• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Las Vegas Shooting

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait, really? Seems not just kinda stupid, but really stupid. Also Good point. Still gonna wait and see how he got the guns in the first place though, if they even release that info.
Very stupid indeed.
And yeah, lot of questions I want answered, too. I think the shooter's motive would be the prime thing we all want to know.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very stupid indeed.
And yeah, lot of questions I want answered, too. I think the shooter's motive would be the prime thing we all want to know.
Yup, definitely the main thing on everyone's mind, and something tells me we're never really going to know the exact reason why he did it. It could be anything from politics to wanting to go out with a bang, even if that includes killing a bunch of innocent bystanders.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup, definitely the main thing on everyone's mind, and something tells me we're never really going to know the exact reason why he did it. It could be anything from politics to wanting to go out with a bang, even if that includes killing a bunch of innocent bystanders.
I think you're right, as sad as that is. Doesn't seem like he telegraphed his actions anywhere and his relatives are all at a loss. I just hope there's closure.
There's a TV tuned to CNN near me and the headline reads that they found 42(!) guns between the shooter's hotel room and his home. Jeez, that's enough to arm a small militia. How does one person accrue so much firepower?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
This is really sad. The Jimmy Kimmel video, this whole thing is just really sad. I was watching videos of people screaming and panicking, people on the floor dead and people crying. Not a good feeling.

Pff...if any given country/place in the world suddenly had a Diarrhea Epidemy, ISIS would even dare to claim that as their actions. ISIS only wants you to have fear, so they will say whatever and use whichever scenario possible to give you fear.

My Comment:
That said, in USA even a fucking child can get a fucking machinegun. And honestly? Americans aren't that peaceful nor mentally stable as anyone thinks. Otherwise you wouldn't have the same exact scenario in schools all over the country.
I don't care if this offends you, but the truth is that, acquiring guns in USA is as easy as acquiring Bubble gun, I mean, Bubble Gum.
Not happy for what it happened, but C'mon, is not that hard to understand "WHY" a coward had GUNS in the first place, and "WHY" the fucking hotel didn't revised his packs or whatever he used to carry them.
And even "HOW" he had access to them in the first place.

To say Americans aren't peaceful or not mentally stable is ridiculous. The vast majority of people were helping each other at the shooting. You have people using their own t-shirts to try to stop the bleeding for people that were injured, people acting as human shields to protect their loved ones (a man died protecting his wife), people carrying injured people out of the arena, people using their trucks to drive people to the hospital. You have lines that are packed full of people donating their blood, and many people donating money.

You use one guy that killed a bunch of people, as reasoning to say Americans aren't peaceful or mentally stable, when the vast majority are peaceful and doing what they can to help. 1 guy or the very few that do school shootings, compared to the vast majority of people that aren't doing shootings, and the thousands of helpful people trying to keep each other safe and putting their lives at risk for others. You have more people putting their lives at risk then doing shootings. It seems the vast Americans are the opposite of mental instability. You're completely ignoring the good for a thought process that has nothing to do with reality.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Pff...if any given country/place in the world suddenly had a Diarrhea Epidemy, ISIS would even dare to claim that as their actions. ISIS only wants you to have fear, so they will say whatever and use whichever scenario possible to give you fear.

My Comment:
That said, in USA even a fucking child can get a fucking machinegun. And honestly? Americans aren't that peaceful nor mentally stable as anyone thinks. Otherwise you wouldn't have the same exact scenario in schools all over the country.
I don't care if this offends you, but the truth is that, acquiring guns in USA is as easy as acquiring Bubble gun, I mean, Bubble Gum.
Not happy for what it happened, but C'mon, is not that hard to understand "WHY" a coward had GUNS in the first place, and "WHY" the fucking hotel didn't revised his packs or whatever he used to carry them.
And even "HOW" he had access to them in the first place.
Ignorance is common place in this world. You, unfortunately, are no better. You're not right. You're generalizing a nation. For who knows why.. You're talking down on everyone else for the actions of so few. Threads like these should be locked almost immediately. They always spawn controversial "debates" and have someone shit talking a country as a whole or its people... It's pathetic.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Ignorance is common place in this world. You, unfortunately, are no better. You're not right. You're generalizing a nation. For who knows why.. You're talking down on everyone else for the actions of so few. Threads like these should be locked almost immediately. They always spawn controversial "debates" and have someone shit talking a country as a whole.
I don't think this thread should be shut down regardless of how unfounded their shit talking is. Its better to let these open and show how their reasonsing doesn't make sense.

Last edited by SG854,

rileysrjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignorance is common place in this world. You, unfortunately, are no better. You're not right. You're generalizing a nation. For who knows why.. You're talking down on everyone else for the actions of so few. Threads like these should be locked almost immediately. They always spawn controversial "debates" and have someone shit talking a country as a whole.
Yup, there's a lot of generalization on the temp, dare I say it's one of the temps worst diseases/ problems atm? I've seen it with religion, certain viewpoints, and politics way too many times on here. Most people that do say crap about a certain country don't even belong to that country.

Reactions: Kioku
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you explain that analogy for me?...
The guy you responded to put it better than I would.
Well I get that much, but in the case of more restrictive laws it would be like you removed the teeth and claws of the lion, which cripples most methods of harm...
Now think about the Lion's quality of life.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this thread should be shut down regardless of how unfounded their shit talking is. Its better to let these open and show how their reasonsing doesn't make sense.
This isn't the thread for broken debate or ignorant hate speech. People died.. Needlessly... At the hands of a selfish dick who decided to play God for a short period of time.

Last edited by Kioku,

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What?
Funny how my comment's been there for more than, wha, 7 hours. And now everyone notices it.
Ha, may your god bless your country, you're all such an amazing nation.
/s

And as I said, don't care, the truth is that anyone can have guns there.
You can keep your patriotism ^_^
PS: I hate everyone. If you're feeling special just for being Americans, then you just proved my point.

Incoming ban in 3...2...1...

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup, there's a lot of generalization on the temp, dare I say it's one of the temps worst diseases/ problems atm? I've seen it with religion, certain viewpoints, and politics way too many times on here. Most people that do say crap about a certain country don't even belong to that country.
Not exclusive to the Temp. Happens everywhere. And there's plenty of people who don't generalize, so I guess you could say you're generalizing the Temp :P

rileysrjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exclusive to the Temp. Happens everywhere. And there's plenty of people who don't generalize, so I guess you could say you're generalizing the Temp :P
You got me good. :P
But yeah, some people here don't generalize and I've had some pretty good conversations with them, but some others (occasionally including myself:P) do generalize and act like turds.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy you responded to put it better than I would.

Now think about the Lion's quality of life.
Are you saying that inherintly aggressive people require weaponry to function properly in society?.......

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What? You have to be 18 to even buy a BB gun. Nice try though.
Unless you're at a buy/sell/trade, in which case it's considered a private sale and you could buy a cannon if you wanted to

Provided you live in the same state, of course. Wouldn't want to leave that "restriction" out /s

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
O.o in France they also talked about Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas shooting, and they said 52 dead with 515 injured (looked this morning)

EDIT : Now 59 dead. ISIS sais it was their attack.

So now the gunman is an American that was for ISIS. Well, what in a world we live in...

Last edited by sp3off, , Reason: y, y, tell me that it's human nature y

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.o in France they also talked about Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas shooting, and they said 52 dead with 515 injured (looked this morning)

EDIT : Now 59 dead. ISIS sais it was their attack.

So now the gunman is an American that was for ISIS. Well, what in a world we live in...

The FBI or whoever stated he wasn't affiliated with any terrorist group, ISIS is just lying for boastful purposes. Anyways, I really liked this monologue by Colbert about this.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys don't seem to understand the fact that anyone can turn to anything at any time. I could have a gun for 15 years and not have a drip of crime on my record, and go to my local supermarket and start shooting. Just because you don't have a criminal record doesn't mean your good, but it doesn't mean your bad, either. Laws and rules are followed as long as the government is feared, see how North Korea does it? There will always be bad people on this Earth, so I ask you, GBATemp community, to come with me to Mars :rofl2:. But seriously, doesn't matter the country, the background, the personality, the color, we are all kind and we are all evil. If anyone is given too much power they will abuse it. If anyone is given too much money they will want more. However, understand this. Things can't exist without their opposites. Inside wouldn't exist without outside. Cold wouldn't exist without heat. Happiness couldn't exist without sadness. If you were never sad you would never truly be happy. You would become bored. You wouldn't know what it would feel like to have less. You would take everything and become a snobby, obnoxious, jerk-face 5 year old. This is why events like this happen. To remind us of what it is truly like to lose something, especially human lives. We can never get them back. They're gone forever. I don't want to depress everyone but this is something you can't lie about. This is a time for us Tempers to come together and think of what we have and what we can lose. Hope you guys learned something from this extremely long post. FYI, hotels like that don't have metal detectors, so anyone can bring anything inside. Important hotels do. This shooting was exactly like the killing of John F. Kennedy. A gunman shot 2 bullets from a tall building and killed JFK. He was arrested and shot and killed by another man the same way during a prison transfer. Also, ISIS claims responsibilty for every unexplainable shooting to strike fear into people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay