Hacking Is there any way to disable touchscreen, throgh meta.xml/app.xml?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I want to disable touchscreen on the gamepad when launching GBA VC injects, to avoid it display the original manual. I wonder if it would be possible by editing the meta.xml and/or app.xml

Tried open the .rpx with RPL Studio and edit, but it generate a corrupt rpx output.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It would be possible to create a simple homebrew app, that disables the touchscreen
But it would be inconvenient, what I'm looking for is disable the touchscreen only when booting gba injects, maybe it's possible patch only the m2engage.rpx?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
someone was able to make a injector tool (inject_gba.py) which injected roms into the alldata.bin
Yeah, I got in contact with him but no reply so far. I catch GBA injection too late, though during loadiine days no one cared about meta stuff, it wasn't a thing until very late.

It would be interesting to know how inject_gba works so we could know exactly the offset where the rom is placed, and the search for the manual would be more easy, but I don't have the knowledge to reverse engineering stuff, dissaembly and so.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Success!
Managed to disable the touchscreen, edited the m2engage.rpx so it won't be able to read touch inputs coordinates, no more Red Team manual :lol:.

Only downside is you can't start the game at least you have a save for the game previosly, otherwise it can't get past the info screen about the manual.

Interesting enough past this info screen the game plays normaly, you even can access to the settings by pressing ZR, just DON'T touch the screen or it will disable the ZR or whatever button assigned to the in-game menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: