Launch trailer for 'Steelrising' released

steel rising.JPG

Steelrising, the Souls-like title developed by Spiders and published by Nacon set in an alternative Paris filled with automatons during the French Revolution, is now available on PC and consoles. A new trailer accompanied the launch:

Paris, 1789. The city is in the grip of terror. The Revolution has been suppressed with bloodshed by Louis XVI and his merciless mechanical army. It falls to Aegis, an engineering marvel, to take on the king's ranks of automatons and change the course of history.

Engage in ruthless and intense fights against technological marvels that are as complex as they are unforgiving. Your nerves and skills will be tested to their limits at every moment spent battling these relentless enemies and epic bosses.

Delve into an enthralling alternate history filled with formidable mechanical enemies and potential allies with questionable motives. You are the only one you can count on to untangle the knots of history and ensure the Revolution succeeds!

Key features of Steelrising include:
  • Epic battles: Faced with the king's mechanical soldiers, you must be extremely precise. Players must dodge, parry, leap and attack to make their way through Paris. Each confrontation puts nerves to the test and requires exceptional rigor, while all the bosses, gigantic implacable machines, require patience and skill.

• Each player has their own style of play: The game allows players to define their own style and improve over time. Players can choose to play as a ruthless warrior, a tough bodyguard, a deadly dancer or a virtuoso of the elemental arts. Steelrising offers players a multitude of play styles through a deep RPG system and over forty weapons with different characteristics.

• A wide variety of weapons and tools: Carriage, grappling hook, secret passages, detailed map to explore... Steelrising offers to rediscover an 18th century Paris plunged into darkness thanks to different means and tools at its disposal. The verticality of Paris and in-game exploration take on their full meaning once the grappling hook is unlocked. Combined with the dash, it gives access to all the secrets of the city, through eight levels that must be explored and re-explored.

• A game for everyone: In order to be entertaining for all players, from the most experienced to the most casual, Steelrising offers an Assist Mode, a tool created to give players control over several parameters and allow them to defeat a frustrating enemy. By activating it, players will not have access to certain achievements related to the game's difficulty without changing the story. This mode is available to everyone at any time during the game and can be turned on and off at will.
Steelrising is now available on PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X|S as well as on GeForce Now. Keep an eye out for our full review of the game!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Inclined to agree with this advice for all Soulslikes (not developed by FromSoft) with a price tag greater than $30. It's hard to believe how many developers take a shot at them for how difficult the formula is to get right. Roguelikes/roguelites as a genre tend to be a lot more flexible and forgiving in that regard.

Reactions: Guacaholey

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's one problem with this game and few others that came out recently or are about to come out and are in same game style. Steelrising, Thymesia, Lies of P even Elden ring. The enemies are easy, seriously easy, they're all like semi sleepy, slow, literally 1/4 of your speed, don't even have to fight them, can just pass by. Only challenge, a bit are the bosses, that's it.

I've looked gameplay videos of some people playing and we're in an era where even that easy games are actually difficult for today's players because they just rush, speed run, don't have patience to figure out an enemy or let it perform its moves, read their pattern, just go head in and want to be done and over asap.

But for an experienced player that wants to enjoy the game, explore environment, have an actual challenge i don't see it here at all unfortunately.

Reactions: Bepx

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder when the time people have run out of all single-word game titles comes. The ones we are getting these days are getting more and more contrived.
It's never gonna happen when you can mash two words together. Like you could call a WWII shooter KillHitler and it fits well enough. I'd be more concerned with how much you can protect the trademark when you make a title this way.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Inclined to agree with this advice for all Soulslikes (not developed by FromSoft) with a price tag greater than $30. It's hard to believe how many developers take a shot at them for how difficult the formula is to get right. Roguelikes/roguelites as a genre tend to be a lot more flexible and forgiving in that regard.

Add to that that critics reception has been of underwhelm. It's a shame though as it looked promising.

Reactions: Xzi

Bepx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's one problem with this game and few others that came out recently or are about to come out and are in same game style. Steelrising, Thymesia, Lies of P even Elden ring. The enemies are easy, seriously easy, they're all like semi sleepy, slow, literally 1/4 of your speed, don't even have to fight them, can just pass by. Only challenge, a bit are the bosses, that's it.

I've looked gameplay videos of some people playing and we're in an era where even that easy games are actually difficult for today's players because they just rush, speed run, don't have patience to figure out an enemy or let it perform its moves, read their pattern, just go head in and want to be done and over asap.

But for an experienced player that wants to enjoy the game, explore environment, have an actual challenge i don't see it here at all unfortunate
I can agree with this. But, also they can be too fast or overpowered. Like in ER the rune bear, wolf of radagon & wrath caller or whatever the big spider thing is called. Can’t fight those enemies if my life depended on it.

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can agree with this. But, also they can be too fast or overpowered. Like in ER the rune bear, wolf of radagon & wrath caller or whatever the big spider thing is called. Can’t fight those enemies if my life depended on it.
Oh those ER enemies are just dumb, have no idea what's the point of them, ridiculous, that's not hard hard, that you actually fight and are hard to defeat, they're just overclocked and stupid. Same as some enemies/bosses seem to have infinite stamina and just string moves one after each other, can't escape, can't block all of them as you have limited stamina. Unbalanced game at certain places.

Reactions: Bepx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass