L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

switchroot.png

L4T Ubuntu
Intro
L4T Ubuntu is a version of Linux based on nvidia's linux for tegra project. It uses a different kernel compared to previous releases which allows it to use features not yet in mainline. Such as audio, docking support and vulkan.

Join our discord: https://discord.gg/53mtKYt

We have a wiki !
To facilitate our work we will only update our wiki from now on in order to avoid multiple outdated references, please refer to the following link instead of this page

https://wiki.switchroot.org/en/Linux/Ubuntu-Install-Guide

Credits

Bylaws,
Langerhans,
Ave,
Natinusala,
CTCaer(most of the hard stuff),
Gavin_Darkglider,
DanielOgorchock(Joycon drivers/joycond),
stary2001 (reboot2payload),
NVIDIA,
Azkali
Everyone else in switchroot - more info on that in the future.

Last edited by azkali,

trohn_javolta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Does UI not responding fixed yet? I got this problem from the 1.0 and 1.1. When this happened Bluetooth mouse can automatically connect and I can move mouse pointer around but UI can not interactions at all.

Ok, I think I have the same problem. But using joycons as mouse it works.

ottemo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So just to be sure, you did delete the boot folder and boot.scr file, right?
I'm not sure if it was originally under the 1.2 edit, but it caught my eye this morning and I'm about to check if it worked now.

What sd cards are you using by the way? The Samsung EVO 64gb doesn't seem to work, at least for me.

Yes, I deleted the boot folder and boot.scr.

I use this SD cards:
IMG_20190513_100556.jpg
IMG_20190513_100616.jpg

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, I deleted the boot folder and boot.scr.

I use this SD cards:View attachment 166807 View attachment 166808

I use that same Intenso class 10 card in a 16gb variant and it works for me. Albeit it being very slow performance wise.
Download sd card formatter and format your card first.
then download Balenaetcher and flash the card that way. THEN simply copy and paste the patch into the already existing root directory of the fat32 partition.

Last edited by soratheultima,

GibboHull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Strangely i can't seem to resize my parition in linux ater upgrading to 1.2, i've just done a fresh install and that's usually part of my initial setup. I've got errors when doing it the last 3 times and then L4T fails to boot after doing it each time.

Is this a known bug? searched for it in the thread but couldn't find anything. After resizing it says I have no space left also.

Still getting this even after switching SD card.

Error is "Error resizing filesystem on /dev/mmcblk0p2: Process recorded exit code 1:resize2fs 1.44.1
resize2fs: Permission denied to resize filesystem (udsisks-error-quark, 0)

EDIT: Problem does not persist in 1.1 - could possible be one of the changes made to help with SD card issues is messing with the partitions resizing?

Last edited by GibboHull,

Drban789

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just a few question.

What is the risk of running ubuntu. I heard about previous versions had a high risk of screen burn.

If i run ubuntu do i need to keep the switch always in sleep mode after use and use a payload to boot up ubuntu if it turns off.

Finally, is running ubuntu forcing the switch to overclock at all times or when running things specifically. I just wanted to use ubuntu to watch youtube and anime and stuff maybe play some web browser games. How bad is the battery drain?

Is there any way to play andriod games via emulator on ubuntu?

If anyone can answer these questions i would appreciate it.

ottemo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use that same Intenso class 10 card in a 16gb variant and it works for me. Albeit it being very slow performance wise.
Download samsung sd card formatter and format your card first.
then download Balenaetcher and flash the card that way. THEN simply copy and paste the patch into the already existing root directory of the fat32 partition.

Could you please post a link to the Samsung SD card formatter software?
I can't find it on Google..

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
ZachyCatGames
Thank you for your kind answer!..

2all
Btw, is there any way to display mouse cursor all the time, even in portable? It disappear in handheld mode, but need the cursor for some of my games. (:

Last edited by mathew77,

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Dear guys, can you please give me the cue how to make mouse cursor visible in handheld mode? Any program/direction/solution/path? Please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...