Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello Fellow tempers,
I am here to tell you about GBAtemp in whatpulse.org.
Help us and GBAtemp grow on a large-Scale.
Just join Whatpulse and type,click and move your mouse as much a you can
tongue.gif

What is WhatPulse

WhatPulse is a key counting program which monitors the number of keystrokes and mouseclicks, and more recently the distance the mouse moves, that a user makes over a period of time. The program is not spyware, as it does not record the keys that are pressed (software that does this is called a keylogger), but instead measures the number of times that keys are pressed. In this way, one can see the number of keystrokes and mouseclicks over a period of time.

Q. How to join?
ANS.
There are some simple steps to join it.

1. Go to http://whatpulse.org/.
Image1.PNG

2.Download the software according to which OS do you use.
image2.PNG

3.Install the software and Signup.

4.Log in and go to the team tab(left middle/bottom)

5.Add us(GBAtemp)to your team and help us grow.

Q.1 Are there any rules?
Ans.Yes, one simple rule so far: You're only allowed to submit the keys you generated yourself, with your own two hands. This means you're not allowed to have other people use your account. (So shut WhatPulse down when someone else wants to use the computer it's on).

This also means you can not use other program or methods to generate more keys or clicks.

If you own multiple computers that only you use, you can set up Computers for yourself.

Computers Overview
NB: Computer Locations were formally known as Pulse Profiles.

If you've downloaded WhatPulse, when you enter your login information, you'll also need to set up a 'Computer' or two on your website profile.

A 'Computer' allows you to install multiple instances[1] of WhatPulse and be able to Pulse whenever you like (see below). This doesn't mean that more than one person can use your account -- that rule still stands!

To set up a 'Computer', simply login to your User Control Panel on the WhatPulse website, and click the 'Computers' link. Type whatever you wish in the box and click 'Add New Computer'. This creates a 'Computer' on the server, and allows you to login to your new WhatPulse instance. If you want to install WhatPulse on more computers or user accounts, just repeat this step.

If you want to delete or rename a 'Computer', you are free to do so. The stats will still remain on your account, only the name of the Location will be removed/renamed. Before you remove or rename a 'Computer' on the website, remember to Pulse from the WhatPulse instance linked to that 'Computer' first, otherwise you will lose all stats in that WhatPulse instance[1].

It is not possible to transfer your stats to one Location, or to transfer stats between Locations.

You need to set up a 'Computer' for every WhatPulse instance[1] you have, for example:

Windows PC
User Account 1
User Account 2
Mac PC
Linux PC
Windows PC 2

Q.3 Does WhatPulse contain any spyware?
Ans.The simple answer is no. WhatPulse only is interested in counting keypresses or mouseclicks, it doesn't care whether you pressed 'q' or 'l'!

Q.4 How does it works?

Ans.WhatPulse opens a so-called "keyhook" when it's booted, which listens to incoming Windows messages about the keyboard, the keyhook sends these messages to the program itself, and the program first determines if the key pressed is a proper key (Every standard keyboards' keys are counted) and then simply does PreviousKeyCount + 1.

Pulsing: When you "pulse", you're actually sending your keycounts in the program to the server along with other information about your Account, so the server can decide where to put the keycount. If the pulse goes according to plan, the server sends back an "OK", and the client's keycount is reset to 0 (zero), and your previous keys are added to your profile in the server database!
smile.gif

And for all you people who are thinking "oeh mi god a keylogger, no way!", well, exactly, No way. WhatPulse is not and never will be any sort of keylogger, it does not collect the keys you type, but only how many keys you type.

Q.5 What is a pulse?
Ans.A “pulse” is the term used by WhatPulse to define the action of transferring the key and mouse clicks count from the WhatPulse client to the WhatPulse official servers. The WhatPulse client, which is running on your computer, has to communicate with the server to tell how many keyboard key clicks and mouse clicks you have done.

WhatPulse uses this technique to prevent unnecessary communications to the server and to preserve your bandwidth. It would simply be unsustainable to have the client communicate to the server every time that you pressed on a key or clicked on your mouse.

The pulsing frequency is controlled by the user, which means you. You can manually pulse by double-clicking the WhatPulse client’s icon in notification area (The icon look like a black letter “W”). You can also set your client to automatically pulse.

To set your client to automatically pulse, go into the WhatPulse Program Settings. You can access them by right-clicking on the WhatPulse icon in the notification area and selecting Program Settings from the pop-up menu. From that window, you can define WhatPulse to automatically pulse every time a number of clicks have been made, or to pulse every hour. A common setting would be to set it pulse every time 3000 keys have been made. If you type a lot, 5000 would be the ideal setting.
You can currently view us here Gbatemp
For more details please visit Whatpulse

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Gonna close this up while I decide whether it's some kind of dodgy adware app or not. I don't trust it for one second.

edit : Thread re-opened. After having looked more into it it still seems well dodgy to me but I'll let you make your own decisions about whether to use it or not. It's a keylogger that counts the number of the keystrokes, mouse clicks and mouse movements you make and uploads them. It says it doesn't pay attention to what actual keys you press but some places are saying it does so make up your own minds.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
TrolleyDave said:
Gonna close this up while I decide whether it's some kind of dodgy adware app or not. I don't trust it for one second.

edit : Thread re-opened. After having looked more into it it still seems well dodgy to me but I'll let you make your own decisions about whether to use it or not. It's a keylogger that counts the number of the keystrokes, mouse clicks and mouse movements you make and uploads them. It says it doesn't pay attention to what actual keys you press but some places are saying it does so make up your own minds.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Just one thing.

Are these People killing their PC for their own goods?
asjads.PNG

~De arimasu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
I've been using it since 2006 and have had no trouble with it. You can set it to count which keys you press if you wish but it's not done anything dodgy for me. Obviously if you're safety concious then don't bother but it's not too much of a risk from my own use.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
~De arimasu said:
TrolleyDave said:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
I've been using it since 2006 and have had no trouble with it. You can set it to count which keys you press if you wish but it's not done anything dodgy for me. Obviously if you're safety concious then don't bother but it's not too much of a risk from my own use.
2006!
Well that's a quite long time.
yes I agree with you.
I you are so concious then don't join

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Chhotu uttam said:
BTW I was told by Antoligy to make this thread and recruit more people.

I don't care who told you to post it, I care about the safety of the people using the site. Any app that logs keypresses and uploads them somewhere means people should be wary as far as I'm concerned.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
TrolleyDave said:
Chhotu uttam said:
BTW I was told by Antoligy to make this thread and recruit more people.

I don't care who told you to post it, I care about the safety of the people using the site. Any app that logs keypresses and uploads them somewhere means people should be wary as far as I'm concerned.
So you directly want to tell us that those who use this app are Idiots?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Chhotu uttam said:

No, you're putting words in my mouth. I'm saying exactly what I'm saying, that anyone using this app should be wary if they're security concious. That's the end of the matter.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
TrolleyDave said:
Chhotu uttam said:

No, you're putting words in my mouth. I'm saying exactly what I'm saying, that anyone using this app should be wary if they're security concious. That's the end of the matter.
So ~De arimasu and I were saying in some different language?
I'll say it once again

Those who are concious about this app may not use it.I'm not forcing anyone.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Chhotu uttam said:
So ~De arimasu and I were saying in some different language?
I'll say it once again

Those who are concious about this app may not use it.I'm not forcing anyone.

Arrogant one aren't you? Did you say it before or after I posted my warning? It was after. I posted my warning and you attempted to argue with me over it. As I said before, that's the end of this matter. Any more posts from you arguing over this will be trashed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @linuxares hiii