Hardware Circle pad drifting on 2ds

Nakiy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone! When I'm booting my 2ds, the circle pad starts going to the bottom right automaticly. After a while it stops but goes to the top left. I already used 3dsident to figute out that my circle pad is the problem. I've already tried calibration. It fails because my circle pad doesn't recognize my real inputs. I've also tried replacing the circle pad - still drifts. I tried taking it out completely - still drifts. Does anyone know why this is happening? Can I somehow disable the circle pad or repair it?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This indicates that the circle pad is not making a connection with the system, so it's also the normal behavior when there's no circle pad at all. Are you sure you inserted and locked the cable correctly when replacing the circle pad?

Nakiy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This indicates that the circle pad is not making a connection with the system, so it's also the normal behavior when there's no circle pad at all. Are you sure you inserted and locked the cable correctly when replacing the circle pad?
Thanks for replying! I'm actually pretty sure that I did, I'll try again tommorow because its almost 11pm my time. Thank you for your tip!

Reactions: IC_

Nakiy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried it again and did everything correctly. It still drifts. Could it be something software related?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's almost definitely a hardware issue, it could also be somewhere else than the connector if you're really unlucky. Could you show some pictures of the connector, cable, and having them connected?

Nakiy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's almost definitely a hardware issue, it could also be somewhere else than the connector if you're really unlucky. Could you show some pictures of the connector, cable, and having them connected?
Welp, I guess I saw that message too late. I tried it a couple more times until I saw some dust. I cleaned it and now it works fine! Thanks for your help!

Reactions: IC_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto