Hacking Is Updating to fw 6.0 using choidujour a banrisk?

Panic.exe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been answered before, but couldn't find an answer anywhere. Is updating to fw 6.0 using choidujour detectable/risky?
From what I understand anything homebrew related can be detected by Nintendo. Do I have that right? Like, I'd imagine they can check for fuses burned against the fw installed and issue a ban for a mismatch? Just wondering as I want to use this system for online and buy a second for homebrew purposes but also wouldn't mind keeping the option to downgrade if possible.

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Going online is risky, from 1.0.0 to 6.0.0.
Nintendo is capable of detecting many things, discovered or not by the community, so the best way to "go online" is through a DNS server like 90DNS, or to stay in airplane mode. Accessing eShop, updating from system settings, play online with backups and/or legit games in a cfw leads to a ban.

Reactions: Panic.exe

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't waste your time asking here. You'll get only ban risk exaggerating and people who couldn't care less if they got banned. Ask on the jjSwitched Discord Server instead.
Just recently I received 2 new ban reports from people who were banned despite not using any .NSP, .XCI, or LayeredFS. While I am working to gather more details on what they did that may have also contributed to a ban, firmware 6.0 seems to have introduced a lot more telemetry that has led to the start of a new banwave. I would say that updating with ChoiDujourNX to firmware 6.0 is definitely not safe.

Reactions: Panic.exe

Puppydogpals

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was on 5.1.0 using SX since release date only using xci. Updating games (inc xci) on official only.

No online at all using sx.

As soon as updated to 6.0.0 using the official way. Upon reboot I was super banned. No online no shop no updates.

Not that I'm bothered can use nsp now. Was hanging back from using them until banned

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 5.1.0 using SX since release date only using xci. Updating games (inc xci) on official only.

As soon as updated to 6.0.0 using the official way. Upon reboot I was super banned. No online no shop no updates.

Not that I'm bothered can use nsp now. Was hanging back from using them until banned

Do you have a minute and mind filling out this ban report form ([URL]https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nCOsO8tl077x-FubDOENnCmCUnGpDSDJktGR_XKWEUY)?[/URL]

CzeroXCI

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Updating xci or nsp is probably what make you banned.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Who told you to update using official way!! You screw yourself snd i an really sorry, i updated to 6.0.0 leaked version via choidujour offline and got not problems!!

Puppydogpals

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who told you to update using official way!! You screw yourself snd i an really sorry, i updated to 6.0.0 leaked version via choidujour offline and got not problems!!
Do you ever go online using ofw is so I am guessing you will be marked for ban as they will record that you are running a version not released (released version is different build from version leaked a few weeks back)

Updating did not cause my ban. It was probably inevitable at some point. I was probably marked for a ban ages ago.

Updating initiated my ban not caused it....

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would say that updating with ChoiDujourNX to firmware 6.0 is definitely not safe.

I was thinking updating (back when 5.1.0 was the latest) using ChoiDujourNX was semi-safe because while you never asked N's servers for the 5.1.0 update, it's possible you may have gotten the 5.1.0 update offline from a cartridge that had it.

But right now, AFAIK there are no cartridges out yet with 6.0 FW, so it would be like a giant red flag (imo) to suddenly be on FW 6.0 without your Switch ever asking N's servers for the update officially... because where else could your Switch have gotten the 6.0 update?

Might be worth asking those who got banned when they updated to 6.0 how exactly did they update? (Although this would only be relevant until carts with 6.0 FW built-in come out)

Reactions: Draxzelex

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you ever go online using ofw is so I am guessing you will be marked for ban as they will record that you are running a version not released (released version is different build from version leaked a few weeks back)

Updating did not cause my ban. It was probably inevitable at some point. I was probably marked for a ban ages ago.

Updating initiated my ban not caused it....

No sir
I am not going online, there is not reason to do that.

mcmanic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
updated from 5.01 to official 6.00fw . Used SXOS to boot RajNX upon which i used ChoiDujourNX to install the 6.00fw. Play .xci and .nsp offline and update .xci online in offical normal firmware, i also choose to burn the fuse setting as being ON, not banned yet from eshop, am expecting it but it hasn't happened yet.

Last edited by mcmanic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been