Hacking Just got a ps3 on 2.60 and want to install the best possible cfw. Help?

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I managed to buy a ps3 from an entertainment exchange store. I want to install cfw but really don't know how. I don't know what cfw is the best for backups and homebrew. After looking around, I discovered that I might need to give up online play to avoid bans with backups and that I might not be able to access the psn store. Neither of these are of any problem because I prefer physical copies over digital games.

I also found out that you need to have firmware 3.55 or lower; I have 2.60!! Everything else seemed very confusing regarding cfw tutorials :( My system is also a phat (I believe so).Can someone walk me through how to install cfw on this thing and the latest and best possible one please? Thank you!

Last edited by placebooooo,
D

Deleted User

Download Rebug 4.76, put on your USB stick as you would OFW, remove discs/disconnect internet, and update straight from XMB.

Reactions: placebooooo

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly sure about OFWs under 3.41
To be sure, I would tell you to update to 3.55 OFW first using an update PUP (I think my guide had a DL link to it somewhere, I forgot)
Edit: The link died.

Before you update. Do some precautonary measures to avoid accidental goofs.
Remove game discs. They all contain an OFW update on them.
Turn Automatic Updating Off, seriously.
Finally turn off your Wifi.

Get the OFW 3.55 PUP and rename it to UPDAT.PUP and put it on USB:\\PS3\UPDATE (make the folders if necessary)
Go to Settings and do System Update. When you update, choose Update via Storage Media.

When doing CFW, same thing as above. Delete the OFW PUP and get your CFW one, rename to PS3UPDAT.PUP and place at same location.
Do the same update procedure.

For CFW, I recommend REBUG CFW.

Reactions: placebooooo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ