Homebrew Japanese Gamecube games on Wii

GameGoof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii with Homebrew Channel and Wad Manager. Is there a way to install a dol file that will allow me to play Japanese Gamecube games? I could not find this information via Google searches.

GameGoof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I have not yet used the Nintendont program. I will try it out. Although I much prefer to install a dol or whatever and just put in the disc and play.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for the info. I have not yet used the Nintendont program. I will try it out. Although I much prefer to install a dol or whatever and just put in the disc and play.
USB loading is much nicer. No more burning discs, or getting up to switch games.
You can enable region free GC/Wii discs and channels with RegionFrii though and run them straight from the home menu.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: GameGoof

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB LOADERGX after having nintendont on the SD. then you can boot up GX loader and run all GC games through that. I have a japanese game (adventure island) for GC that runs perfectly with nintendont+USBloader

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, the latest beta USB loader GX + nintendont is the way to go

it runs phantasy star online perfectly, and you can easily play the arcade triforce games too, like mario kart GP and f-zero AX
also japanese game saves often corrupt a memory card, but with USB loader GX you can make an emulated save right on the harddrive, thats isolated

get graphics and info for the interface at gametdb

Vondosaurusrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't priiloader have a region free patch for the home menu and a bunch of other things? If I wanted to use a disc that's how I'd do it

GameGoof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't priiloader have a region free patch for the home menu and a bunch of other things? If I wanted to use a disc that's how I'd do it

Yes. I ended up installing Priloader... that worked just fine. Changed the settings, and now I can just put the Japanese game in and it loads and plays normally like all my other Gamecube games :)

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg