Hacking Is there any way I can force my Wii U to uprender Wii games to 1080p like in Dolphin?

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much definitively, the Wii has all the necessary components to play Gamecube games but it does not have any Gamecube Hardware inside it -- big distinction. Similarly, a Wii U has all the necessary components to play Wii games, but again does not necessarily have any Wii hardware in it. Remember, that the vWii did not natively come with the Wii U. It was added later on. Theoretically, because of this, it could be possible once an IOSU exploit is released, to render Wii and Gamecube games in higher internal resolutions on a Wii U without resorting to emulation, but even so, this would likely cause a lot, if not all, games to break in humorous and unexpected ways. As was stated above, the only realistic way you could play HD Wii and Gamecube games on a Wii U, is if Dolphin were to be ported to it. And I'd say that's a pretty far long shot for most relevant Wii games; I just don't think the Wii U would have the resources necessary.

As far as the PS3 goes, original Fat PS3's did have PS2's built into them. Literally, a PS3 contained most of the PS2's hardware in a case alongside PS3 hardware. Eventually, all PS2 hardware was stripped out with the exception of the Graphics Processor, and the CPU was emulated. In the last of the Fat PS3's and all of the Slim and Super-Slim models, the PS3 has full 100% compatible PS1 emulation, but contains no PS1 or PS2 hardware -- only PS3 hardware. The end result is two models of the PS3 Fat that play PS1 - PS3 natively and with near 100% compatibility, 4 models with gimped PS2 compatibility, and the majority of PS3's with no native PS2 compatibility. But all PS3's play PS1 games.
Correct me if I'm wrong, just need to clear it up:
a super slim PS3 CAN play PS1 games?

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be correct. All PS2's can play PS1 and PS2 games. All PS3's can play PS3 and PS1 discs. Two early Fat PS3's can play PS1 - PS3 discs, and some Fat PS3's can play a fair amount of PS2 discs through emulation, but not all PS2 discs.

CECHA01 and CECHE01 PS3's play all.
For simplicity's sake, the rest play PS1 and PS3.

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way. No superslim CECHA01's could exist with all the extra components in a CECHA01 Backwards compatible model. Post becoming irrelevant, though. IM me if you want to know more about PS3 Backwards Compatibility. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ