Hacking JTAG Bad flash

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
so long story short i was lazy and screwed up...

i have/had a xenon jtag running freeboot on dash 15574 but no dvd drive - i ripped a dvd drive from a broken 360 i had and chucked it in there and obviously it didn't work...
so i tried to install rglauncher (because that lets you use an unpaired dvd drive, right?)
so anyway... ran rgbuilder 0v305 with options as Hack: JTAG, Version: 15574 and using my current nand dumped via flash360
flashed the .bin it spat out to be greeted by a blank screen on boot

no worries right? that image included xell reloaded... i'll boot into that and reflash my working image...

so when booting into xell i get two possible screens:
this one i get when i use one of my usb drives with updflash.bin on it:
gallery_109574_238_138116.jpg
i guess it doesn't like that usb...
maybe i'll try putting "updflash.bin" on another usb... or putting the file on a dvd...?
gallery_109574_238_7429.jpg
okay, so i guess it gets stuck at this screen unless it's busy crashing because it doesn't like the other usb i have?

anyone have any suggestions what i can do or am i going to either have to buy a usb flasher or find a pc with a parallel port? :(

(tbh i wouldn't care too much as i have just located a jasper that i plan to rgh once the parts arrive from ebay but i was planning on giving this one to a friend)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Flash a freshly hacked 15574 image to your 360.
Make sure it boots and is in fully working order before proceeding.

Then get Xecuter fusion.
Make a new image from there and flash that to the console

That should pair a new DVD drive to the console.
I never done it myself but it should be possible.

Otherwise edit your Keyvault for the new DVD drive (if you have a dump of the DVD drive then you can also edit the new DVD key with it)

edit:
Build a new hacked image with 360 multi builder.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
*cough* *cough*

i feel like an idiot... i pulled the dvd drive's sata cable out and now xell isn't freezing...
it must have been getting confused by it being mismatched

also, i looked into fusion after devin mentioned it in that other thread but apparently it doesn't support jtag, only rgh (and i this is a xenon so jtag or nothing)
that's why i was trying rgloader because i assumed i could achieve the same as fucion but it didn't work for me :(

Otherwise edit your Keyvault for the new DVD drive (if you have a dump of the DVD drive then you can also edit the new DVD key with it)
no way of reading the dvd drive i'm afraid and the box the dvd drive came from (which belonged to the freind i'm giving this xenon to) is fried (don't ask me how because i have no idea what he did to this thing :P)
guess i'll go back to my initial idea and buy a sata-> pci card off of ebay to dump the dvd drive's info

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm.

Yeah I was uncertain of Fusion supporting jTAG or not.

Anyway does he really need the DVD drive?
Otherwise you can prep the box for him and then give him the DVD drive separately.

But if he really wants the DVD drive then yeah.
It's best to edit your KV with the info of the new drive ;p

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i'm not sure he *needs* it but i want it as noob freindly as possible as far as him being able to back up all of his games easily...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok