tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Miser said:
Check this topic: http://gbatemp.net/t229592-the-3-30-r4s-clones-or-not

What Miser fails to realise is that was 2 years ago, clones could have improved since then.
These are pictures of mine, along with the pictures of PharaohsVizier's and Fake Comparisons:

My Packaging:
IMG_3603.jpg

It's dull, and many of the dark details such around the top and bottom arcs are missing.

Rear of my cart:
IMG_35242x.jpg

Rear of PharaohsVizier's cart:
ab6be0ce.jpg

Fake comparison, fake is on the right:
148_4411_93b4b29e70d23ef.jpg

My MicroSD card symbol has a thick outline while PharaohsVizier's has a thin outline. The notches on the left side of the symbol are also different shapes, PharaohsVizier's's is more square while mine is more triangular. As posted in that thread, both differences indicate a fake.

Miser has no explanation why mine has the same MicroSD card symbol as the fakes.

Inside of My rear shell:
IMG_3608.jpg

Inside PharaohsVizier's rear shell:
629d63fe.jpg

Fake Comparison, fake is on the left:
148_4411_56c6ac2e8e7619c.jpg

Mine has no step, PharaohsVizier's does, as in that thread this indicates a fake.

Miser has no explanation why mine has no step like the fakes, yet all the real carts do.

Rear of My PCB:
IMG_35242.jpg

Rear of PharaohsVizier's PCB:
cdcdae31.jpg

Fake Comparison, fake is on the left:
148_4411_0325bec64c748c9.jpg

Although they look the same, it's been 2 years and they easily could have changed the clone to look more like the original. As PharaohsVizier said in that thread:
PharaohsVizier There are more than one kind of fakes, as well, I don't think the fakers are ignorant, they would try to make these as real as possible, slowly killing off what minor differences there are. That being said, if it isn't exactly like the real one, most likely it is a fake.

Front of my PCB:
IMG_35242xxx.jpg

Front of PharaohsVizier's PCB:
3fa97da8.jpg

Fake Comparison, fake is on the right:
148_4411_e33cd48b7830425.jpg

Although mine has a chip number of #815, we already know the clone makers asked the IC manufacturer to change the chip number. It's very easy for them to change the number. We also know on real R4's this number was incremental with batch, if you view the photos in GBAtemp's official review, you will see the number is much earlier.
Notice the font on ROHS, on mine it's different and has larger spacing between the letters, While PharaohsVizier's is the same as the real posted in that thread. Also notice PharaohsVizier's is a #817 PCB revision CARD-7C which must make PharaohsVizier's one of the last produced. Mine is #815, PCB revison CARD-7A, which means if mine is real then it was produced before PharaohsVizier', which was purchased over 2 years ago. I only brought mine 2 weeks ago.

Miser has no explanation why the font on mine is the same as the fakes.

Despite all of this, Miser still insists my cart is a genuine R4.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
35bxafa.gif

tk_saturn said:
What Miser fails to realise is that was 2 years ago, clones could have improved since then.
For the record, it was you who brought that thread up, not me. That thread clearly shows the PCB is original. The hardware is identical.
Maybe they decided to use cheapo shells to cut the costs, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM