Hacking It's confirmed! SKY3DS can support newest 3DS V9.8.0-25U/E/J/K

Yuusei

Trophies
XP
Country
Has RegionFour been blocked by this update though? I have been playing some NTSC-J games on my NTSC-U new3DS and I would like to know if this exploit still functional or not? :0

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Everybody gets tired of being blatantly wrong eventually.

[troll]
Tell that to republicans.
[/troll]

Seriously though, I am still in the side of "they can block Sky3DS, but it will also affect a lot of legitimate users."

Happy to see Sky3DS still hanging on.

smasbros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can we say Nintendo has no way to patch the hardware hacked ? With such guess, the next update 10.x.x will also 99.99% probably support .

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we say Nintendo has no way to patch the hardware hacked ? With such guess, the next update 10.x.x will also 99.99% probably support .
Try popping your sky3DS into the Gateway menu and run their diagnostic tests. It passes several. Normal carts don't. Therefore it is detectable and blockable.

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Try popping your sky3DS into the Gateway menu and run their diagnostic tests. It passes several. Normal carts don't. Therefore it is detectable and blockable.

Yes. But the diagnostic takes some time to complete. Unless Nintendo comes up with a faster way to detect the Sky3ds, i doubt people will be happy if an update cause their 3DS to take longer to boot games. Maybe that's why Nintendo hasn't come up with a proper solution to block the Sky3ds yet.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes. But the diagnostic takes some time to complete. Unless Nintendo comes up with a faster way to detect the Sky3ds, i doubt people will be happy if an update cause their 3DS to take longer to boot games. Maybe that's why Nintendo hasn't come up with a proper solution to block the Sky3ds yet.
If they could do this they could make it run in background (while in sleep mode, navigating home menu), it won't block totally the cart, but could make enough suffering to reduce the solution popularity (layman folks want their piracy as easy and plug-and-play as possible, if it requires heavy thinking they won't use it).

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If they could do this they could make it run in background (while in sleep mode, navigating home menu), it won't block totally the cart, but could make enough suffering to reduce the solution popularity (layman folks want their piracy as easy and plug-and-play as possible, if it requires heavy thinking they won't use it).

For something to run in background, it could also reduce the battery life of the 3DS. Anyway, no one knows what's the true reason Nintendo hasn't blocked Sky3ds yet. I do know that i've bought my Sky3ds early this year and i'm still loving it. :D

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
I was always a member of the "Yeah, SKY3DS will be blocked for sure!" camp.

But alas, it appears that now it is time to defect to the other side.

7 firmware updates since the SKY3DS was released. And it continues to function as so.

This is a credit to the SKY3DS engineers. I tip my hat to you :bow:

Reactions: dandymanz

kurodax

Trophies
XP
Country
the main reason that sky3ds still untouchable because it act like the real card game, something that gateway cannot.
for somebody want sky3ds to be blocked because their gateway can't go to 9.7.0.25 for like 1-2 years more, F U.

fishkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

that solution might be good to detect sky3ds..so nintendo should put this into our 3ds and make it autorun diagnostic test from gateway every time we put catridge to our 3ds and then wualaaa sky3ds block but others legit customers in rages cuz their 3ds performance getting slow and need more time to boot their game wow that was sad.....

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to see less and less of the people saying next update will kill off sky3ds. Trololol

Its quite obvious who the real troll is, the one who said it was a one line code.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes Sky3DS may have survived a lot of updates (and maybe some more or all), but that doesn't mean it's the greatest flashcard.

It only has one feature, no its not the best buy for me thats for sure.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o