Hardware Keitsukeity install closeups?

Unessential

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I recently asked a friend who was going to japan to help me get a capture card installed from keitsukeity. Unfortunately, due to a packed schedule he forgot to do it and I decided to order used from a relatively local source from ebay.

I'm confident in my soldering skills however as I go through this page:
http://video-capture.wikidot.com/nisetoro:assembling-3ds

It doesn't provide enough detail for me. (Images are too small, no closeups, no pinout information)

And yes, I am installing on an original 3DS.

My main problem is that
1. I don't know whether I have the new or old flexible cable which includes the audio and power lines, and
2. If i have the old cable, I can't see clearly which joints to run wires from and to.

Can someone with a keitsukeity install be willing to take a high resolution closeup of it please?

Finally, If i have the old cable, Can I just skip the audio lines if I just plan to capture audio by running a line cable through the audio jack to the computer anyway?

Unessential

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After going through it again, I realize now that the first image is the new (which I have) and the second image is the old flex cable. I also noticed that the instructions didn't make much sense because there was more test to the right (need to scroll). And the two joints there are easy to identify unlike the bottom image, As well, from the layout of the flexcable it is obvious which of the joints is 1.8v and ground (and not too hard to test with a multimeter even if it wasn't). so at least for me, with the newer version of the flex cable It is clear.

Although for interest sake, It would still be nice if someone can identify the joints used in the second image for maybe future experimentation with audio, Also power is being drawn from a different spot.

Also, he refers to the wires as both "voice" and "sound" terminal, is this just japangrish? It's just audio right?

Last edited by Unessential,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.