Kotaku unknowingly advertising flash carts?

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
personuser said:
this one shows the cards better (from their site too):

nintendo3ds-travelcase-gear-lg.jpg
I can see that the flashcart is shopped.
So they probably don't have the flashcart but they still advertise it...
It's not though. On the one picture, you can clearly see the microSD card slot.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
again, as pointed out, these pictures are from waterfield and kotaku just uploaded them to their own servers and put them up
I understood that. I was asking why they didn't take pictures of their own equipment instead. No doubt it will turn out to be an irrelevant point, though. There's a possibility that the poster was in a rush and didn't check the "offensive" pictures thoroughly.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Terminator02 said:
again, as pointed out, these pictures are from waterfield and kotaku just uploaded them to their own servers and put them up
I understood that. I was asking why they didn't take pictures of their own equipment instead. No doubt it will turn out to be an irrelevant point, though. There's a possibility that the poster was in a rush and didn't check the "offensive" pictures thoroughly.
maybe because they dont have said equipment? yeah its a big named video game blog but your stupid to assume they get every single piece of equipment for free. The author was just saying "hey check these out. they look pretty cool." Why everyone is freaking out about this idk.

G

GentleFist

ShinyLatios said:
ShinyLatios does not approve of advertising crappy flashcards... they should've advertised AK2i/SCDS2 instead

when the m3r came out it was the best cart and mine works perfectly up to this day...
the only one that could compete was the original r4 and well...

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Terminator02 said:
maybe because they dont have said equipment? yeah its a big named video game blog but your stupid to assume they get every single piece of equipment for free. The author was just saying "hey check these out. they look pretty cool." Why everyone is freaking out about this idk.
I agree that it's wrong to assume that they get every piece of equipment for free. I didn't mean to make such a blanket statement. I was referring to "review copies"; game consoles and certain games in terms of "equipment", which Kotaku does receive for free, and ahead of everybody else. I don't think my error was egregious enough so that I should be dubbed as "stupid," though.

Edit: Or what _Chaz_ said below me.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Terminator02 said:

Of course they have the equipment. They're a news site, you'd be crazy not to assume they've taken pictures for their articles before. And someone from the site has to have used the product, otherwise they wouldn't recommend it.

Why everyone's freaking out:
Kotaku does not endorse flash carts and does not support them in the least.
The fact that a picture clearly depicting a flash cart made it into one of their articles is a big faux pas on their part.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't be the first time.

About 2 years ago I saw a flash card in a case in a bundle in a Gamestop advertisement.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
since you people are so obsessed with this topic, here a video for it, and to also remove any doubt of photoshopping. and as mentioned, this has nothing to do with kotaku, but the waterfield company that makes a bunch of cases for everything thats out there

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well at least we know who's been the ones supporting the M3 Cards
EDIT: That's not even close to being hidden. Hell the M3 Real can't even run on the 3DS, silly Kotaku.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol