FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Short version- this is more or less the same as any other hacked DVD firmware update in that you grab the base firmware, grab the matching version of jungleflasher, wind in your keys and flash that to your drive. http://www.jungleflasher.net/downloads.html has jungleflasher and tutorials but as per usual one needs to look a bit harder to find the firmware.

Background. The recent dashboard update (and the betas of it) reflashed the DVD drives ostensibly to support the as yet unseen (aside from the discs sent with the beta) XDG3 disc format which in and of itself removed the ability to play copied discs but MS also took the time to fiddle with a few things meaning a more or less complete rewrite was needed. You could have just flashed an old hacked firmware back (at the cost of XDG3 support) but it would not have been livesafe.

LT1.9 has been released for Samsung (LT+ was for ap2.5 and samsung does not support this if you recall)
LT+ v1.9 for the benq and liteon (as in the original liteons (be it 7 series, 8v1 , 8v2 or 9 series)- the liteons that come with the slim are another matter) have been released.

XDG3 backup support is not available in these releases but if you have a pressed disc with it on then it should work. The upcoming 2.0 branch should support it and now 1.9 has been released some news on 2.0 should be forthcoming.

Hitachi has no release planned as it seems the new dash updates have ignored it (we saw an Hitachi LT+ release a while back but aside from Hitachi drives of version 78 and 79 there is no AP2.5 there either).

Also as has been known for a while now the AP2.5 titles will need to be reburned with new AP2.5 patches (I have not checked to see if they have been released at this time) although a new 0800 firmware that can dump them has been promised.
It is assumed you know what LT in general means but for those unaware LT brought several changes but the big one for most people was that splitvid became mandatory where before it was an option and a fix for a far older firmware. All releases since LT got released should have it (scene rules state releases must be compatible with the firmware of the day) and many older ones will as well but not all, it is a simple thing to check and add with disc/iso checking tool ABGX360 but discs burned without it will need to be reburned with it.

LT(+) v1.9 releases
Code:
C4E's iXtreme LT+ in association with Team Jungle & Team Xecuter
------------------------------
----------------------------------
Official release of the iXtreme LT v1.9 for Samsung & LT+ v1.9 for Benq and Lite-On (phat models)
- CFW's based on new XGD3 dashboard (2.0.13146.0) updated OFW's
- supports booting AP25 backups and XGD3 originals.
All AP2.5 titles will need to be re-patched as the DAE tables have been updated.
Thanks go to Team Jungle for their hard work and efforts in the development process.
Thanks also go to Team Xecuter for their support to this project.

Jungleflasher changelog
http://www.jungleflasher.net/downloads.html
Code:
JungleFlasher 0.1.84(250)

========================================

LT 1.9 Sammy & LT Plus 1.9 Benq and Liteon(phat)

KeyDB
---------------------------------------
Export to .csv file
Import/Merge from .csv file

We will try to keep you up to date here but http://c4evaspeaks.com/ is a good source of news in the meantime. The slim liteon 0225 should still be in testing although there were some tweaks done and for those that missed it the slim Lite-On (both versions including the 0401) has some hardware mods coming up (either board replacements for about $70 USD or considerably more troubling chip replacements for about $20 USD).
No word on anything for the slim hitachi drive although these are quite rare apparently.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: I have a Hitachi 78 spoofed to a 79 and I'm going to update it, now my question is, would my hitachi be ok to play on the new dash? It was when that one dash came out and blocked some games, so I was wondering if will too?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Afraid I am not as well versed in Hitachi stuff as I could be but I do believe the 78 and 79 are different firmwares rather than hardware so spoofing should be OK still.

I am not quite sure what dash you are on at this point but if I understand you correctly (you are on one of the first AP2.5 dashes) you should be good to update and all you might need to do is reflash the drive (although you might not even have to do that).

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KirbyBoy said:
Question: I have a Hitachi 78 spoofed to a 79 and I'm going to update it, now my question is, would my hitachi be ok to play on the new dash? It was when that one dash came out and blocked some games, so I was wondering if will too?
I am not quite sure, but I think spoofing doesnt work on the new dashboard.
You might wanna head over to 360mods or xbox-scene and ask over there
smile.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
Afraid I am not as well versed in Hitachi stuff as I could be but I do believe the 78 and 79 are different firmwares rather than hardware so spoofing should be OK still.

I am not quite sure what dash you are on at this point but if I understand you correctly (you are on one of the first AP2.5 dashes) you should be good to update and all you might need to do is reflash the drive (although you might not even have to do that).
I'm on the dash that came with LA Noire.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LA Noire would have been the 12625 dash (nothing has appeared with the new one yet as far as I know). This added Call of Duty MW2, COD black ops and Halo reach as you probably already know. Spoofing by this point was already blocked so you should be good and it should be fine to carry on with but as that model supported AP2.5 those 6 games with it will still have to be reburned if you want to play then. I guess the drive had a read function that worked with XDG3 and thus did not really need an update.

@Tanveer spoofing to different drive hardware models (at least without the CPU key and fiddling with the NAND) was more or less blocked but many drives are the same hardware but with different firmwares and those can still be fiddled with. Alas the hitachi scene is a complex nightmare I have tended to steer clear of (and been fortunate enough to avoid being dragged into) so I am hesitant to call it.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm correct, Fable 3 is Ap 2.5 right? I just tried my burned one, it still works, and I burned that a year ago.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fable 3 is AP2.5 but unless you updated to the newest dash ( 13146 as opposed to the slightly older one L.A. Noire carries) it should still work with that. Once you update to 13146 (by USB or using live at this stage) it will likely stop functioning properly as that dash carries the new AP2.5 checks/data which the old burn of Fable 3 will stop functioning (if it does pull the power quickly as it should prevent the "ap2.5 check failed" being burned into the 360).

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this is the newest update to play it safe on live, correct?

With this firmware, will I still be able to play some of my previously backed-up games that have been abgx'd, such as Left 4 Dead, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and Red Dead Redemption? I cannot reburn them, so I wanted to make sure they will work before flashing my firmware again...

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes this makes it safe (from the firmware perspective at least) as you can reasonably get to return to Live with the newest dash.

If you were already using LT the only games you will need to reburn at the 6 AP2.5 titles (Fable 3, Assassin's creed brotherhood, Need for Speed hot pursuit, COD MW2, COD black ops and halo reach) and neotank19 informed us patches are now out (thanks for that by the way).

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... can this firmware still be flashed in dosflasher? It's what I had been using thus far, because while Jungleflasher worked beautifully for extracting keys, I'd never been able to successfully flash the drive itself (or do the erase part first) without it crapping out, and subsequently locking up the whole system whenever I tried accessing it.

Also, still currently on the pre-XGD3 dash... so thinking up how to do this. I am guesisng the safest thing right now, would be...
- use Jungleflasher to put together LT 1.9 with correct drive key
- flash to stock
- assemble 360, perform update
- after verifying all works, shut down, take dvd drive out
- flash LT 1.9 on it, as I've yet to have any XGD3 games

Or would it be better to wait for 2.0? Then again, that could be a while, since it seems C4E has their hands full... and even moreso if they ever start undertaking modded firmwares for ps3 drives as was rumored.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re Dosflasher I am really not sure. Supposedly the new OFW this was based upon has been rejigged so if dosflasher does any form of verification (I know it has less than jungleflasher as I have used it for such things on several occasions) on the hacked firmwares it might fall short. Your planned order of doing things would mirror mine exactly though.

To the best of my knowledge 1.9 is only a stopgap in the sense that XDG3 copies are not supported (only that Halo disc that came with the beta uses XDG3 at present) but everything else should be solid.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
time to open my 360 again, might as well do my xenon as well since it's not banned from live like my jasper is.
sucks i gotta reburn fable 3 and AC: Brotherhood again, but hopefully that will be both the third and the last time
so basically i return it to stock firmware with my old stock firmware dump, flash the new dash to my 360, and then flash LT+ 1.9 to my drive?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty much.

Do note though if you have a liteon drive (of the 7 or 8v1 persuasion) and did not dump with the MRA hack (or equivalent) or pogo ma thoin which few people did (messing with traces vs a simple probe or even software only...) then you will likely need to rebuild a stock firmware if you are going back to stock.
Stock dumps were made available and there seems to be stock firmwares in the "Ixtreme-LT-1.9-FAT-.zip" pack that is doing the rounds (apparently xbins is down so I am not sure what the "official" pack is like these days) and all the firmware tools should be able to do it for the older firmwares at least (jungleflasher definitely and it should work on any machine as you are not doing anything beyond a tiny bit of small file manipulation and I pretty sure firmtool or one the successors should be able to as well)- it is just like building any other firmware.

Chanser

:o
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
IXtreme_LT_Plus_1.9_Firmware_XBOX360-iND

Scene release, contains all the LT+ 1.9 firmware you need, includes pre and post stock firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol