Homebrew Is there any way to trade Pokémon with Local Wireless on DeSmume ?

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Want to send my pokémon of diamond to soulsilver, My Nintendo DS is broken the top screen so now i playing Pokémon SoulSilver on Wii U via VC Inject, but the VC don't have wireless or wi-fi functions ( even the Wii / Wii U being able to even DownloadPlay with DS, I do not understand the logic of Nintendo )

My first thought was to use AltWFC to move the Pokémon from Diamond to Soulsilver, but I tried everything to connect the DeSmume Online and all I got was several error codes, until I finally got angry and gave up
I tried this, first I was able to configure the connection, but I could not connect to the Pokémon SoulSilver and Diamond, so i restart my computer and now i can't configure SoftAP again ( Error Code 52100, 52000 or 20100 ) ( I noticed that FATAL Bad Memory Block is always on, is this normal? )

Now i use ''Internet Via Radio ( I don't know if '' via radio '' has any translation ) and my PC is connect to a TP-Link router via cable, but i still can't configure DeSmume to play online, somebody can help ?

PS : Sorry for my english, Brazilian here.

PS: I Use Windows 10 and Win10PCap, on Wireless/WiFi

I had successfully set up SoftAP in both Diamond and SoulSilver but I had not been able to connect in either game, I rebooted the computer and could not configure it, it always gave error
now that I'm using the internet connected on the computer directly to the cable connecting the router to the computer I still can not connect DeSmume Online

[EDIT]
I do not know if that counts for anything, but I noticed that the default gateway in IPv4 properties of Hamachi always goes away when I try to use DeSmume

https://gbatemp.net/threads/desmume-wifi-with-wlan-using-hamachi-no-virtual-box.436107/

I tried the NO $ GBA to perform the Trade, everything was going well I even managed to connect the games but when I tried to perform the exchange itself both games crashed

MelonDS is not a option because it only works with 64bit systems, as much as I wanted to keep all my Pokémon to my journey, I'm finishing college work on the computer, not to switch Windows now

So I only have DeSmume left, which is the only emulator that works correctly here, but I can not find a way to connect locally, does anyone have a solution?

PS: Sorry for my english, Brazilian here.

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I was able to configure WiFi without problems
upload_2018-3-30_4-12-23.png

But the game does not connect ( I Use Mario Kart DS just for test )

upload_2018-3-30_4-11-16.png

Help ?

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use melonDS, I believe its the only emulator at the moment that can emulate local wireless.
melonDS is only for Windows 64bits

DeSmume Online have a 86x version ( and I'm using ) is there any way to fix the problem I posted above?, if I could fix this I could make the trade between my DSLite and DeSmume.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
melonDS is only for Windows 64bits

DeSmume Online have a 86x version ( and I'm using ) is there any way to fix the problem I posted above?, if I could fix this I could make the trade between my DSLite and DeSmume.

As you have access to both of your save games the most easy thing to do is download PKHeX.

Open PKHeX twice, your Diamond save game in one instance of PKHeX and your Soul Silver in the other instance of PKHeX.

You can then drag Pokemon across from your Diamond save to your Soul Silver save and it will emulate the transfer process, like so:

pokemon-offline-trade.jpg

Be sure to save your save games after transferring under the "file" menu on PKHeX.

You can do this for Gen 3 games up to Gen 7 (and all the games in between) you can't send Pokemon back from Gen 7 to 3 for example.
You can also do Gen 1 + 2 to Gen 7 games now as that has become possible with the Virtual Console releases on the 3DS.

The same rules apply as trading Pokemon as on the games, PKHeX is capable of emulating what happens in the trade process.

Last edited by InsaneNutter,
Reactions: ttioali and Moon164

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Make sure you applied the AltWFC patch onto the game.
Yes, I applied the patch, even tested the Mario Kart DS on my Nintendo DS and it worked perfectly

Pokémon Diamond test with DeSmume it's got the same error
upload_2018-3-30_19-34-20.png

upload_2018-3-30_19-34-28.png

As you have access to both of your save games the most easy thing to do is download PKHeX.

Open PKHeX twice, your Diamond save game in one instance of PKHeX and your Soul Silver in the other instance of PKHeX.

You can then drag Pokemon across from your Diamond save to your Soul Silver save and it will emulate the transfer process, like so:

View attachment 119143

Be sure to save your save games after transferring under the "file" menu on PKHeX.

You can do this for Gen 3 games up to Gen 7 (and all the games in between) you can't send Pokemon back from Gen 7 to 3 for example.
You can also do Gen 1 + 2 to Gen 7 games now as that has become possible with the Virtual Console releases on the 3DS.

The same rules apply as trading Pokemon as on the games, PKHeX is capable of emulating what happens in the trade process.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check this, but can you use these Pokémon Online?
I intend to transfer all to the SoulSilver and transfer it to the Black / White (Physical Game) and then in the Pokémon Bank, the "cloned" Pokémon are not barred or anything like that?
Also I still wanted to use DeSmume Online, it would make a lot of fun and I could still play with the people, is there any way to correct my problem?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Thanks for the tip, I'll check this, but can you use these Pokémon Online?

Delete the Pokemon out your old game and its not a clone, but yes you will be able to Poke Transport it to Poke Bank and use it online. Unless you get a second DS or install a 64bit version of Windows so you can use melonDS it's a legit as your going to be able to get.

Reactions: Moon164

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Delete the Pokemon out your old game and its not a clone, but yes you will be able to Poke Transport it to Poke Bank and use it online. Unless you get a second DS or install a 64bit version of Windows so you can use melonDS it's a legit as your going to be able to get.

Thank you so much, now all my Diamond Pokémon are in my SoulSilver (and in the future I'll transfer them to Black, I just need to finish the game first), I'm kind of sad I did not do it in the 'traditional way' trade, but rather than nothing xD

Just a question, is it possible to use this PKHex to transfer Pokémon from the Third Generation as well? I was thinking of starting to play Pokémon Ruby in VBA on my PC and transfer the Pokémon to SoulSilver as well

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Thank you so much, now all my Diamond Pokémon are in my SoulSilver (and in the future I'll transfer them to Black, I just need to finish the game first), I'm kind of sad I did not do it in the 'traditional way' trade, but rather than nothing xD

Just a question, is it possible to use this PKHex to transfer Pokémon from the Third Generation as well? I was thinking of starting to play Pokémon Ruby in VBA on my PC and transfer the Pokémon to SoulSilver as well
Yes, it should be possible.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country

Yes you can go from Gen 3 to 4, 5, 6 or 7
Or from Gen 1 to 2 and from Gen 1 or 2 to Gen 7

PKHeX can emulate the results of any sort of trade you can do in the actual games

Like you i prefer to do my trades in the actual games, however it's certainly handy to have PKHeX as an option. Sooner or later the 3DS's online services will close down making PKHeX the only way to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 or lower to Gen 6 and 7.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?