Hacking Is there going to be a CFW without an R4 anytime soon on o3ds?

Kleed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:Di know currently there are none but has anyone talked about releasing something for the old 2ds/3ds that allows CFW?
I don't mind waiting, just asking. Thank you.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you mean like a free kernel exploit? The answer is yes, but they are holding off on them until Nintendo officially stops supporting the 3DS.
You should just buy a flashcart and use NTRBoot to install B9S. Not only do you get a method that can never be blocked by OFW updates, but you also gain the ability to play DS games.

Kleed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just spend the 18 dollars and get an r4
are you that cheap?
Nah, just can't afford it rn.

Do you mean like a free kernel exploit? The answer is yes, but they are holding off on them until Nintendo officially stops supporting the 3DS.
You should just buy a flashcart and use NTRBoot to install B9S. Not only do you get a method that can never be blocked by OFW updates, but you also gain the ability to play DS games.
Awesome, I would but as said before, out of budget for the time being.
The R4 is only for installation. After that it just cold boots.
Thank you very much :)

Thanks for the replies guys!

Kleed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only need a flashcart if your 3ds is over 11.3
Thanks. That's what I thought. :)
You could also buy a 2DS or 3DS on a low enough firmware to install CFW free, do DSiWarehax and resell it when done. You could easily make a profit doing this.
Smart idea, that would be cool.
I have a lot of time invested into my main 2ds tbh.
And about 350$ Of games.
Somewhat new to homebrew.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks. That's what I thought. :)

Smart idea, that would be cool.
I have a lot of time invested into my main 2ds tbh.
And about 350$ Of games.
Somewhat new to homebrew.
Sell your games, or at least the ones where the save is stored on your SD. Use that money to buy a second-hand 2DS, they only cost as much as about three games anyway. You can sell the 2DS afterward, and once you have backed up and installed all the games you own, you can sell the rest of your games too. More money for rent and food! Win-win.

Kleed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have enough money left over after paying bills and buying food.... then you can't afford it.
Exactly.
A lot of people on this site are condescending birds huh?
It's Reddit all over again.
Sell your games, or at least the ones where the save is stored on your SD. Use that money to buy a second-hand 2DS, they only cost as much as about three games anyway. You can sell the 2DS afterward, and once you have backed up and installed all the games you own, you can sell the rest of your games too. More money for rent and food! Win-win.
duuuuude, sweet! Smart idea, I might do that, on a side note, MH4U is seriously so good.

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or he can sell those games then get a Flashcard

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Or he can sell those games then get a Flashcard
With a flashcart he can't resell it and get more money than he spent (which he can with a 2DS/3DS).
Edit: that reminded me of something important. If you go the route I suggested do things in this order:
  1. Install CFW on the 2DS/3DS you bought
  2. Transfer from your current console to the CFW one
  3. Then follow the DSiWarehax guide (you'll have to wait seven days because of the previous transfer)
Step 2 is so you don't lose any data from your current console.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Kleed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a flashcart he can't resell it and get more money than he spent (which he can with a 2DS/3DS).
Edit: that reminded me of something important. If you go the route I suggested do things in this order:
  1. Install CFW on the 2DS/3DS you bought
  2. Transfer from your current console to the CFW one
  3. Then follow the DSiWarehax guide (you'll have to wait seven days because of the previous transfer)
Step 2 is so you don't lose any data from your current console.
Thank you for the help. I don't think I will sell my DS though, if I get rid of it I will probably give it to one of my siblings, are the Flashcarts worth it and if so which ones are "best"?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think you completely missed the point of my post...
Probably.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021