pokefan4264

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ray832 said:
In my oppinion Ventrix , the main things that stop people from finishing projects like this, is people like you telling them they never will. Honestly, what do you gain from slamming the person who actually gives enough of a damn to at least try something?

+1!

Ventrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokefan4264 said:
ray832 said:
In my oppinion Ventrix , the main things that stop people from finishing projects like this, is people like you telling them they never will. Honestly, what do you gain from slamming the person who actually gives enough of a damn to at least try something?

+1!

I never slammed him. I just put down the facts.

pokefan4264

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ventrix said:
pokefan4264 said:
ray832 said:

+1!

Let the guy try. At least he is trying to come up with a solution for everyone who wants to play the game. Even if it doesn't work at least he is trying to do something.........
lecture.gif

Ventrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokefan4264 said:
Ventrix said:
pokefan4264 said:
ray832 said:

+1!

Let the guy try. At least he is trying to come up with a solution for everyone who wants to play the game. Even if it doesn't work at least he is trying to do something.........
lecture.gif

but it's not the solution and he will realize it. I was doing this since the minute the rom came out, and i know what i am doing. it's not drag and drop you have to fix so many things. I am not trying to bash the guy in anyway, if he can pull it off than thats awesome. Please new people don't flame me, i know what i am saying.

michizcool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Btw ive had a go at this myslef but with just chopping over files from the english to the jap and i narrowed it down to only one file that wont transfer because once I replaced the japanese one with this one the rom would not start but I think the way your going about it is better than the way i did
smile.gif
anyways the point of my post is i know the exact location of the file which once transfered gives you a english logo at the start, interested ?

pokefan4264

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ventrix said:
pokefan4264 said:
Ventrix said:
pokefan4264 said:
ray832 said:

+1!

lecture.gif

but it's not the solution and he will realize it. I was doing this since the minute the rom came out, and i know what i am doing. it's not drag and drop you have to fix so many things. I am not trying to bash the guy in anyway, if he can pull it off than thats awesome. Please new people don't flame me, i know what i am saying.
kwl kwl sorry if i was flaming you... i just really want a patch!
cry.gif

Ryqib12

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please people don't overflood the topic or else it will be closed peops!

Posts merged

Noimus said:
SMARTEST IDEA EVER!
dude do it. get EVERYTHING from the HG/SS english and put it on the Japanese one. Please please please!
I'm srry but I'm doing it right now
rolleyes.gif
please have patience for the patch!

Posts merged
Noimus said:

QUOTE(michizcool @ Mar 19 2010, 09:52 PM) Btw ive had a go at this myslef but with just chopping over files from the english to the jap and i narrowed it down to only one file that wont transfer because once I replaced the japanese one with this one the rom would not start but I think the way your going about it is better than the way i did
smile.gif
anyways the point of my post is i know the exact location of the file which once transfered gives you a english logo at the start, interested ?
Please do upload the file, I would realy apriciat that
rolleyes.gif

Ryqib12

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ZeWarrior said:
Weredawg said:
Deathgaze97 said:
Nice...But one question: Is it possible to transfer HG US saves to JP one and vice versa?

It should be as easy as changing the (U) in the save's filename to (J) if you're using the same person's dump. The save and rom both have to match up. I don't know if there will be any other issues.

And also the release # (like for SoulSilver change 4160 to 4749).
yes peops you're right the save file WILL be able to be transfered from JP to USA!

Kroatien99

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Some peoples have already tried it.
I don't know did they finish with that but good luck with translation.

alykhan786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of quick questions...

Will the release tomorrow have everything translated? Why will there need to be more than 1 version?

Also, when going on Nintendo WFC, will the region be set to J meaning you will only be able to face people in the J region randomly?

Thanks alot

spoon123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny you mention this, as I was just considering trying this myself after giving up with the English ROM. Because I'm borrowing my friend's old R4 (I'll probably just get an acekard sometime in the future), HG (U) doesn't work. I just patched my (J) ROM minus the dialogs : (, so it's mostly playable. A full 100% translation would be extremely nice, however, as it's kind of annoying having all of the dialogs and a few aspects of the interfaces that are still in Japanese (which I can't read -.-). Good luck, and let me know if you need any help testing/doing other stuff, as I am fairly knowledgeable in this subject area.

Kingkiron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ventrix said:
Why don't you just take the already translated jpn rom? lol

this idea is bad and you won't ever be able to finish it, sorry it's the truth. Just wait for the ap fix.

You don't seem to understand what hes doing. Hes not translating it. He taking the dialog files from the english version of the game and putting those as the dialog files from the japanese version of the game. Not impossible at all as translating every line of dialog.

EriitoOokami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you should have gotten an already translated version with the pokemons names edited and worked on changing the text files for that....

D

Deleted-247497

haha great idea, ya know last night before i went to bed i was like..."I bet theres a language patch for the japanese version" lol i was gonna find it thanks for doin this!

Ryqib12

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
EriitoOokami said:
you should have gotten an already translated version with the pokemons names edited and worked on changing the text files for that....
If I would do that, it wouldn't be official and then I would be competing with Nintendo and I will not do that (even though I'm doing it now
smile.gif

Grifstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also kinda suggested(well, more like brought it up) this in one of the threads awhile ago too, but it probably got buried and forgotten.

... Oh well. :|

At least somebody is doing this! =D

pokefan4264

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alykhan786 said:
A couple of quick questions...

Will the release tomorrow have everything translated? Why will there need to be more than 1 version?

Also, when going on Nintendo WFC, will the region be set to J meaning you will only be able to face people in the J region randomly?

Thanks alot
can you answer this please? thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo,