Feedback Is this vita definitely gone?

Hecatia666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I got a vita slim just recently, it charges its battery normally, but it doesn't turn on at all except for the green light and the orange light while charging. Now, i tried to connect it to my PC and it didn't do anything else than charging, my pc didn't detect anything.

From where I got it, they said that it had cfw installed, so I assumed that the reason why they handed it to me is because they thought I could solve that issue, but I'm at a loss on what to do too...

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try to enter recovery mode with this methodes:
For firmware up to version 1.51
  1. Turn OFF your PS Vita (Press Power Button for 10 seconds)
  2. Now press and hold "R" + Power + PS (PlayStation Button)
  3. Wait...
  4. Now you're in Recovery Menu (Mode)
For firmware above 1.51 :
  1. Have the PS Vita switched off OR in standby to begin with.
  2. Hold down the power button on the top of the PS Vita units for 30 seconds or longer, then release.
  3. The PS Vita will boot to a menu. Select the desired option.
Or hold the left bumber at boot, as there are maybe a plugin that causes the issue they will be disabled.

Reactions: Plazorn

Soultie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you tried everything else, and it still doesn't work, then i would open it up and and remove the battery. Before you do, make sure the memory card has been removed, as it can get fried (that happened to me before). After letting it chill for a few minutes, put the battery back in, charge it, and see if it boots up. This worked for me once, it may or may not work for you. Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I forgot password consult admin