Linux question Again

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the lost+found directory periodically purge itself? I went into the directory and used the ls command, and the folder seems to be empty. I wanted to restore a file I deleted months ago.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are deleted files just gone after deletion (i.e. no type of recycle bin)? that's what I thought the lost+found directory was for.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No....you choose if you want to delete or if you want to move it into the recycle bin...aaaand if you choose delete....than it's deleted,afaik :(

Reactions: godreborn

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
are deleted files just gone after deletion (i.e. no type of recycle bin)? that's what I thought the lost+found directory was for.
Recycle bin is in a .Trash-1000 folder (1000 being your user uid, different users will have a different uid.)

Usually at ~/.local/share/.Trash-1000 (iirc? could be in cache instead), on removable drives it will be at the root of the drive.

Unless you didn't have any kind of recycle bin service set up, most will have one automatically though to intercept deletions and move files to Trash. There will be an option to skip recycle bin too though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F