Homebrew Is there a way to view a list of and launch installed titles/system applications on the Wii U?

John256145

"Why does your name have so many numbers?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides using the home menu, of course...
For example, on the 3DS, I can do this by using FBI and looking through the Titles menu. On the DSi, I can use Unlaunch and it lists all of the system titles on the main screen. Is there a homebrew app that accomplishes the same on Wii U? Please let me know if I need to elaborate.

moto4mods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides using the home menu, of course...
For example, on the 3DS, I can do this by using FBI and looking through the Titles menu. On the DSi, I can use Unlaunch and it lists all of the system titles on the main screen. Is there a homebrew app that accomplishes the same on Wii U? Please let me know if I need to elaborate.
Please elaborate. My first instinct is to read half the post and say "WUP Installer" and "System Menu". This is the best method for installing and playing games, what more would you like from your game selecting/loading experience?

I used my PS3 with multuman for a while, and when I switched to sMan with sLaunch, I used a button combo, and loaded games from the "homescreen" cause it feels like the way to do it for me, I really don't see what you think your missing.

Last edited by moto4mods,
Reactions: John256145

John256145

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not looking for a way to install and play games. I'm looking for an alternative way to view a list of installed system applications.

Maybe an example might help describe why I would want to do this. All DSi systems have a hidden system application named Nintendo Zone. It can't be found from the home menu, but it can be found and launched with Unlaunch. I would like to do something similar on the Wii U.

moto4mods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not looking for a way to install and play games. I'm looking for an alternative way to view a list of installed system applications.

Maybe an example might help describe why I would want to do this. All DSi systems have a hidden system application named Nintendo Zone. It can't be found from the home menu, but it can be found and launched with Unlaunch. I would like to do something similar on the Wii U.
I do understand this, I wasn't aware this applied to the Wii U or it's VC games though. But what do you need access to that unaccessible content for? There's probably ways to get done what you need, but it seems like what your asking is a little more than what you'd actually need, just trying to clear up the ultimate end goal, and the requirements.

John256145

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do understand this, I wasn't aware this applied to the Wii U or it's VC games though. But what do you need access to that unaccessible content for? There's probably ways to get done what you need, but it seems like what your asking is a little more than what you'd actually need, just trying to clear up the ultimate end goal, and the requirements.

I'm a curious person. I want to see if there's any hidden titles I can find and launch, like I did with the DSi and 3DS. I have already seen this, but would much prefer to explore the content on my own system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head