Gaming K101 up for preorder!

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pyromaniac123

Currently, Revo K101 is stilling being tested. We need to print the logo and design a nice package for it. It will be available at the end of this month. Please be patiently. We will email you as soon as we restock this device. Feel free to get back to us via email or PM me if you have any problem on your pre-order. We will be always sincerely to help you.

@ Another world

You did suggest us a good idea for this device. We need to talk with the manufacture before we produce the customize case/ shell for Revo K101. We need to study the market for it and the adjustment of the the way to printing logo on these new cases if we really did it. Thus, it will be a lot of work to do that. I know many people here are keen on customize your device. We will try to do this for you
The blue color Revo K101 is a prototype that we seen in the factory. It is for testing the modding. As I said, only white color will be made out for the first batch. All you bought now will be in white color. I also love other colors such as Blue, Red or even other colors. We need to test the market before we do that. Thank you very much for your understanding.

10basetom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tohodo.com
XP
Country
Senegal
ruilong, I think FluBBa and the guys over at Pocket Heaven may be open to updating SNES Advance and other emulators for the GBA to use the K1/K101 CPU to the max if you can find a way to get the K-Team to tell them how to utilize all 150 MHz in the CPU. Would that be possible? It would be so awesome to be able to play more SNES games on the K1/K101. You can find my original question to them and their reply here:

http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/boards/viewtopic.php?p=56515

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi 10basetom, I got you guys meaning. Yes, we received some emails concerning whether the SNES games on Revo K101. In fact, Revo K101 is the device that supports GBA games via hardware clone. Currently, it can not support SNES. I think it is hard to let the manufacture to add it into the current device as everything for this device is almost ready. What we did for Revo K101 is that to make is better compatibility for all GBA/ GBC/ GB games. As we know, not all retro emulator games in the market can support 100% GBA games. But Revo K101 want to get all GBA games working or to be the best one supporting GBA games.

To supports more emulator games, the manufacture may produce another device that supports GBA, NES, SNES roms in the future.

Revo K101 and K1 are just the first steps. We will bring you more great devices in the future.

Thank you for your understanding.

ewzzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ewzzy.com
XP
Country
United States
You mention that the K101 has better compatibility for GBC games. Does Pokemon Crystal run properly on it? I know that Goomba Color has always had some severe graphical glitches when playing it.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dunno The price tag that comes with this and the fact its basically trying to emulate a psp formfactor which conviently has Solid emulation options and its own library and can be had on the used market for less than this. makes me think i would rather buy a psp than a backyard doohickey.

ewzzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ewzzy.com
XP
Country
United States
I dunno The price tag that comes with this and the fact its basically trying to emulate a psp formfactor which conviently has Solid emulation options and its own library and can be had on the used market for less than this. makes me think i would rather buy a psp than a backyard doohickey.

Reasons to buy K101 over PSP:

1) Compatibility with original GBA cartridges.
2) Video out.
3) Hardware support for GBA roms and emulation support for classic roms out of the box.

As great as PSP emulation is, the "out of the box" nature of the K101 is a big thing. There is no hacking/jailbreaking and installing of emulators.

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to show you the size of K101:(it is about 145x 65x 17mm).

K101-size.jpg

Now I really want one! I just got the A330, and really like the size, but wish the screen was just a little bigger. This looks to be the perfect size.

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi 10basetom, I got you guys meaning. Yes, we received some emails concerning whether the SNES games on Revo K101. In fact, Revo K101 is the device that supports GBA games via hardware clone. Currently, it can not support SNES. I think it is hard to let the manufacture to add it into the current device as everything for this device is almost ready. What we did for Revo K101 is that to make is better compatibility for all GBA/ GBC/ GB games. As we know, not all retro emulator games in the market can support 100% GBA games. But Revo K101 want to get all GBA games working or to be the best one supporting GBA games.

To supports more emulator games, the manufacture may produce another device that supports GBA, NES, SNES roms in the future.

Revo K101 and K1 are just the first steps. We will bring you more great devices in the future.

Ruilong are you saying the revo k101 doesnt have the nes,megadrive and gamegear emulator inside? i thought share the same specs from the k1gba. please confirm it has those emulators on the revo k101

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mention that the K101 has better compatibility for GBC games. Does Pokemon Crystal run properly on it? I know that Goomba Color has always had some severe graphical glitches when playing it.
I had tested the Pokemon Crystal. It can run properly, but I do not think the picture are good enough.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ruilong are you saying the revo k101 doesnt have the nes,megadrive and gamegear emulator inside? i thought share the same specs from the k1gba. please confirm it has those emulators on the revo k101
Yes, Revo K101 has the almost the same technical specs with K1 GBA SP. Thus, it has nes,megadrive and gamegear emulator inside. You can play these rom games on Revo K101. But they are not as soon as GBA. As Revo K101 is hardware clone of GBA. Thanks for your understanding.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

the embedded emulators are custom builds of popular gba homebrew emulators. they basically remove some options that are not relative to the k1 package. in the case of the port of pocketnes, the mappers for pirated roms was included. even if these emulators were not embedded you would still be able to run them as homebrew. you can also run many gba emulators which are not included.

see here for more information on gba emulators and interpreters: http://gbatemp.net/topic/77065-slot2-emulators/

that's like comparing apples to oranges. they are completely different machines, with different user bases, with different homebrew applications, with different potential, etc.

this is a hardware solution for gba-era gamers. the fact that it runs gba homebrew emulation is a bonus. a majority of people who buy this system are going to do so because it plays gba games with modern features. if you want great emulation you would probably go with a dingoo. if you want a gba hardware solution, you'll get a k101. if you want to play around with both, you'll get both. the price of this thing is pretty cheap considering what you are getting. add up the cost of every gba game you would play on it, then every emulated game you would play, and tell me you aren't getting a great deal.

-another world

Reactions: 1 person

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks another world for reply my post ,i will read the post you give me.I purchase the preorder of the revo k101 some days ago and i m still waiting for the release and im honest i cant wait too much xD.Oh i forgot to mention the extra offer give from the reseller k1gba i picked the multi cable link instead of microsd 4gb cards.The reason of changing the offer is because i have a plenty of microsd 16gb.Sorry for write/speak in english i m not good at all.Thanks for reading me :)

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
So according to the product page, "Currently, we are making the package and print the logo for Revo k101. Your pre-order will be send out in September". Does this mean all pre orders will be shipped out by 30/09/12?

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks another world for reply my post ,i will read the post you give me.I purchase the preorder of the revo k101 some days ago and i m still waiting for the release and im honest i cant wait too much xD.Oh i forgot to mention the extra offer give from the reseller k1gba i picked the multi cable link instead of microsd 4gb cards.The reason of changing the offer is because i have a plenty of microsd 16gb.Sorry for write/speak in english i m not good at all.Thanks for reading me :)
We can offer you a free multil- link cable instead of 4GB Card if you want. Kindly PM me and tell me your order ID. I will send you the multi-link cable with the Revo K101 as soon as we restock it. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...