Trophies
XP
Country
fudgenuts64 said:
Rydian said:
No.

Buy one.
Why are you so ignorant?

It was a straight answer, nothing ignorant about it. There is no 360 emulator. Even if there was, you would need one hell of a machine to run it at full. It isn't that the 360 is exceptionally powerful or anything, it's just that emulating it is difficult/impossible right now. Even the PS2 emulators that exist require a fairly good computer to get running at 100% all 100% of the time.

Shit don't be easy in the least. Unless you have some miracle knowledge as to a non-existent 360 emulator, you should try to refrain from making ignorant remarks yourself.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the better 360 games are also released on PC. DL the PC version of whatever you want. I doubt there will ever be a 360 emulator. the 360 does so much, beyond running games, and the games are dependant on several OS features and such. i doubt there will ever be a 360 emu, as there is no need for one. 90% of the games are on PC. emulators are made to allow you to play your old favorites on your PC. You can already do this. 360's are cheap now (Used at gamestop, about 80 USD).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will echo others- get a PC as most things appear there or a second hand box and mod that (or if you are feeling a bit flush a JTAG 360).

As others have said though the 360 is quite powerful so your best bet is to hope if say someone used a modded unreal engine for it to be ported like that (several games that started off as doom engine mods saw the open source doom engine beaten into something that works for them).

Other than that you are probably waiting 10 odd years (we are just seeing PS2 emulation start to become viable on high end gear).

On the other hand we do now have an emulation of the 6502 from the transistors up (VLSI level emulation is something I had not expected to see for several years let alone on consumer hardware) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP1gWg5ezyY

re 360 in PC case....... I have built dual machines in one case before (servers and alt boxes- this was before virtualisation hit big). I would like to take that into the console arena, pity the 360 has encrypted memory though or I might be able to do something more fun.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Rydian said:
No.

Buy one.
Why are you so ignorant?
So you're saying there is a 360 emulator?

Link please.

Little late, but I believe he thinks your post was ignorant because it contained no reasoning. I mean post whatever you want, but if your post contains no reasoning to support your answer it really is ignorant, or "lacking knowledge". Why isn't there a XBOX 360 emulator? I mean if you threw in "No, because one hasn't been developed, and a PC isn't strong enough to emulate it." It would answer his question, and give him reasoning on why there isn't. That's just me, feel free to do whatever.

On Topic: If you really wanna play "like" you have a XBOX 360 download Steam, connect a XBOX 360 controller to your PC. Buy games, and play them with the controller. (I know Bioshock lets you use a XBOX 360 controller.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Misleading title is misleading.

rolleyes.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Generally people who come in and ask for an emulator of a system there's no emulator for just want to pirate games without having to even buy the system, so I didn't bother putting logic in because all that matters to them is "no you can't pirate it", they have no developmental interest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone