Hacking Is there any way to disable the format hard drive screen yet?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cyan, any more info on this process?
what I said back in 2013 is now a little different. it's now a common method and widely used among users and homebrew.
it works with EmuNAND if you install a d2x r52 mod. (53 doesn't have the needed fat module).

I guess the thread linked above has a lot of information, but I'll explain quickly:
WiiU is formatting drives in wiiU format starting at sector 0 (the place were the partition table is located) removing any partition table.
a WiiU drive can't be used for anything else at the same time.
If it detects a partition table signature (0x55AA) the WiiU menu prompts the user to format the drive to the WiiU format.
By editing that signature, the WiiU stop displaying this prompt. We decided to use 55AB as an edited signature value, and updated a lot of homebrew to also support that signature when mounting the drive.

Wii games are working fine with that new signature when stored on a FAT32/NTFS partition. WBFS partition should work too. No idea with ext2/3/4 partition. (it depends the library used in the homebrew, if the library is checking partition table signature before mounting a partition)
EmuNAND is also working with d2x r52mod (not widely known and spread, I can give you link to that cIOS if you need for modmii)
Gamecube games are working too (nintendont is compatible with Stealth drives) and a lot of homebrew too.

There is a homebrew (usbtoggle) to swap the signature back and forth, and also a windows program (UStealth, from the link above).

edit:
d2x r52 mod:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix.277659/page-163#post-5092147
replace the fat module in the d2x v10 r52 folder before installing with d2x installer.
the IOS information is not edited, syscheck would not report if it's the original or the modded version.
I don't know if it's a good idea to replace it directly into r52 without providing users a choice. it's always better to have more compatibility from the start without the need to reinstall another cIOS version later.
You could just add a note near d2x r52, stating it's ustealth compatible.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thanks guys, and sorry for bumping such an old thread, this is all I was able to find but I'm glad it let me to the right place.

I modded my vWii just a couple days ago, no real plans for ModMii support, but installing it on my own vWii is the logical first step in any case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:unsure::unsure::D:D:wub::D:D