Homebrew Is there any Circle Pad Calibration Tool, Adjusting Dead-Zones?

Vesker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Firstly, a happy and healthy 2021 to us all! I hope you're all well and safe.
Now, the reason I'm creating this thread is because my New Nintendo 3DS XL is having calibration issues with the Circle Pad(not Pro) for the past weeks.
At first I just used the 3DS Circle Pad Calibration tool and everything went smoothly for a day, then it would decalibrate again. Today I woke up and booted up SMT Strange Journey, after playing a while my character began to move to the right non-stop. It had decalibrated again. So I tried to calibrate the Circle Pad, but to my surprise, it failed, then it failed again and again and again.
I reverted to Default Values and I couldn't get the pointer to touch the Left Triangle, it's completely decalibrated to the right.
After 50+ attempts I managed to calibrate it( I have no clue how, I guess the 3DS took pity on me).
I downloaded 3DSident to see the Circle Pad's X axis resting position: 0036
The Circle Pad's Deadzone is (-040, 0040)
It takes just a little tap(+5 units) to move out of the Right's Dead Zone, while it takes -77 units to the left.

I looked everywhere for an "easy fix", but to no avail. The solution is to take apart the n3DS and change the Circle Pad. So here I am, making this Thread looking for a light at the end of the tunnel.
The 3DS Circle Pad Calibration is unreliable and you can't input values manually. Is there any Homebrew app that lets you adjust the Circle Pad's Deadzone manually?
Or am I really out of luck and that's that?
Were I live there aren't any competent hardware repair shops and since it's a very niche problem on a very niche system nowadays, I'm really hopeless. I really don't want to try and repair it myself, I'm not confident about it at all, the hardest thing I took apart was my GTX 970 to clean it and reapply thermal paste and it was nightmarish.

TL;DR: My n3DS Circle Pad DZ is decalibrated to the right and the n3DS Calibration Tool keeps failing and it's unreliable. It's a matter of time until it completely decalibrates out of the DZ again, rendering gameplay impossible. Isn't there any Homebrew app that lets you calibrate the Circle Pad DZ Manually?

Thank you all and a happy new year to us!

Attachments

• IMG_20210101_202152_1.jpg
    IMG_20210101_202152_1.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_20210101_202218_1.jpg
    IMG_20210101_202218_1.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20210101_202235.jpg
    IMG_20210101_202235.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 223
Last edited by Vesker,

Vesker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Guess I'm out of luck, then. I really hoped there would be a way to adjust the DZ of the Circle Pad manually, just like some emulators or even controller softwares on PC.

Is there any difference between those parts you posted other than the website?
AliExpress ones are a lot cheaper than the ZedLabz's.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it. Happy 2k21 o/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: