• Replies 322
  • Likes 23

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Small kinda update guys. Bad news. Mid October didn't happen and I don't know exactly when anything will get done. I've only had the weekends to really do anything and I've been using that time to chill out, write music and play guitar, because I really need it right now. I'm not gonna bore you with all of the details but work didn't calm down as it should this time of year. If anything changes I'll let everyone know.
go man, get rest, use your time on what make you happy, life is very short, regards from Colombia.

SuperThicc

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Do you have Discord? I've been struggling to find time to update my save manager too but it looks like we have some common goals. I've already got a setup working where users can just login to Google via the web applet and have cloud saves working with zero configuration on the PC side (I've had it working for 2+ years now). No 100 user limit, but to bypass it there are some drawbacks. Even if you don't want to work together I can definitely share some source code (my save manager is currently closed source) and knowledge. My cloud save system is working perfectly, I'm just trying to find the time to rewrite the UI and make cloud saves more robust. The library I have for interfacing with Google's REST API has no error handling, but it looks like you've already got your own library for JKSV and it's just the login side you need to figure out?
sorry for asking, but is your save manager publically released? if so, what is the name?
I would be glad to use that to back up my precious save files

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
sorry for asking, but is your save manager publically released? if so, what is the name?
I would be glad to use that to back up my precious save files
It is floating about on the internet, although I don't like publicly acknowledging that I had anything to do with it anymore because of reasons that I won't get in to. I won't name it but there can't be that many Switch save managers with Google Drive support. You would need at least version 1.3 since any version lower has DRM locking it to a certain paid operating system that will remain unnamed.

Reactions: binkinator

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It is floating about on the internet, although I don't like publicly acknowledging that I had anything to do with it anymore because of reasons that I won't get in to. I won't name it but there can't be that many Switch save managers with Google Drive support. You would need at least version 1.3 since any version lower has DRM locking it to a certain paid operating system that will remain unnamed.
Voldermort?

• Haha

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, you done that? lol (kudos to the person who gave it to me for not mentioning your name)

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Oh, you done that? lol (kudos to the person who gave it to me for not mentioning your name)
It depends what "that" means, but probably, yes. If you were to name it, and it is what I did, I would deny it. Anyway this is getting off topic. I didn't come here to shill my """chinese""" """illegal""" """brick code""", just wanted to let JK know that I think I have what he wants and I can give it to him if he wants it.

SuperThicc

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Thanks for the info :)
And JK, I really love your work. Feel free to come back when you really like to, I wish your best!

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. I do plan to come back and fix it up for at least one more. I just feel bad when I say things will happen, but life gets in the way.
Do you have Discord? I've been struggling to find time to update my save manager too but it looks like we have some common goals. I've already got a setup working where users can just login to Google via the web applet and have cloud saves working with zero configuration on the PC side (I've had it working for 2+ years now). No 100 user limit, but to bypass it there are some drawbacks. Even if you don't want to work together I can definitely share some source code (my save manager is currently closed source) and knowledge. My cloud save system is working perfectly, I'm just trying to find the time to rewrite the UI and make cloud saves more robust. The library I have for interfacing with Google's REST API has no error handling, but it looks like you've already got your own library for JKSV and it's just the login side you need to figure out?
Login is taken care of. Everything I think I need is implemented. I just never got to add automatic uploading and a few other things I wanted. I do have a discord I use to talk to a few people, but right now I don't have the time anyway. Maybe a little down the line I'll PM you with it or something. There's another reason I don't want to post it publicly here, but I don't want to get into it too much. It's nothing anyone here did or because I mind chatting with any of you guys either, for real. I wrote something earlier this year for a few bucks and the person I wrote it for used it in a way I never intended, so now I possibly have a crazy, obsessive guy with literally no life just waiting for a way to privately harass me. I'll leave it at that.

Advanced User

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi JK, thank you so much for your fantastic save manager. Nintendo not giving us a way to back up saves locally is one of the main reasons for hacking Switch.

I have two questions. First, how do I make JKSV save the current settings? For instance when I change the sorting from Alphabetical to 'Last Played' and exit the app and then restart it is back to Alphabetical. Maybe I am missing something?

Second, is there a way to sort the save files for each game from latest to oldest? That way you wouldn't have to scroll down a long list in case you create many backups for a game.

Thanks again!

Reactions: impeeza

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have two questions. First, how do I make JKSV save the current settings? For instance when I change the sorting from Alphabetical to 'Last Played' and exit the app and then restart it is back to Alphabetical. Maybe I am missing something?
I don't know how you do it, but you should quit JKSV with pressing the + button first, then quit to home from hbmenu.
That way it will also rememeber which games you gave a heart/star.

Reactions: Advanced User

Tenwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use JKSV in my emuNAND to extract the savefile of PKMN Scarlet (cartridge) and edit it and restore it and play it on Sysnand without problem? or risk of ban?

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Can I use JKSV in my emuNAND to extract the savefile of PKMN Scarlet (cartridge) and edit it and restore it and play it on Sysnand without problem? or risk of ban?
Always there is a risk of ban, because you are modifying the sotfware and going online.

Saying that, until now there are no reports of using modified savegames online for Nintendo Switch Sports, so, it's a bet.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@JK_ just built your latest version of JKSV for the Switch and had good luck in setting up the Google Drive upload/download. The first time I ran it in app mode it hung, probably due to trying to access the browser. Once I got past the authentication, it was easy.

Did I miss something, though, or is there no way to upload everything to Google Drive?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JK_ just built your latest version of JKSV for the Switch and had good luck in setting up the Google Drive upload/download. The first time I ran it in app mode it hung, probably due to trying to access the browser. Once I got past the authentication, it was easy.

Did I miss something, though, or is there no way to upload everything to Google Drive?
Not right now. That's part of why there's no release. It's still incomplete. Before stuff started getting crazy for me last year, I was actually cleaning up a lot of the code and finishing off the Google drive stuff. Right now it might just be small updates to the master branch until I have enough time to really sit down and get some stuff done. I might spend some time on the weekends on it, but it's only gonna be a few hours here and there.

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not right now. That's part of why there's no release. It's still incomplete. Before stuff started getting crazy for me last year, I was actually cleaning up a lot of the code and finishing off the Google drive stuff. Right now it might just be small updates to the master branch until I have enough time to really sit down and get some stuff done. I might spend some time on the weekends on it, but it's only gonna be a few hours here and there.
Ok, thanks! I'm glad I didn't miss something obvious. What it has right now works for me.

I'm trying to figure out a development strategy for the scenario I'm facing. Being able to push to Google Drive helps with that, but there are some other parts that I need to consider.

(The following is just me thinking out loud. I'm not asking you for anything! :) )

Essentially, I'm looking at what I would need to do to share Octopath Traveler 2 saves between my PC, my Steam Deck, my local NAS, and my Switch. I have the PC-Deck/PC-NAS/Deck-NAS stuff worked out using SyncThing, which just leaves figuring out what to do with the Switch.

There are two problems I face. One is that the Switch saves need renamed; I need to figure out a way to auto-rename the saves as they get pushed to / pulled from the Switch. The second is how to automate the system such that I can push saves from my Switch to some storage and have it be parsed without waiting for a script on a timer.

In the ideal scenario, I would have a fork of JKSV that, when saves are made, would push data to an FTP server on my NAS and then rename the files based on some rules I defined in a .JSON file for that particular title. My NAS would use SyncThing watch the FTP folder and then distribute the saves to my PC and Steam Deck when they are turned on. Likewise, I'd have a reverse operation that would pull data down from an FTP server and do the reverse renaming.

(The reason for FTP: It gets around the 7 day reauth of Google, and I don't expect to upload my saves from a place other than my house.)

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'm not even sure that 7 day thing is true anymore. I thought Google had something about that in the API docs, but I've never been asked to log back in myself besides test runs where I intentionally delete the token. Writing some kind of PC side syncing app might be something to do down the road. I'm not a professional programmer or anything and I can notice myself getting a bit rusty lately. Maybe doing that here and there will help too?

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'm not even sure that 7 day thing is true anymore. I thought Google had something about that in the API docs, but I've never been asked to log back in myself besides test runs where I intentionally delete the token. Writing some kind of PC side syncing app might be something to do down the road. I'm not a professional programmer or anything and I can notice myself getting a bit rusty lately. Maybe doing that here and there will help too?
At the very least, I can confirm the 7 day thing by next Wednesday.

Also, it's not that I need a PC syncing tool. SyncThing is very good and very easy to set up, and I can technically run Synology's Cloud Sync to pull from Google Drive. It's more that I need a tool to refactor the files. (And after playing with things a bit, a tool to auto-unzip the JKSV save.)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Buddy I Just compile the source code and follow the instructions for Google Drive integration and all works just fine, now is so easy and quick.

I will let you to know if the 7 days authentication happens to me.

• Love

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
01.jpg
Hello, using the latest build, and I have corrupted font when I restore a save.
The corrupted fonts happen on an auto backup name, and when the backup is in progress (the size progress bar have corrupted black boxes instead numbers).

Strange thing is the name of that auto-backup become normal when I reboot jksv.
Post automatically merged:

I noticed it doesn't happen everytimes. Sometimes everything is normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk