Hacking Is there any exploit to install APKs on plane screens?

NotStupidAhaAha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is probably patched everywhere, you can't find anything online since people might use this to hack the system and crash the plane or something, but I really want to play something else like Minecraft but obviously, it's not on there. Any way to install games on plane infotainment?

• Haha
Reactions: donaldgx

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is probably patched everywhere, you can't find anything online since people might use this to hack the system and crash the plane or something - I don't want to do anything malicious, but I really want to play something else like Minecraft but obviously, it's not on there. Any way to install games on plane infotainment?
This would probably get you banned from flying for life, just bring a tablet, laptop or something like a switch or steamdeck and play minecraft on that. Could you provably install something to it? Maybe who knows is it a good idea if you ever want to ride on a plane again probably not.

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This would probably get you banned from flying for life, just bring a tablet, laptop or something like a switch or steamdeck and play minecraft on that. Could you provably install something to it? Maybe who knows is it a good idea if you ever want to ride on a plane again probably not.
Hard agree. Any attempt to hack any plane equipment for any reason is bound to get you arrested at the very least.

Reactions: SylverReZ

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sure. if you're able to dig it out of the plane seat and connect something to it, maybe. But you probably will get on a no-fly list faster than you can dig the screen out.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really want to play something else like Minecraft but obviously, it's not on there.
Holy f!ck, dude, would it be such searing agony to read a book or something for a couple of hours? Why would you even want to play Minecraft on a system like that? They're typically slow and unresponsive.

There are probably a whole bunch of different entertainment systems in use at the moment, each running different software and probably even different versions of the same software, such that even if there was an exploit, odds are it wouldn't work for whatever system you happen to end up with. (I'm pretty sure at least some of them are using custom builds of Linux that probably wouldn't even be compatible with apk packages.)

NotStupidAhaAha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah... I didn't know it was that bad, is it even connected to the pilots? I doubted it was, in case someone ever did something like that, I thought that it was on its own single system.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeesh... I didn't know it was that bad, is it even connected to the pilots? I doubted it was, in case someone ever did something like that, I thought that it was on its own single system.
Those systems are connected to a network on that plane. It's how they stream media and receive announcements. Whether that network is isolated or connected to interior systems, who knows. Likely it isn't, but tampering with it is likely to cause a lot of legal issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum