Hacking Let's guess what is the exploit of the coming GW 9.2 support

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd guess it's probably triggered by a QR code or some variation of the ninjhax entry point. Maybe Smea is in bed with Gateway, and that's why we haven't seen a source code release yet.

we have a winner
didiwindainternets.jpg

it is obviously something to do with mii maker, it jumps str8 to mii maker when the card is inserted

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude, on the n3DS pressing ZR goes to the right, the person in the video clearly pressed zr...

i don't know it don't look like she is pressing it when it jumps plus it jumps over 2 icons photo and some gift one and goes right to mii maker

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I don't see a point to this. It's just guesswork. Can I vote for waiting and see?

I vote for "lock this thread"

Pointless and bored shitless with all this and that regarding gateway. You think it is the end of the world for some people with the behavior in these forums.

Go play on other systems and games and wait for the release for when it comes.

Seanshoots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if you guys are so set on the mii + CN thing, you could say something like:

Hurr durr launch cubic ninja and load QR code because they said not to update past 9.2 beep boop
Overwrites values in ubll.lst :tpi: that contain a corrupted Mii (http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata#NAND_Shared_Extdata)
Loading Mii channel loads up another exploit with more privileges :shit:

But really, it is more than unlikely to be any of these. We'll just have to wait.

I'm only here because my old bookmark from Hacking & Development now directs to this subforum :(

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody here think maybe gateway exploit might actualy work on 9.4 and they said not to update past 9.2.0 just to lul Nintendo to a false sense of security.

IF they did have an exploit that good to work in 9.3+ and above. There is NO way they would release it until after North American/European release of N3DSs. (unless they were OVER confident they had a second exploit that was as good that would not be closed by Nintendo at the same time as fixing 1st exploit)

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SSSPwn is a unreleased kernel exploit. Ninjhax is the usermode hack.
Uhhh no. Once again you have no idea what you're talking about.
SSSPwn is part of the chain of exploits that makes up Ninjhax.

Here's a couple of paragraphs from his blog post about SSSPwn. I've highlighted some of the more relevant parts for your convenience.

Smealum said:
Generally speaking, the thing that’s been stopping me (and others) from releasing working exploits has been the fact that they might be used for piracy. Fortunately, that should not be a factor in this case, as by its very nature, ssspwn can not by itself allow piracy. That’s right, it’s the sweet spot that gives us just enough to get awesome homebrew code running in arm11 user mode, but not enough to break the system bad enough to let anyone do whatever the hell they want. As such, I personally have no qualms with releasing the exploit into the wild.

I'd really recommend you read the entire article so that you'll actually have a fucking clue when talking about this subject in the future.

The initial kernel exploit he used allowing him to setup his own emuNAND (which he referred to as red(irected)NAND), is the same kernel exploit that gateway and number of other people have used to gain full system access.

While I have absolutely no doubt that he (and others) have unreleased kernel exploits, SSSPwn isn't one of them.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry this might be off topic, but if GW's update requires internet access to setup/use, won't there be a risk of downloading 9.4 while our wifi switch is on?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i doubt it will use online ,we will probably put files on the GW msd ,3ds SD or both
EDIT: if it does though expect it to be like trying to connect to cydia the day a new teatherless JB for IOS is released

Reactions: thorasgar

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry, I must have misunderstood.
No problem, you're allowed to be wrong.

What I really took issue with was how you accosted another member, bluntly correcting him as if you were some sort of authority on the subject.

i don't know it don't look like she is pressing it when it jumps plus it jumps over 2 icons photo and some gift one and goes right to mii maker
Yeah that's how it works, tapping ZR or ZL skips over two icons. From first to fourth, fourth to seventh, seventh to tenth etc...

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problems, you're allowed to be wrong.

What I really took issue with was how you accosted another member, bluntly correcting him as if you were some sort of authority on the subject.

Yeah that's how it works, tapping ZR or ZL skips over two icons. From first to fourth, fourth to seventh, seventh to tenth etc...

i have no idea i got it a few weeks ago and i am not touching it till GW release, i only really checked the FW and havent touched it since, especially since i have no carts for the region

but just curious i hear it does 3d youtube videos now ,so i am wondering if it is only through the youtube app or only through the browser or both?
i would try it but im not putting it online to find out till GW releases and we know what is going on with emunand, not going to catch an update,or if that is even possible out of region, not sure

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Uhhh no. Once again you have no idea what you're talking about.
SSSPwn is part of the chain of exploits that makes up Ninjhax.

Here's a couple of paragraphs from his blog post about SSSPwn. I've highlighted some of the more relevant parts for your convenience.

I'd really recommend you read the entire article so that you'll actually have a fucking clue when talking about this subject in the future.

The initial kernel exploit he used allowing him to setup his own emuNAND (which he referred to as red(irected)NAND), is the same kernel exploit that gateway and number of other people have used to gain full system access.

While I have absolutely no doubt that he (and others) have unreleased kernel exploits, SSSPwn isn't one of them.

lol why are you so mad

Reactions: Kelton2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, gonna block you for real if you keep being like that
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well.... Go ahead my "friend". If it makes you happy :mellow:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Really, blocking him will only hurt you, we will see his messages, but you wont
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, ok i'm not blocking him
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just got to have thick skin and ignore people online if you don't agree or dislike. The internet is full of clowns.
    +2
    and an 👴 just having fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the beach
    Cool :D Wait :unsure::unsure::unsure: Did you say Bleach? :O
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, without the l
    +1
    Enjoy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Enjoy wacking yourself off, old man?
    +1
    Always :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man bought a $20 a gauge at Amazon that was all fancy digital went to hook it up did t detect shit, then went back and bought an analog worked right away
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 Happens all the time when ordering these iffy things
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    watching xbox direct but the feed keeps getting dc'd, oh well
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    back to MH rise
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars