standards.

Could anyone help me out? I'm afraid I'm frying my 3DS.

Hydreath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If i order a Geteway card right now from any of the Geteway resellers is it garanteed that it will work on my 3DS 9.0.20 with the soon released update? I dont want to buy anything that I wont be able to use >.<

jaynecobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i order a Geteway card right now from any of the Geteway resellers is it garanteed that it will work on my 3DS 9.0.20 with the soon released update? I dont want to buy anything that I wont be able to use >.<
did you read the list of questions and answers on the first page of this thread?

Hydreath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
did you read the list of questions and answers on the first page of this thread?

I did but i am a little to overwhelmed with all of the info. I just wanted to know if it is worth for me to buy right now or not. Sorry I am kinda of a noob.
And i found what i was looking for thank you, have a nice day!!

jaykureno

Trophies
XP
Country
I sent an email to gateway asking about 8.0 support and this was their response:
aE7YEma.png

For people that bought / is going to buy a New 3ds after the 9.3 update was released this is very positive news.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their website claims they have implemented at least a degree of support for firmwares ranging from 7.0 to 9.2.

8.0 is fairly specific, but it does fall between that range.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually migrate away from the old exploit on 4.5 systems entirely. The process no longer requires the blue card and may be more stable and user friendly to activate. Once they get all the features implemented they will likely dump the old launcher.dat method entirely.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually migrate away from the old exploit on 4.5 systems entirely. The process no longer requires the blue card and may be more stable and user friendly to activate. Once they get all the features implemented they will likely dump the old launcher.dat method entirely.

maybe they will even implement DSI ware and DS rom loading from SD after this is done
if it doesn't use a DS mode exploit then running things in DS mode shouldn't break the exploit
probably the next big thing they will work on after 9.x support

that would be incentive for people to update to higher sysnand FW and use the new exploit too

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. The exploit probably has better persistance. It might even stick after going to and leaving system settings. A full power down is probably the only way out of the exploit now. :D

i don't know, a full power down does not remove the DS exploit now,so not sure about how it can be removed or if can be removed or if there even needs to be anything installed like the previous exploit at all ,my guess is that we will just put some files on the SD card , maybe something on the MSD and then scan a QR code through mii maker to initially install the exploit , then after that to launch it we will just go to mii maker and hold a button or button combo while launching into mii maker to trigger the exploit and get GW rom menu

right now running DS mode is the only way to get rid of the exploit entry , so maybe launching MII maker normally without holding the button combo will break the new exploit

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know, a full power down does not remove the DS exploit now,so not sure about how it can be removed or if can be removed or if there even needs to be anything installed like the previous exploit at all ,my guess is that we will just put some files on the SD card , maybe something on the MSD and then scan a QR code through mii maker to initially install the exploit , then after that to launch it we will just go to mii maker and hold a button or button combo while launching into mii maker to trigger the exploit and get GW rom menu

right now running DS mode is the only way to get rid of the exploit entry , so maybe launching MII maker normally without holding the button combo will break the new exploit

I was under the impression that the exploit was persistent through sleep mode but a full power off required you to run the exploit again after booting back up?
Perhaps you are confusing installing the exploit (use blue card) and RUNNING the exploit (go in to DS profile in settings)?

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, sorry if this question has been asked before but can anyone tell me what type of sd card to buy for gateway. im planning to buy a gateway for the future 9.2.0 support and im also planning to buy a 64gb sd card. looking online I notice some 64gb sd card are selling from prices from 100 to 10 dollars. however the 10 dollar ones seem to say theret tf flash memory cards. I don't know if tf is a bad thing or not but I want to know if it will work with gateway. heres an example of an sd card im talking about.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that the exploit was persistent through sleep mode but a full power off required you to run the exploit again after booting back up?
Perhaps you are confusing installing the exploit (use blue card) and RUNNING the exploit (go in to DS profile in settings)?

yes thats is what i mean ,installing the the exploit with blue card through DS mode

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
I sent an email to gateway asking about 8.0 support and this was their response:
aE7YEma.png

For people that bought / is going to buy a New 3ds after the 9.3 update was released this is very positive news.

That "will most likely" part makes me think that Gateway's "e-mail team" isn't in exact synch with their "development team" or "website team" or whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1