ROM Hack LBX Little Battlers Experience(USA) Hacking request

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds great! I was wondering if you could find what ids the parts equipped onto Van are, so that someone could potentially change Van's frame into a boss exclusive frame.
With the possible exception of the bulldozer thing in the bottom of Angel Star (even then not likely) there aren't really any "boss only" frames that I know of. Iirc [almost] all of it is done through armor parts, and most if not all of those are possible to unlock playable versions of either through 100 Wifi wins (which I made a code for), completing "new story plus", Ranking Battles/the Battle Points shop(s?), Passwords, the DLC Gatcha machine, LBX card battles, or simply getting them via normal battle drops (you can increase the drop rate by getting Breaking Blows, or using a SAR to destroy the last enemy LBX, triggered when the last enemy is under 20% LP).

if the frames use pointers to a specific piece of armor, I may be able to use that to target a specific piece's data instead of having to beat around the bush with a thousand codes to edit each specific slot (and since I'll be using AR code format instead of beating my head against the wall converting my existing codes into the C++/C# plugin bases, coding a OSD slot selector is out. I mean - I have all the needed knowledge/skill... but I don't really have the time/patience to do it for a mostly inactive game like this)

Last edited by iSharingan,

RegalSwordsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the possible exception of the bulldozer thing in the bottom of Angel Star (even then not likely) there aren't really any "boss only" frames that I know of. Iirc [almost] all of it is done through armor parts, and most if not all of those are possible to unlock playable versions of either through 100 Wifi wins (which I made a code for), Ranking Battles/the Battle Points shop(s?), Passwords, the DLC Gatcha machine, LBX card battles, or simply getting them via normal battle drops (you can increase the drop rate by getting Breaking Blows, or using a SAR to destroy the last enemy LBX, triggered when the last enemy is under 20% LP).

if the frames use pointers to a specific piece of armor, I may be able to use that to target a specific piece's data instead of having to beat around the bush with a thousand codes to edit each specific slot (and since I'll be using AR code format instead of beating my head against the wall converting my existing codes into the C++/C# plugin bases, coding a OSD slot selector is out. I mean - I have all the needed knowledge/skill... but I don't really have the time/patience to do it for a mostly inactive game like this)
By boss only, I mainly meant
Cerberus and the fusion of Master Otaku's LBX.
I think that they have exclusive armor because their weapons DO exist in the code, and, if hacked into the game (via NTR plugin), they do kinda function. Those were the particular LBX parts I was referring to, since those have no other ways of obtaining them.

Last edited by RegalSwordsman,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By boss only, I mainly meant
Cerberus and the fusion of Master Otaku's LBX.
I think that they have exclusive armor because their weapons DO exist in the code, and, if hacked into the game (via NTR plugin), they do kinda function. Those were the particular LBX parts I was referring to, since those have no other ways of obtaining them.
Ah, fair enough - though what you describe also fits the Metanoia GX, which has an in-game part but is unobtainable (and only mentioned passively as the prize for Artemis/only shown in cutscenes). If anything, its possible it was intended as DLC that never got released and/or never made it into the game for later distribution (like how Quest 124 simply doesn't exist).

If the armor parts do exist, I/we would need to find the ID for them - which won't be particularly easy unless armor IDs in use are stored in an accessible location (EI: to call the right model data to render in battle - ideally located near the actual battle data) and the parts appear in a scripted battle we can use to check. Even then, if what I read on previous pages is right about part data, they wont have their base stats if hacked in and there's no real way to deduce them. If someone knows the IDs for the basic Kunoichi set, this should be easy-ish to check as as I already have the battle data pointers and there's several repeatable early Vs NPC battle options (IE: "Coleen" in the floor 1 hallway of the school, right near the door).

RegalSwordsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, fair enough - though what you describe also fits the Metanoia GX, which has an in-game part but is unobtainable (and only mentioned passively as the prize for Artemis/only shown in cutscenes). If anything, its possible it was intended as DLC that never got released and/or never made it into the game for later distribution (like how Quest 124 simply doesn't exist).

If the armor parts do exist, I/we would need to find the ID for them - which won't be particularly easy unless armor IDs in use are stored in an accessible location (EI: to call the right model data to render in battle - ideally located near the actual battle data) and the parts appear in a scripted battle we can use to check. Even then, if what I read on previous pages is right about part data, they wont have their base stats if hacked in and there's no real way to deduce them. If someone knows the IDs for the basic Kunoichi set, this should be easy-ish to check as as I already have the battle data pointers and there's several repeatable early Vs NPC battle options (IE: "Coleen" in the floor 1 hallway of the school, right near the door).
I have a save file with all boss fights unlocked in the Ranking mode (or whatever it was called): including Ifrit. That would be a way to repeat those fights, and if someone could determine what the pointers the opponent's first LBX is, then finding what ids they represent should be easy.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a save file with all boss fights unlocked in the Ranking mode (or whatever it was called): including Ifrit. That would be a way to repeat those fights, and if someone could determine what the pointers the opponent's first LBX is, then finding what ids they represent should be easy.
did a little digging and judging by this post, the 'boss' parts you're referring to likely dont function, seeing as some of the the weapons are broken. I also went over the battle data on my leader's slot and found no matches with the AX-00 pads on (should have been ID 0x0064 [Van color AX-00 cover pads] if it was there)

Also finally nailed down the location of part data and invalid armor IDs outright crash the game, so they definitely wont be included as an edit option. I did however figure out grade, AC, and part ID offsets (color is tied to part ID. There's also a dummy weight value that doesn't do anything despite matching the part weight). I can also confirm its a certain number of slots for each part type, as they're separated by type (head, torso, legs, etc.) and are maintained in the order they were acquired. Once I nail down exactly how many slots there are for each part type, I can finish my max AC code. Once that's done I'll work on finding the addresses that ID which part is equipped (seems to be by inventory slot identifier as there's no 'equipped' flag in the part structure and changing the part ID of an equipped part updates the LBX it's on)

edit: so its 255 slots for each part type (head, torso, legs, etc.) making 1275 total part slots. Whats more, my max AC code works flawlessly.

Edit 2: And confirmed the equipped part data is indeed slot numbers. Just finished whipping up a code to auto-adjust based on the slot numbers to edit only the parts equipped to van's frame. I probably could have gone one step further to detect who the leader was and update for that, but its really not worth it (the current codes are 40 lines for each weapon affinity - the extra layer would add like 15 more to each of the codes). Mainly just need the offset for Navarro points now.

Last edited by iSharingan,

RegalSwordsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did a little digging and judging by this post, the 'boss' parts you're referring to likely dont function, seeing as some of the the weapons are broken. I also went over the battle data on my leader's slot and found no matches with the AX-00 pads on (should have been ID 0x0064 [Van color AX-00 cover pads] if it was there)

Also finally nailed down the location of part data and invalid armor IDs outright crash the game, so they definitely wont be included as an edit option. I did however figure out grade, AC, and part ID offsets (color is tied to part ID. There's also a dummy weight value that doesn't do anything despite matching the part weight). I can also confirm its a certain number of slots for each part type, as they're separated by type (head, torso, legs, etc.) and are maintained in the order they were acquired. Once I nail down exactly how many slots there are for each part type, I can finish my max AC code. Once that's done I'll work on finding the addresses that ID which part is equipped (seems to be by inventory slot identifier as there's no 'equipped' flag in the part structure and changing the part ID of an equipped part updates the LBX it's on)

edit: so its 255 slots for each part type (head, torso, legs, etc.) making 1275 total part slots. Whats more, my max AC code works flawlessly.

Edit 2: And confirmed the equipped part data is indeed slot numbers. Just finished whipping up a code to auto-adjust based on the slot numbers to edit only the parts equipped to van's frame. I probably could have gone one step further to detect who the leader was and update for that, but its really not worth it (the current codes are 40 lines for each weapon affinity - the extra layer would add like 15 more to each of the codes). Mainly just need the offset for Navarro points now.
So it might not work, huh...? Darn. I know for certain that the weapons wouldn't work, but if you worked on a code that changed what Armor that Van's frame had, I could test this out further. One set I AM interested about trying to get is the red Ifrit armor set, since that was meant to be dlc exclusive, but it wasn't released. The Special 6 lbx parts, such as black Genbu, do exist without dlc, just without the means to access them. So I think red Ifrit might be the same case.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it might not work, huh...? Darn. I know for certain that the weapons wouldn't work, but if you worked on a code that changed what Armor that Van's frame had, I could test this out further. One set I AM interested about trying to get is the red Ifrit armor set, since that was meant to be dlc exclusive, but it wasn't released. The Special 6 lbx parts, such as black Genbu, do exist without dlc, just without the means to access them. So I think red Ifrit might be the same case.
again, you're misunderstanding. The pieces on the frame are just slot numbers - not a copy of the part. You'd need to change the ID numbers on an existing armor piece to have a chance to access it - but if you go too far/hit an invalid ID, you'll crash the game. Grade is also a deciding factor, as Van's blue AX-00 parts lose their color if changed to HG or TG (it returns to normal if you change them back to NG).

RegalSwordsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again, you're misunderstanding. The pieces on the frame are just slot numbers - not a copy of the part. You'd need to change the ID numbers on an existing armor piece to have a chance to access it - but if you go too far/hit an invalid ID, you'll crash the game. Grade is also a deciding factor, as Van's blue AX-00 parts lose their color if changed to HG or TG (it returns to normal if you change them back to NG).
Sorry, I got that, but my wording was wrong. I knew that I would need to change the ID of the parts, but I don't know how to convery my ideas for shit. I'd mainly be testing with TG parts, and I would mark which IDs did crash the game. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I got that, but my wording was wrong. I knew that I would need to change the ID of the parts, but I don't know how to convery my ideas for shit. I'd mainly be testing with TG parts, and I would mark which IDs did crash the game. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
well if you have access to RAM, the head parts start at a very easy to remember 08871234 (at least for the exp on the AX-00 head). Part ID is the 64 you'll find shortly after that and grade for the part is at 8871240 (02 will set it to TG). All parts in the set share the same part ID, so if you find anything interesting I may make an ID swap code for it (would change a specific part ID to another when its equipped to Van's frame - thus preventing overwrites to story-critical parts)

RegalSwordsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you have access to RAM, the head parts start at a very easy to remember 08871234 (at least for the exp on the AX-00 head). Part ID is the 64 you'll find shortly after that and grade for the part is at 8871240 (02 will set it to TG). All parts in the set share the same part ID, so if you find anything interesting I may make an ID swap code for it (would change a specific part ID to another when its equipped to Van's frame - thus preventing overwrites to story-critical parts)
What could I use to access RAM?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What could I use to access RAM?
for one, Nanquitas has a few NTR plugins for exploring ram/making your own codes on the fly. I dont have the link with me right now but I could DM the one I'm using - assuming you have custom firmware and NTR access (I'm fairly sure you do seeing this thread involves data injection through NTR).

RegalSwordsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for one, Nanquitas has a few NTR plugins for exploring ram/making your own codes on the fly. I dont have the link with me right now but I could DM the one I'm using - assuming you have custom firmware and NTR access (I'm fairly sure you do seeing this thread involves data injection through NTR).
I very much have both.

RegalSwordsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I ran into a few interesting things.
0C is Hades.
8C is Perfect ZX4.
8D is Grimskull.
63 appears to be Ifrit, but it isn't QUITE that. It's the boss variant, and has different resistances.
These are all brawler frame.

RegalSwordsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, there's one thing I'm interested in:
The damaged Nemisis. This shithead: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GU-YkUQHl3Q/UfwsRo-6n5I/AAAAAAAAEZw/3LyYMd7ffZA/s1600/%5BRG_%26_RyRo%5D_Danball_Senki_-_42_%28720p%29_%5BCAA7E089%5D.mkv_snapshot_20.15_%5B2013.07.28_19.33.22%5D.jpg
Appears near the very end of the game, in one fight, and seems to act as an exact clone of Nemesis, but with a different model. I can't tell where it's supposed to be (it's not near Nemisis (id 20), nor near Boss Ifrit / Primal Ifrit (ids 63 and 8E), so I'm lost.

RegalSwordsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the few of you still looking at this thread: A concise list of boss LBX, what ids they reside in, and other notes of interest. NOTE: The legs of these LBX act differently: Using an unexpected weapon crashes the game. Similarly, attempting to use a boss weapon without the necessary leg part/trying to attack with the weapon in an unexpected way (ie. using Cerberus from the air) can lead to odd results. But if you use both TOGETHER... Then you can use the boss' moveset! It's a nice novelty to have. Some boss LBX are copies of each other: I will note them as follows. Any traits the original boss has, the copy will usually also share unless otherwise stated.
0C: Hades (Legs require Hades' Fists/Cerberus (Ammo version) or Modded Cerberus. Ridiculous hitstun, not worth using unless you switch out the legs. Modded Cerberus has 932 atk, no requirements for use)
49: Perfect ZX3 (Requires Swoosherer/Swoosherer 2 (two variants: Gun/Sword. Swoosherer 2 (Both variations) has 932 atk, no requirements for use. B r o k e n.)
Edit: This thing has HORRIBLE resistances! It's weak to almost every secondary attack type save for electricity, and after equipping the whole set, it only gets +4 to its main resistances! Wonder if that's also true for Hades and Grimskull...
4B: Broken Nemesis (referred to in-game as "Dmgd. Nemesis". Claims to unlock Nemesis' normal specials, though at the beginning of the game, they do not yet unlock. More testing needed. Legs seem to function like normal LBX legs)
Edit: They do indeed unlock Nemesis' normal specials! The TG version seems like a copy of regular Nemisis as far as stats are considered, save for an odd difference: the damaged version's head has 1 less resistance to water! I wonder why? Maybe it's just because demons hate water, and this thing's supposed to be Satan? Makes sense, given its Japanese name of Lucifer, but then why not increase its fire resistance?
63: Boss!Ifrit (Has a variant that is normally obtainable, this is not the same Ifrit. Regular Ifrit has other colors and arm parts, plus normal LBX legs. Claw set LBX, requires the 110 atk "broken" Ifrit Claws/Ifrit Primal Claws. Can teleport without any influence from the player. This crashes the game unless the battle is fought in the Satern's Reactor Core, where it normally occurs. This also seems to make you immune to being targeted by the reactor's lightning, as well as allowing you to perform the attack yourself. This is worthless, since the only opponent fought on that stage is also immune to said attack.)
8C: Perfect ZX4 (Normally faced in Pro Ranking Battles. Same requirements as Perfect ZX3, the only difference is what resistances it has).
Edit: The resistances, mind you, are MUCH better. It lacks the resistances against the main attack types, but it also gets some fire resist: over 75 points over its previous amount! So if you were wondering how they chose to make the Pro Bosses harder... that would be how!
8D: Grimskull (Normally faced in Pro Ranking Battles. Same requirements as Hades, the only difference is what resistances he has. All hail Skeletor.)
8E: Boss!Ifrit Primal (Normally faced as the final boss of the Pro Ranking Battles. Same requirements as Boss!Ifrit, the only difference is what resistances it has. Has a variant that is normally obtainable, this is not the same Ifrit Primal. Regular Ifrit Primal has arm parts and normal LBX legs.
Edit: There's another thing about the Ifrit and Ifrit Primal arm parts. 1. They are a special type of weapon arm. 2. They are pitifully weak. Variants exist of both that have 233 and 923 attack power, respectively, but you can't use these because the game defaults you to the 55 power versions. This especially hurts since it pretty much makes avoiding the game crashing teleport nigh impossible.
So far, that's it. Some day I might give a more complete list of LBX ids, but for now, these are the interesting ones. HUGE shoutout to iSharingan for providing an easy way to test out different parts. If anyone has any questions, or needs me to restate something that I misspoke about, just ask. To wit, this is the easiest way to obtain any of these parts using an NTR plugin with this plugin:
(1) do a search for FFFF (the null part ID for an empty slot) within the memory values of 8871234 to 8877000. If it seems unnecessary, it's not.
(2) Buy a NG Trooper set (or any cheap LBX, such as the 1 AC Strider frames)
(3) Search again, but replace "Equal to" with "Not Equal To".
(4) You should have 5 or more results. Make "cheats" of the 5 addresses with values above 0 that just so happen to match.
You can now safely edit the ids to obtain whatever LBX you desire. The two FFs near the ID are the weapon grades. 6 spaces away from the ID is the grade of the LBX, or at least, I believe it is. This method also came from iSharingan, but I simply modified it based on what they told me. Anyhow, happy battling!

RegalSwordsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATES:
Boss Ifrit: Lightning attack called by the player attacks allies, damage is based on gun part's damage. Locks up if there are no targets.
Items: Can't be used, locks LBX into running animation.
Boss Weapons: They add to a different type of weapon experience that resembles an LBX's head. From minor testing at the beginning of the game, leveling it up unlocks all EX attack routines (From Nemisis' skills to Asgard Airstrike, even includes Boss exclusive routines). On a completed save file that already completed New Game +, game refused to add routines. More testing needed.

Reactions: lbxgamer99

lbxgamer99

Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
Hello, someone knows how to put these codes. I have installed bootntrselector but there is no way to put these codes in special I am interested in the experience of the battle

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, someone knows how to put these codes. I have installed bootntrselector but there is no way to put these codes in special I am interested in the experience of the battle
I'll be releasing a plugin once I nail down the address for Navarro points. Having a little trouble as no one in my area plays, thus I can't alter the value naturally to search for the address.
SOMEONE GOT A WAY TO EDIT THE TG LEVEL?
Its possible, yes, but in some circumstances issues arise (such as increasing the grade not having weapon bias, decreasing it not removing weapons biases, part colors being specific to certain grades, etc.). 99.9999% of the time there's no reason to change the grade of a part without a ton of other changes at the same time that would make any codes to do so huge and clunky or extremely niche and impractical. You're welcome to figure out how to hex edit it for yourself in RAM, but don't expect much help with it.

Reactions: lbxgamer99

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello is the a code for obtainining specific body parts? E.g right hand with double hammer bonus or double sword bonus etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!