Hardware Is there an issue with the battery of the left Joy-Con?

Does the battery of your left Joy-Con die faster?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
IMG_0688.JPG

The battery of my left Joy-Con always depletes faster than my right Joy-Con. There is no point in the Joy-Cons having 20 hours battery life if one of them dies faster. I was wondering if it's the same for you. Does the battery of your left Joy-Con die faster than the right one?

I will contact Nintendo support and see how it goes.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Aaand it's dead. I was playing some Zelda while I was typing this and now the left Joy-Con has disconnected. I don't have anything to charge it with other than my Switch itself, but then I can't use docked mode. Just great, Nintendo. Just great.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short term solution to a long term problem.
I suppose not everyone is having the left joycon battery issue, but it's still kinda anoying to see a lot of people reporting this... i mean, what the heck happened to nintendo?

Sadly he doesn't have that much of options to fix his issue, other than sending it to nintendo for a battery replace, replacing his switch on a store or just buying the overpriced accessories.

Reactions: Kioku

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure it has to do with the day 1 update that supposely fixes the connection issue to the left joycon. On way to fix it could have been to use more power.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the joy cons 50-50 with my pro controller, so nothing has actually died yet. I think the left joy con connects to the console through the right joy con, and for whatever reason that might use up power quicker. It shouldn't be dying THAT much faster though.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I suppose not everyone is having the left joycon battery issue, but it's still kinda anoying to see a lot of people reporting this... i mean, what the heck happened to nintendo?

Sadly he doesn't have that much of options to fix his issue, other than sending it to nintendo for a battery replace, replacing his switch on a store or just buying the overpriced accessories.

It's concerning to think about the lack of quality control Nintendo has with this console. I'm not too worried about the battery life as I don't play enough for it to be a problem.. but the fact that I'm seeing a ~25% decrease in battery life compared to my Right joycon makes me question my purchase.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Or getting a replacement battery from Nintendo to service the Joy-Con myself so that I can still play while waiting. If they are willing to send one to me of course.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pro controller is an option, albeit an expensive one. And possibly the best option if you're sending in your joy-con.

There's also the charging grip, which is also budget-unfriendly if you aren't sending in your joy-con and don't want to get the pro controller while still playing games.

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
Battery is fine in mine though I do notice it takes longer for my left one to connect to the console, no connection dropping at all so far though. Something about that left one, it seems to just hate itself.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's concerning to think about the lack of quality control Nintendo has with this console. I'm not too worried about the battery life as I don't play enough for it to be a problem.. but the fact that I'm seeing a ~25% decrease in battery life compared to my Right joycon makes me question my purchase.
The console is alright, but the problem are the accessories and their quality control/support service :/

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Weird, that happens with my RIGHT grey joycon...
Maybe some have a faulty battery?
Just the fact that they each have a separate battery gives every pair of joy cons a chance for disparity, but it should be +/-15% at most. This might be something Nintendo is willing to do a free repair for, and reports of their repair service have been good so far. I do agree it shouldn't be an issue in the first place, however.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idea joycons have never die or gotten close to me.
I have a pair mount to the switch at all times and then a pair in the charge grip.
When done playing i most of the time plug the charge kit up.
But havent plug it up in a few days and im still good.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine has been just fine... To this day the only issue I have had AT ALL has been the left joycons finicky connection, and thats only when theres a bunch of crap in the way. Which incidentally also happens to my PS4 controllers so...

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My left joy-con drains faster than my right, but only very slightly. I'd say by the time my left joy-con dies, the other one has around 10% remaining, so it wasn't bothering me much at all. However, it seems to an issue that affect several different people, with varying intensities.

Personally I bought the charging grip so I wasn't aware of how big the difference was until somewhat recently.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My joycons stay synced on battery with eachother. If I play single joycon it's generally with someone playing on the Right one as well. Bad batteries happen, I'd call Nintendo and get an RMA. Hopefully they only require the joycons back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill