Status
Not open for further replies.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the nice new attach menu. YAY for image editing.!!

NPJH50311_00046.jpg

NPJH50311_00047.jpg

NPJH50311_00048.jpg

NPJH50311_00049.jpg

Just saying the eboot work is coming across nicely. Minor space problems here and there but creative wording seems to fix most of them.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had actually mulled over that one for a couple of days. Ran it through my brain talking to myself and checked Merriam Webster dictionary to find the proper plural form... and apparently armor is more commonly used as a plural. I also had the same question about "fishes" somewhere and I am not completely sold on that one either. But you would think it would be armors until you say something like "Suzanna has a huge collection of different armors" as opposed to "Suzanne has a huge collection of different armor".

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Uhhhm...I see...
As for "fishes", I used that somewhere.
I remembered something like that fish is also plural if it's intended as many units of the same fish,
while it's fishes if we're talking about many different types of fish. I could be wrong though...

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you were correct to use "fishes". At first it seemed strange to use but like armor/s, after researching it, it is the correct use of the word. :)

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work, between this and the latest Trails in the Sky FC and Sen no Kiseki II updates, the "Trails scene" feels more active than ever!

G-Han

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gorgeous, man. Can't wait to see the translation of the script to start rolling!

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I get time I am working on the script dumps. But for the next few days I will be completely transparent because I am celebrating my 10 anniversary with my wife (and she would probably kick my ass for being on the computer all the time, lol).

I'm surprised nobody noticed in the previous thread with the screenshots I spelled "attack" as "attach".

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm surprised no one seems to be working on the game main script...
and the few stuff translated is a mess because who did that treated every single line as a single independent sentence...
:facepalm:

Book 5 is completed.
I've started Book 2.

xrainex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe the translation of the main script is on hold right now because something needs to be done with it or something. But yeah, revisions will need to be made looking at the ones already translated. I'm actually surprised how I still remember which npc the first few lines belong to haha

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem that came up with the main script was the missing chunks of dialog and people were requesting background information. I guess they had never played any of the games in the series. So I have been having to go over the files individually with a fine tooth comb trying to make sure nothing is left behind. On top of being busy with work and doing stuff with the other files, I really had not done much with them due to lack of time. But I have started working on them slowly the past week. Not a whole lot of them done but I am going as fast as I can. If I knew how to edit the codes in flame's tool for dumping stuff I might be able to speed up the process. Also I have been going through and working on the names at the end of the files so that when they are dumped, it shows the name of the speaker if it is available. So that in a nutshell is what is happening with the dialog stuff. Now that you mention it and after trying to review some of the stuff, it does seem like they were treated as single separate lines instead of whole conversations (which in truth - most of them are). These characters sure do have a lot to say. LOL. (But that is why I enjoy these games, plenty of story and just enough action).

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently the only stuff I'm aware of that won't dump with the tool is the treasure box codes. The treasure box codes are all the same though, so that's not a problem.
You've got to let me know about any lines that won't dump. That way I can modify the tool appropriately.

Zero G has asked me to work on a tool to dump the NPC names (that are in a list at the end of each script file). I'll get on it.
Once I publish the dump and you guys translate them, I can make an inserter tool for them, too.
The items, weapons and armors are inserted.
Since the spells are all translated, I can make an inserter tool for those, too.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple but time consuming. Lol. Good work flame.

Edit
There is actually a good chance of it and almost any other falcom game. But I think going back to 3rd would be more of a priority with myself. Just depends.

xrainex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I must have missed the "halt" to the main script somewhere. Sorry.

Raine: you seem to know a ton, so... エメリア総合病院 Emeria General Hospital?

Emeria General Hospital should be fine. There's no official name for it as far as I know.

oh and btw, I took a look at the npc name dump file. For those helping translate, there's a section on place names in the first spreadsheet that you can refer to.

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Taking on Nayuta, let me know if I can help. That is another game on my to do list after I get this and the original Dragon Slayer - Legend of Heroes 1 & 2 PSX done. Oh yeah... another gem we missed out on. Part 2.

I know this post offers no value to the thread itself, but you shall receive the blessing of every known god if you work on that bundle.

Reactions: G-Han

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, well that was easier than I thought.
Link to dumped NPC names.

All right. After a first pass, second, third and who knows how many others, we're down to missing just this stuff:

060 SE制御 Need to see it in-game.
230 コウケン "Kouken". Chinese name?
339 イス. "Isu". Chair? Or is it a personal name like Ys, Is, Yisu? Need to see it in-game.
358 ホイストフ "Hoisutofu". Hoistoff? Whistoff?
360 セルテオ "Seruteo". Serteo? Celteo?
852 ニコル "Nikoru". Nicole if it's a she, Nikol if it's a he. Need to see it in-game.
1117人形 "Ningyou". Puppet or Doll? Need to see it in-game.
1298 コウキ "Kouki". Chinese name/Incense ware?
1485 ジョーリッジ "Jourijji". Joe Ridge?
1994 ハティナ "Hatina". Hathena?
2049 バット "Batto/Vatto". Bat/Vat/Personal name? Need to see it in-game.
2097 タントス "Tantosu". Tantos?
2138 グラス "Gurasu". Glass/Grass/Glasse/Grasse? Need to see it in-game.
2642 カマ "Kama". Sickle/Kettle/Iron Pot... Need to see it in-game.
2643 チョウ "Chou". Too many possible meanings like butterfly, guts, bowels, sign, omen...Need to see it in-game.
2805 軍用犬 War/Army Dog Need to see it in-game.
3001 ムラシュ "Murashu". ?
3018 ゴーファン "Goufan". Chinese name?
3238 メーシェ "Meeshe". Chinese name?
3698 教授イス Need to see it in-game if it's a Professor's Chair or if it's Professor Ys/Is/Yisu.

About Chinese names.
There're quite a few camouflaged under Japanese readings. Me and Raine have nailed down some of them
but as you can see some others remain. Another problem is how to treat them. We have a character who's official name is Rixia
and not Ri Xia. So, should we treat all others names like hers? I mean

Xi Lún
Měi Hua
Qiu Lán
Shan Shan

and so on should become Xilún, Měihua, Qiulán, Shanshan? And what about the tone accents? Should we get rid of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.