Hacking Homebrew Issues installing NRO files..

Tryfle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just installed Atmosphere on my Switch for the first time and I wanted to download some 3rd party apps (Specifically Tinfoil and Awoo Installer, so I can start downloading Homebrew.)
I have looked up tutorials and found many threads on this website and others saying it's as simple to install a .NRO file as throwing the file into the DRIVE:\Switch\ folder and it magically works, but I think I'm missing something, because it definitely isn't working for me. I'm not seeing anything, and I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious or not. I keep trying to look up this issue and I don't see anything except the same "Did you put it in the Switch folder?" solution.

What I did:
I downloaded the files, and copied the folder to the corresponding app into the DRIVE:\Switch\ folder as guides instruct. This did not work.
I then thought maybe I was doing something stupid and misreading the guide, so I copied the .nro file from the folder it downloaded to the Switch folder, this still did not work.
I then tried dragging all of the contents of the folder I downloaded into the Switch folder, still a no go.
I downloaded the sigpatches from the sigpatch thread for atmophere 1.4.0 I'm using Atmosphere 1.4.0
I feel like I'm out of luck, so I figured I'd ask the community and I made an account here to post this thread.

This is what my folder looks like
1673579164035.png

Could somebody please help me or point out my mistake?

EDIT: The problem has been solved.

Last edited by Tryfle,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just installed Atmosphere on my Switch for the first time and I wanted to download some 3rd party apps (Specifically Atmosphere, so I can start downloading Homebrew.)
I have looked up tutorials and found many threads on this website and others saying it's as simple to install a .NRO file as throwing the file into the DRIVE:\Switch\ folder and it magically works, but I think I'm missing something, because it definitely isn't working for me. I'm not seeing anything, and I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious or not. I keep trying to look up this issue and I don't see anything except the same "Did you put it in the Switch folder?" solution.

What I did:
I downloaded the files, and copied the folder to the corresponding app into the DRIVE:\Switch\ folder as guides instruct. This did not work.
I then thought maybe I was doing something stupid and misreading the guide, so I copied the .nro file from the folder it downloaded to the Switch folder, this still did not work.
I then tried dragging all of the contents of the folder I downloaded into the Switch folder, still a no go.
I downloaded the sigpatches from the sigpatch thread for atmophere 1.4.0 I'm using Atmosphere 1.4.0
I feel like I'm out of luck, so I figured I'd ask the community and I made an account here to post this thread.

This is what my folder looks like
View attachment 347197

Could somebody please help me or point out my mistake?

You have an exploitable switch that can run cfw?

Tryfle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a dumb question but just wanna ask so I'm not assuming, how are you launching hb menu
Here is where I think I missed something, I assumed it would just be an applet like the others but it never actually occured to me that I might have to use HBMENU to launch the apps. I was not using it at all, I'll look it up.
Post automatically merged:

This may be a dumb question but just wanna ask so I'm not assuming, how are you launching hb menu
This was my issue, thank you so much. I knew it was something small.

Last edited by Tryfle,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say one last thing, alot of homebrew requires full ram. to launch hb menu with full ram, hold R and launch a game don't let go of R untill hb menu comes up

Reactions: Tryfle

Tryfle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say one last thing, alot of homebrew requires full ram. to launch hb menu with full ram, hold R and launch a game don't let go of R untill hb menu comes up
Thanks for the tip. I do have issues with this method often though where instead of opening hbmenu it just opens the game, takes about 10 retries. Also trying to get an nro forwarder to use in attempt to fix this issue.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can either use a forwarder or (my personal suggestion) download a very small game that you'll never play and use. Hekate toolbox (it's a nro file) to config the game to always boot hbmenu without holding any button

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for the tip. I do have issues with this method often though where instead of opening hbmenu it just opens the game, takes about 10 retries. Also trying to get an nro forwarder to use in attempt to fix this issue.
As long as you don't let go of R too early it should always open hbmenu, sure your R button is working correctly?

Tryfle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you don't let go of R too early it should always open hbmenu,
I'm not, I hold it the entire time.
sure your R button is working correctly?
Absolutely.
Post automatically merged:

You can either use a forwarder or (my personal suggestion) download a very small game that you'll never play and use. Hekate toolbox (it's a nro file) to config the game to always boot hbmenu without holding any button
I'm just going to try the first result on google for a NRO forwarder, nton.
https://github.com/rlaphoenix/nton

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1