Hardware Left joycon not connecting wirelessly unless I change grip order

ch13696

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird that this all of a sudden started happening. This is a sort of new joycon and hasn't been opened. It came with my OLED Switch, but I'm using it on my hacked Switch. For some reason when I want to use it wirelessly it searches for a second and then stops. It only does a longer search when I press the sync button and go into change grip order. Has anyone had this issue before? Is there a way to fix this?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird that this all of a sudden started happening. This is a sort of new joycon and hasn't been opened. It came with my OLED Switch, but I'm using it on my hacked Switch. For some reason when I want to use it wirelessly it searches for a second and then stops. It only does a longer search when I press the sync button and go into change grip order. Has anyone had this issue before? Is there a way to fix this?

Connect it to your PC and look at it with https://gbatemp.net/threads/tool-joy-con-toolkit.478560/

If the firmware is downrev consider upgrading the firmware?

also runs it through tests so you can see if the controller misbehaves with the PC too, or just the Switch.

ch13696

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Connect it to your PC and look at it with https://gbatemp.net/threads/tool-joy-con-toolkit.478560/

If the firmware is downrev consider upgrading the firmware?

also runs it through tests so you can see if the controller misbehaves with the PC too, or just the Switch.
Looks like I'm on the latest firmware. When I went to connect it to my PC, and then lost connection, it started searching for a device longer than a second. So somehow it fixed itself. I didn't do anything in the software.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I'm on the latest firmware. When I went to connect it to my PC, and then lost connection, it started searching for a device longer than a second. So somehow it fixed itself. I didn't do anything in the software.
I’ll take a free win. Let’s hope it doesn’t come back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids