• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 162,541
  • Replies 1,700
  • Likes 27
D

Deleted User

OP
Little question about the online ban, I've played leaked games before, Pokemon included, and seriously, never had to go to such lengths as NAND backup, RTC reset. Usually I just turn off the friend list things, turn off spot/streetpass and never had any problem. So am I lucky or everyone is paranoid?
From personal expierence I didn't get banned during the sun and moon leak last year,however in may I think when fire emblem came out,I got banned along with a bunch of people for what seemed to be no reason,until people started to say that Nintendo can monitor the homebrew you are running with the wifi switch on when you have "allow friends to see your online status on in friend notifications aswell as spotpass.Turning those 2 things off decease your chance of getting banned.

Reactions: Ritsuki

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
alot of the game is very slimar to sun and moon untill you get late into the game
Not really, things change as soon as the second Totem Pokemon and after that things getting more and more different:P

It does feel boring if you have played sun and moon alot of times the story only gets different late into the game
What is boring is the forced tutorials and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG unskippable cutscenes and character actions they put just to pad out the duration of the game...

The only way I've found to get berries/those pokemon puff things has been buying drinks in the pokecenter. I looked it up and supposedly pelago is supposed to be in ultra moon./sun according to a single site but I've not gotten the icon/menu to go to it and can't find it anywhere. So I guess the pokecenter is the only choice?
I think you get it fairly late in the game or something. Anyone remembers when you got PokePelago in Sun/Moon?

Quick Question... Do screenshots with no outline look better? OR Screenshots with outlines?
No outlines are better only when playing on Citra, they look awful when playing on the 3DS.

right after the Kiawe trial when you go near the beach, before the gate to go to that perverted green haired fool.
Thanks! Gonna try this, I need those Rainbow thingies for affection in Refresh. One is 3 hearts and at 2 hearts you get x1.2 more exp.

I can tell you 100%, O3ds or N3ds, you need to have "wi-fi connection". I guess it could be a blank connection/turn your router wi-fi off, but at least you can trade between S/M and US/UM.

I guess all the people who feel like trading a few 'mon back to S/M can use PKSM.
You DO realize that you can trade locally, right? Like, not even having to go to the Plaza first... There's a quick link or something in the in-game menu for local stuff and also you can use Plaza locally without internet if you do that link thing first.:P

So are you guys going to start over again on the 17th? Or just risk it?
I changed my RT, so I'm safe, reason I did it is so I won't have to restart and my save looks legit. Don't know why other people didn't bother doing this too, but oh well...

just delete the game from activity log.
That's not really enough. If you register the save on PGL, then you can run into problems. Better take the entire safe route.

Just one shotted Kiawe now, moving on to next trial! Can't wait for Mallow's sexual innuendos:rofl2:

joseph0042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed my RT, so I'm safe, reason I did it is so I won't have to restart and my save looks legit. Don't know why other people didn't bother doing this too, but oh well...

RT? 3DS date and time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You DO realize that you can trade locally, right? Like, not even having to go to the Plaza first... There's a quick link or something in the in-game menu for local stuff and also you can use Plaza locally without internet if you do that link thing first.

I do know of Quick Link, but you still need to have the wi-fi switch on, otherwise, you'll get a "nice" message telling you to turn your communications on. I turned my router off and did a few tests.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do know of Quick Link, but you still need to have the wi-fi switch on, otherwise, you'll get a "nice" message telling you to turn your communications on. I turned my router off and did a few tests.
You should be able to do it by deleting your internet connections or going somewhere with none of your connections in range.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
RT? 3DS date and time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RT is the internal date and time, you can change it with RTChanger and it's what prevents you from doing the dailies in games if you change your clock and things of that sort. By changing it to a fake date past the release one, a new game will look 100% legit.

Exactly, it uses the wireless communications. Just because the same antenna the system uses for wifi is also used for local doesn't mean it connects online. It's local, just turn it on and connect. It's impossible to be both online and locally connected and local always takes priority in Nintendo games.
Basically, use Quick Link after doing this just to be safe:
You should be able to do it by deleting your internet connections or going somewhere with none of your connections in range.

I was thinking of making a dummy connection, but turning the router off is much faster.
Just delete your connection or turn router wifi antenna off like you did, both allow you to trade locally without risk of connecting online.

Irrelevant to all that, I finally beat island 2 now! However, what I want to say is something else, my Buneary has evolved since a while ago and I happened to take it on Pokemon Refresh... You don't want to know what part of it it likes getting stroked...:blush:

joseph0042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RT is the internal date and time, you can change it with RTChanger and it's what prevents you from doing the dailies in games if you change your clock and things of that sort. By changing it to a fake date past the release one, a new game will look 100% legit.

Oh ok. Do you change it then install or just change it before playing?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Oh ok. Do you change it then install or just change it before playing?
Just change it before starting a new game. After the games are officially out, backup save, uninstall game, get a new dump of the game, install that, import save and change RT back to normal. The RT change is both for the "adventure started on xx" and for when you got each Pokemon, so don't change the RT until the games are actually out.

Saiken07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The frame rate of this game is absolutely same as S/M, totally garbage, even when there is a character dialog, it lags, I understand that my Old 3DS is kinda pulling everything it got to be able to run the game but cmon, why the hell these games even get developed for both Old/New 3DS when it works like ass on both consoles? Yes, the same problem exists for N3DS users as well, unbelievable that GF didn't improved the frame rate for this "Superior version" instead they made it even worse.

I hope someone develops a luma patch to reduce graphics someday or I don't know whatever is needed to improve the frame rate, because this is just terrible, main reason why I stopped at 80 hours of playing on Moon

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The frame rate of this game is absolutely same as S/M, totally garbage, even when there is a character dialog, it lags, I understand that my Old 3DS is kinda pulling everything it got to be able to run the game but cmon, why the hell these games even get developed for both Old/New 3DS when it works like ass on both consoles? Yes, the same problem exists for N3DS users as well, unbelievable that GF didn't improved the frame rate for this "Superior version" instead they made it even worse.

I hope someone develops a luma patch to reduce graphics someday or I don't know whatever is needed to improve the frame rate, because this is just terrible, main reason why I stopped at 80 hours of playing on Moon
If you don't like it, don't play it! Not everyone can afford to get a N3DS just to play one game! The game runs pretty well and while it does have some rare stutter, it doesn't make it any less fun. For me it only stutters or framedrops a little once or twice every 20 mins or so and it's only for a short moment. I'm using an O2DS btw, so you might want to just check your SD card to see if it's working at proper speeds or not. Read speed is very important and that may be the cause. Don't know where you saw that it's like that for N3DS too, but you are wrong (tested it myself when installing the leak on a friend's system). As for the constant mention of framerate you keep doing, what's wrong with it? It's not an action game that requires fast input, what do you need a high framerate for? Watching berry piles move?:P

Go study about how graphics processing works and what limitations there are on the 3DS and then try to raise the framerate yourself if you find it so bad! Game runs fine and more than well enough to be playable. Want 60+ FPS? Use Citra!

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I wonder why there developing there next pokemon game for the switch, hehe

Reactions: ThoD

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So are you guys going to start over again on the 17th? Or just risk it?
I've almost finished the game. I will not connect the 17, Nintendo will make a ban wave for sure on that day, or maybe in the week. Honestly? I'm not scared. Ninty can't ban me if I have my wifi off and spotpass disabled ;)

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Probably going to start over on the 17 just playing it now so i know where everything is im just rushing though the game now plus im getting ultra sun so i don't think i can tranfer my save.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you don't like it, don't play it! Not everyone can afford to get a N3DS just to play one game! The game runs pretty well and while it does have some rare stutter, it doesn't make it any less fun. For me it only stutters or framedrops a little once or twice every 20 mins or so and it's only for a short moment. I'm using an O2DS btw, so you might want to just check your SD card to see if it's working at proper speeds or not. Read speed is very important and that may be the cause. Don't know where you saw that it's like that for N3DS too, but you are wrong (tested it myself when installing the leak on a friend's system). As for the constant mention of framerate you keep doing, what's wrong with it? It's not an action game that requires fast input, what do you need a high framerate for? Watching berry piles move?:P

Go study about how graphics processing works and what limitations there are on the 3DS and then try to raise the framerate yourself if you find it so bad! Game runs fine and more than well enough to be playable. Want 60+ FPS? Use Citra!
Well its because of the high poly models alot of 3ds games use lower poly models which is why first person shooters etc don't lag as bad as usum and sm on the 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...