Is there a way to autoboot to CFW in ANY way?

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You would be fine as long you keep your battery health, considering you keep killing your battery I wonder if it even worth it, you may as well look at your battery info in hekate.
Might check sometime soon if i get my Switch fixed.
Funnily enough, My switch is still stock to this day.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I dont really want to risk my Joycon since these cost an arm and a leg.
You only need to mod the rail part, replacement rails are cheaply available for a few dollars.
I would not permanently bridge the pins, JoyCon firmware updates will check for this and the JoyCon will semi brick (recoverable) if a JoyCon firmware update is applied with the JoyCon connected in "wired" mode while the pins are bridged. You can use a hall effect sensor with a magnet to temporarily bridge the pins or make the JoyCon eject button itself act as the button to activate the bridge, there are guides on here for both.

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You only need to mod the rail part, replacement rails are cheaply available for a few dollars.
I would not permanently bridge the pins, JoyCon firmware updates will check for this and the JoyCon will semi brick (recoverable) if a JoyCon firmware update is applied with the JoyCon connected in "wired" mode while the pins are bridged. You can use a hall effect sensor with a magnet to temporarily bridge the pins or make the JoyCon eject button itself act as the button to activate the bridge, there are guides on here for both.
Thanks for letting me know! might do it someday.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use autorcm, and have for 5+ years. I have not had to use my jig hardly ever, mostly only when updating FW. I also have hekate.bin copied over to my reboot.bin so if switch crashes, it goes back to hekate screen and can push payload without needing my jig. Good luck! :grog:

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use autorcm, and have for 5+ years. I have not had to use my jig hardly ever, mostly only when updating FW. I also have hekate.bin copied over to my reboot.bin so if switch crashes, it goes back to hekate screen and can push payload without needing my jig. Good luck! :grog:
You know what, im using AutoRCM.

Reactions: BigOnYa

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Haha same. The only times I need to push are for full freezes that mostly are my fault for playing around to much

Reactions: BigOnYa

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Everything drains it but AutoRCM drains it more than the Switch itself allows it . At plain 0%
You need to be very careful with it
Just wondering, what’s your source to this claim?

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I just wish that someone discovered a coldboot exploit already, it's getting tiring having to walk to my PC just to swap from stock to CFW.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just wish that someone discovered a coldboot exploit already, it's getting tiring having to walk to my PC just to swap from stock to CFW.
go find one then as you're never happy with anything in the scene, also don't need pc to switch from stock to cfw, just a phone and jig if it's V1

Reactions: Hayato213

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go find one then as you're never happy with anything in the scene, also don't need pc to switch from stock to cfw, just a phone and jig if it's V1
Heck, dont even need that. As long as hekate is your reboot_payload.bin, hold power, hit restart, then your in hekate and can boot that way.

jmb713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, what’s your source to this claim?
I don't know about it increasing drainage, but NEVER let your switch die with autorcm on. My first switch ran out of battery with autorcm on, and I could never get it to turn on; this was about 4 years ago. Tried recharging didn’t work. Tried resending the payload with the computer and dongle (from shut down source now) didn’t work. I eventually bought another switch and used that instead. Last month I changed the battery on my old switch (bought a new one, opened back of the switch and swapped the batteries), and it finally turned on!! Finally got my old save from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 back. So if you do use autorcm make sure to always keep your switch charged or you’ll have to change the battery out. My switch was new when I had it so the battery was supposed to be good, this was just my experience with autorcm. Now I have two switches but I won’t put autorcm because it’s not worth it to me.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't know about it increasing drainage, but NEVER let your switch die with autorcm on. My first switch ran out of battery with autorcm on, and I could never get it to turn on; this was about 4 years ago. Tried recharging didn’t work. Tried resending the payload with the computer and dongle (from shut down source now) didn’t work. I eventually bought another switch and used that instead. Last month I changed the battery on my old switch (bought a new one, opened back of the switch and swapped the batteries), and it finally turned on!! Finally got my old save from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 back. So if you do use autorcm make sure to always keep your switch charged or you’ll have to change the battery out. My switch was new when I had it so the battery was supposed to be good, this was just my experience with autorcm. Now I have two switches but I won’t put autorcm because it’s not worth it to me.
Bah I've done it a couple of times. It just takes forever to charge. It's just to hold down the power button for 10-15 secs after a couple of minutes so it's really shut off

jmb713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bah I've done it a couple of times. It just takes forever to charge. It's just to hold down the power button for 10-15 secs after a couple of minutes so it's really shut off
That's what I've heard, that it takes forever to charge. Maybe my switch was defective idk lol. But I would put it on the dock, tried charging it directly with the usb-c cable and it would not turn on. Trust me I tried to get it to work before I went out and bought a new one. Looked up videos on youtube did the button thing, left my switch on the dock for days, weeks to charge, it didn’t work. Maybe I let it drain too long idk but it shouldn’t take days to charge the battery. Maybe if I had charged my switch right when it died it would be fine, but I didn’t. I left it out, didn’t touch it for a while (I was busy with school). This was just my personal experience though. I will say autorcm was super convenient when I did use it.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That's what I've heard, that it takes forever to charge. Maybe my switch was defective idk lol. But I would put it on the dock, tried charging it directly with the usb-c cable and it would not turn on. Trust me I tried to get it to work before I went out and bought a new one. Left my switch on the dock for days, weeks to charge, it didn’t work. Maybe I let it drain too long idk but it shouldn’t take days to charge the battery. Maybe if I had charged my switch right when it died it would be fine, but I didn’t. I left it out, didn’t touch it for a while (I was busy with school). This was just my personal experience though. I will say autorcm was super convenient when I did use it.
Sadly you must have a Nintendo charger more or less to get it out of this state. I've tried with a bunch of different once but so far it seems only the Nintendo charger works the best.

jmb713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly you must have a Nintendo charger more or less to get it out of this state. I've tried with a bunch of different once but so far it seems only the Nintendo charger works the best.
That's mostly the charger I used, so that wasn't the problem. You've had a good experience with autorcm and I assume you charged it right after it ran out of battery. That wasn’t my situation. I think my battery ran out completely to 0% and that was my problem. That will probably not happen to most people if they always pay attention to their switch. You can try to replicate my situation and see if you can charge the battery again.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That's mostly the charger I used, so that wasn't the problem. You've had a good experience with autorcm and I assume you charged it right after it ran out of battery. That wasn’t my situation. I think my battery ran out completely to 0% and that was my problem. That will probably not happen to most people if they always pay attention to their switch. You can try to replicate my situation and see if you can charge the battery again.
oh I let i sit for like a month for more and it was fully depleted. Took a couple of hours before I saw the charge icon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: will @SylverReZ scalp Switch 2s? :)