kids formatted system memory

ajir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately kids have formatted the system memory by mistake and know all the games and icons are gone, however all the data on the micro SD card is untouched.

Is there anyway I can get all the games to show back on the home screen without redownloading everything back.

i have attached tree list of all the files and folders on the micro SD card.

thank you.

Attachments

• tree.txt
    83.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Sad
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
You lost everything, every thing installed is encrypted, I am not sure if you create a new encrypted folder and copy all data to the new folder and using custom install to add the tittle could make games to work, I do not know what it does, but I think you must install everything again
Captura de pantalla (37).png

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not happening unless you have the movable.sed associated with that data.
There are multiple ways of trying to get that file again. What I don't know is, if the 3DS actually makes the data on SD unusable (overwriting parts). Will try later.

Getting the old key:
  • CTRTransfer Type D9 - search KeyY
  • Part of previous NAND backup
  • Maybe the embedded essentials backup (depends on situation)

ajir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thank you for all your replies and info, how can I check if the movable.sed is associated with the data.

I found movable.sed in the CTR NAND inside private folder.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do have cfw installed? And Is the home menu just empty? Pop the sd card into your computer, and see if there's 2 long character folders inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder in the root of the sdcard, if so, you can try moving the one with less space (check properties) to another place just for now and keep the other one there, and plug it in the 3DS and boot it again. Not sure if it'll work but it's worth a try i guess.

ajir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, yes I have cfw installed. On the home menu there is only fbi app which I installed recently.

I have moved one of the long characters folders inside the 3DS folder, and know the home screen has stock apps only and my installed fbi app is gone and there is another newly created long character folder inside 3DS folder.

I have deleted the newly created long character folder and moved back the old folder and know fbi app is back.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, yes I have cfw installed. On the home menu there is only fbi app which I installed recently.

I have moved one of the long characters folders inside the 3DS folder, and know the home screen has stock apps only and my installed fbi app is gone and there is another newly created long character folder inside 3DS folder.

I have deleted the newly created long character folder and moved back the old folder and know fbi app is back.
So unfortunately the old one that contains all your games/saves was removed when the system was formatted... And now you have to re-download your games (if you don't have them saved on the cias folder) and install them all again. you can't recover saves either since that folder was removed..
Re-do these steps here.
I would suggest removing both folders and starting from scratch, just insert it back it will create a new in the home menu, then install homebrew, FBI etc.

Reactions: TalentX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY