Gaming Kirby And The Rainbow Curse, Likely to be $40 USD

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Considering that Wiimote doesn't have an internal battery like the GamePad does and I'd have to rely on double AA batteries I wouldn't be one to root for the Wiimote, personally.

I remember that the GamePad has shit audio quality so to play Kirby and hear its music I'll always turn on the TV even though I'll probably never look at it. I'm pretty confident when or if Amazon has it for pre-order about £24.99 that it'll sell pretty quickly (just like it was the case for Captain Toad).

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that Wiimote doesn't have an internal battery like the GamePad does and I'd have to rely on double AA batteries I wouldn't be one to root for the Wiimote, personally.

Real wiimote users have rechargeable batteries. I keep 4 wiimotes on the charging dock at any given time, and use one wiimote to play game, and another wiimote next to me when the battery goes dead in the one I'm using. That's six wiimotes, I still can't figure out where that seventh wiimote went to, maybe it fell in the crack of the sofa and got lost.

Reactions: yuyuyup

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Real wiimote users have rechargeable batteries. I keep 4 wiimotes on the charging dock at any given time, and use one wiimote to play game, and another wiimote next to me when the battery goes dead in the one I'm using. That's six wiimotes, I still can't figure out where that seventh wiimote went to, maybe it fell in the crack of the sofa and got lost.

I never really liked the Wiimote too much and given that Wii games had compatibility with the GameCube controller then you see the all more reason why I'm not such a fan of it.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I didn't originally set out to buy so many wiimotes. It all started with Guitar Hero, at least 4 wiimotes were needed for all four players. So my first four wiimotes were white. Then I started to get some colored wiimotes, and ones with wiimotion plus. I bought wii party and wii party U, bought a second wii. Then I realized I have a lot of wiimotes. Maybe I have 8 wiimotes. :blink:

Reactions: yuyuyup

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
More footage:

It seems there are 28 levels in the game and 40 challenges, with lots of unlockables (trophies and music). You can also use the Kirby amiibo to power up, or Meta Knight and Dedede amiibos for special costumes. It looks like a strictly Wii U GamePad only game, with no hints to other forms of play outside multiplayer where other players control Waddle Dees. (Please correct me where I'm wrong as I don't speak Japanese.)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
More footage:

It seems there are 28 levels in the game and 40 challenges, with lots of unlockables (trophies and music). You can also use the Kirby amiibo to power up, or Meta Knight and Dedede amiibos for special costumes. It looks like a strictly Wii U GamePad only game, with no hints to other forms of play outside multiplayer where other players control Waddle Dees. (Please correct me where I'm wrong as I don't speak Japanese.)

Wait.. 28 levels only? :O

They better be infinitely replayable.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It looks fun, though even for a $40 game the amount of content seems very limited. Considering Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker has 64 main story levels and 18 extra/bonus stages for a total of 82 stages, I don't know how I feel about just 28 main story levels in Kirby and the Rainbow Course/Paintbrush. From the trailer it also seems that the challenge levels are small and quick bits, not so much true levels. So if we discard those and discard all the extra content in Treasure Tracker (even the Super Mario 3D World stages), that leaves us with 64 vs. 28 main story levels. Ouch.

I may get this game when it's on discount.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
LOL the Japanese trailer makes it seem like we should be wowed that the game has (only) 28 stages in total and 40 challenges additionally. This doesn't really feel like it should be a retail game, more so like an eShop game.

It looks fun, though even for a $40 game the amount of content seems very limited. Considering Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker has 64 main story levels and 18 extra/bonus stages for a total of 82 stages, I don't know how I feel about just 28 main story levels in Kirby and the Rainbow Course/Paintbrush. From the trailer it also seems that the challenge levels are small and quick bits, not so much true levels. So if we discard those and discard all the extra content in Treasure Tracker (even the Super Mario 3D World stages), that leaves us with 64 vs. 28 main story levels. Ouch.

I may get this game when it's on discount.

Doesn't Captain Toad have 70 levels and with the Mario 3D World gamesave it gives a bonus of 18 stages plus so that's 88 whereas Kirby has 28. Ouch.

I'm starting to think I won't bother getting this day one then.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Doesn't Captain Toad have 70 levels and with the Mario 3D World gamesave it gives a bonus of 18 stages plus so that's 88 whereas Kirby has 28. Ouch.
Actually...

Book 1: 18 Levels
Book 2: 18 Levels
Book 3: 28 Levels
Bonus Book:
- 4 Super Mario 3D World Levels
- 4 Toad Brigade Levels
- 3 Mummy Levels
- 3 Prologue Levels
- 1 Maze Level
- 3 Coin Galore Levels

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Actually...

Book 1: 18 Levels
Book 2: 18 Levels
Book 3: 28 Levels
Bonus Book:
- 4 Super Mario 3D World Levels
- 4 Toad Brigade Levels
- 3 Mummy Levels
- 3 Prologue Levels
- 1 Maze Level
- 3 Coin Galore Levels

Oh bummer, the game's actually smaller but in an overall there's 88 stages to play so that's not too bad.

Kirby's Rainbow Curse only has 28 stages so Nintendo and retailers better not try to sell this game for too high or they won't sell that many copies.

Interesting bit about this game, are the different titles.

Japan: Touch! Kirby Super Rainbow
Europe: Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush
America: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

I think I prefer the American title for now since that's what I've been calling it so far but there's really no need for the game to have a different title in EU/US considering they're both English.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Oh bummer, the game's actually smaller but in an overall there's 88 stages to play so that's not too bad.
I think your math needs a bit of adjustment:

18+18+28+4+4+3+3+1+3 = 82 :)

Interesting bit about this game, are the different titles.
I touched on that a bit...
I'm honestly surprised Triple Deluxe didn't come to the Wii U and this game to the 3DS, considering it's a sequel to Canvas Curse / Power Paintbrush / Touch! Kirby... (And those names are awful.)
It's possible that, at the time, "Canvas Curse" was not tame enough for PEGI to rate as 3+, so it was changed to have a ring to it: Power Paintbrush. I like that name more than the others, actually... And since this is a sequel, they were stuck with the "Curse" vs. "Paintbrush" differentiation. I still think those are better than "Touch! Kirby", but that name suits the Japanese market probably so I don't mind it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Which is correct, since you can unlock everything in the game with or without the Super Mario 3D World save file. You just get the Bonus levels earlier if you have a SM3DW save. :)

Oh really? That's pretty cool that it doesn't lock the levels as some sort of a "DLC" like Sega did for Sonic Boom on 3DS to Wii U (if the player has the 3DS version then he/she can unlock the feature to acquire more rings).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.