Hacking Know what we need? A Wii "Virtual Machine"

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
The way I understand it is, bootmii lets you backup your whole system, menu and everything, I think preloader does this too but I'm not sure.

Now that backup could be used with the PC Emulator/Virtual Machine so people could test how certain things would work on their setup without actually putting their systems at risk.
This emulator shouldn't be running games, just be a fully functional system menu, ios's and everything, basically the user makes an image of their Wii's internal memory and mounts that image to the emulator/VM in a form of an ISO and tests things without actually putting their system at risk, it could also be useful for more knowledgeable people to fix other people's systems if it's a software problem and something that could be fixed but requires more advanced knowledge of things.

Think VMWare but for the Wii

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well... wasn't the dolphin emulator already able to run the system menu and load iso's of games and dols and stuff? Pretty close to what you're looking for...

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gitkua said:
Well... wasn't the dolphin emulator already able to run the system menu and load iso's of games and dols and stuff? Pretty close to what you're looking for...
Yes the only thing that doesn't work is emulating the SD card slot which the haven't done but it plays some wii games right also has support so you can use your wiimote.

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gitkua said:

in real dolphin does not emulate the systemmenu, it emulates the apploader of systemmenu,
so no support for the NAND stuff actually.

it's possible to test systemmenu hacks (visually and memory hacks) but that's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...