I've never understood modern pop music

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I just don't like it. I don't think I'm biased towards older music because of nostalgia either because I'm only fourteen.

I've just always liked classic rock and metal, none of the modern pop songs I hear seem to have really deep lyrics or instrumental and seem too uhhhhh... poppy. Maybe I'm just hearing the wrong music or something.
In the end I think it really just boils down to personal taste really, I'm just weird. Anyone else like this?

well here's a song i really listen alot to these days.

OvO i personally listen to all kinds of shit as long as it sounds good to me.

EthanAddict

An investment to nothingness
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nether do I. I prefer to stick to Thrash, Heavy and Death metal, although I am willing to listen to some classical or jazz music... The thing with pop is that it has no meaning(does 'baby, oh baby' sound creative to you), most of it is nort complex at all and it is too Mainstream™...

Last edited by EthanAddict,
D

Deleted User

Pop songs are trash although I have to admit one thing: K-Pop songs are hilarious.
I myself listen to electronic music mostly [Dubstep, Heavy Dubstep, Glitch-hop, Dance-hop, Electro, Electro House etc.]

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
well here's a song i really listen alot to these days.

OvO i personally listen to all kinds of shit as long as it sounds good to me.

That song's pretty neat but I hate that the "instrumental" is just a loop of the same thing and the overused drum machine beat.

Reactions: Dionicio3

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, without pop music, I can't look at Miley Cyrus' nipples or her riding on a wrecking ball.:creep:

Really, it's good either way to have pop music so people can remix it.

My advice to you is: don't worry about it. Most people do it for the money, on both sides. And the fact it's literally supposed to be shit.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I personally don't even know how to differentiate between genres. I just listen to whatever sounds good. The one thing that I absolutely hate is what I call "digital trumpets." Those synthesized trumpets/bassoons/sax are the most annoying thing ever, and I can't ever listen to a song that has 'em. But really, most pop songs are devoid of the "meaning" that I like to find in songs. I don't like to listen to just a good beat, I like to know that there's something behind it. I can't stand most modern rap, because it seems people are just spouting incoherent alphabet soup into a mic in the most god-awful voices and with the most god-awful music. I also need songs with enough "oomph." Songs that are too "floaty" or that aren't musically complex are too simple for my ears.

Reactions: Seliph

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...