Visit site
XP
Country
[KORG DS-10 PLUS]
http://www.aqi.co.jp/product/ds10/
http://www.korgds10synthesizer.com/

[KORG DS-10 PLUS PV]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxlCmFg2fS4

Fans of the Nintendo DS may have been immune to the siren song of Nintendo’s tweaked DSi model. Unfortunately, I have a feeling a bunch of you are about to upgrade your handheld game system. Why? Because the folks at AQ Interactive are doing an upgraded version of the DS-10 software synth for the game platform, now on the DSi.

New in this version:

* Twice the analog synths (4 of them, instead of 2)
* Twice the drum machines (8 instead of 4)
* Twice the tracks (12 instead of 6)
* Expanded song mode: programmable track mute, realtime editing (that is, edit parameters inside the song mode

moogle.gif
wow!!

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man, that looks fantastic! It's a shame that the option to double the synths, drum machines, and tracks is only on the DSi, though!

Still, being able to edit parameters in song mode was something the original needed.

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
More patterns needed! Will it have more?

Might have to get a DSi now, damn you!!!

I suppose the DS lite can be my GBA, since I never had one.

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
concealed identity said:
Man, that looks fantastic! It's a shame that the option to double the synths, drum machines, and tracks is only on the DSi, though!

this would only be due to the extra ram would it not? maybe it can be patched to use the ram expansion..

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This isn't the only game getting the DSi treatment, Dragon Quest IX has some options, and Idolmaster: Dearly Stars will have DSi enhancements.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
This isn't the only game getting the DSi treatment, Dragon Quest IX has some options, and Idolmaster: Dearly Stars will have DSi enhancements.
hmm, I should actually make a topic about this, but since you mentioned it: does anybody know for the DSi enhanced games, if you use the rom and play the game on a flashcart using the DSi, are the DSi only stuff unlocked? or does it still get treated as a regular DS due to the flashcart.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kennypu said:
Hop2089 said:
hmm, I should actually make a topic about this, but since you mentioned it: does anybody know for the DSi enhanced games, if you use the rom and play the game on a flashcart using the DSi, are the DSi only stuff unlocked? or does it still get treated as a regular DS due to the flashcart.

Theoretically that would be a no due to DSi's security unless it's cracked and firmware for flashcarts are available. Those enhancements may be region locked since they are using the DSi hardware, so there's a high chance that you may not be able to use them on a US or Europe DSi, however I'm not sure about this but it's a high chance with these types of games and the fact that all games with the enhancements are Japan only.

If anyone is getting Korg DS-10 and/or Idolmaster: Dearly Stars and owns a US or European DSi, you will need to test this immediately after launch.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
kennypu said:
Hop2089 said:

Theoretically that would be a no due to DSi's security unless it's cracked and firmware for flashcarts are available. Those enhancements may be region locked since they are using the DSi hardware, so there's a high chance that you may not be able to use them on a US or Europe DSi, however I'm not sure about this but it's a high chance with these types of games and the fact that all games with the enhancements are Japan only.

If anyone is getting Korg DS-10 and/or Idolmaster: Dearly Stars and owns a US or European DSi, you will need to test this immediately after launch.
I have a japanese DSi so I can test that. I would test with DQIX, but my gf has my DSi right now T_T

sherm sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blainy said:
this would only be due to the extra ram would it not? maybe it can be patched to use the ram expansion..

this is what im hoping/thinking...would be awesome....guess we'll just havta wait and see when it comes out. hopefully someone out there will mess with this.

what makes me pessimistic about this is that the dsi has a faster processor as well as more ram....(im not sure exactly how much ram the expansion pak adds) some sites say it adds 8mb which would still be short of the 16mb the dsi has.

alberto75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody, I just bought a Dsi system in France (the Usa flag in my profile is a setting mistake i did) and got the korg ds plus extension by the post after having checked it on ebay (japan seller) ...
I'm sad, it doesn't work. Now you can have confirmation that the compatibility between korg ds plus and non-japanese dsi systems are region locked.
Disappointed ! So sad !
Then... take care !

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
alberto75 said:
Hello everybody, I just bought a Dsi system in France (the Usa flag in my profile is a setting mistake i did) and got the korg ds plus extension by the post after having checked it on ebay (japan seller) ...
I'm sad, it doesn't work. Now you can have confirmation that the compatibility between korg ds plus and non-japanese dsi systems are region locked.
Disappointed ! So sad !
Then... take care !
Umm, everyone already knew that. DSi and Wii are region locked.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mhm, the DSi is region locked but the original DS and DSLite are not. It's been known for a while. DSiWare is one reason and possible some others reasons like piracy.. i dunno
tongue.gif
KORG DS-10 PLUS would have been ripped and out but for some reason it messes up on all flashcarts from the few sites i've read. There most be something specific to the code that prevents the normal boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny