Hacking Question Is there a Tool to Dump your own Games?

SH3RLOCK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Because of some research i'd like to dump my own games.

Is there a public way for it using Atmosphere? I'm on 5.0.2

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because of some research i'd like to dump my own games.

Is there a public way for it using Atmosphere? I'm on 5.0.2
Theoretically, if you dump your NAND, then decrypt it using your bis keys, you can access them on your Switch. There's no formal write-up for this, but I saw it in another thread as a potential way to dump games.

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atmosphere isn't released yet, but hekate's nand dump works just fine. you do need your console unique bis keys to decrypt the user partition. after you obtain the rsa kek and titlekey for the game you're trying to decrypt/unpack, sciresm's hactool works. there's actually a pretty good writeup here.

the part that's on you afterwards is finding the keys necessary for hactool.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This works for dumping carts on 5.x (and probably lower firmwares).
I just randomly found this on github yesterday and can confirm that it works (I successfully dumped and then decrypted my botw-copy), no idea why nobody linked it yet.
Thanks for that, I wasn't aware there was a cartridge dumper in the public.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
I just randomly found this on github yesterday and can confirm that it works (I successfully dumped and then decrypted my botw-copy), no idea why nobody linked it yet.

Thanks for this. Does it dump the game to SD card or needs a connected PC?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems to only dump partitions, not a whole XCI image file.

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's right and it fails to dump RAW the secure partition as well (tried on 2 carts).
Can dump it non raw though...

Sonics99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team xecuter said there was no easy way to dump games with their OS, but that they would look into it in the future.

I wonder if it is a multistep process and possibly requires some PC tools. Only one team even dumps the games, which at this point into any scene is odd. It usually starts that way, but by time this many are at and a loader situation is in hand there usually are more.

Also, sidenote, but I wonder if DKTF has new keys. It is one of the only major games not dumped, and being first party is a pretty big one. They are doing stuff like the monster motorcross game.... lol.

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubt it, DKC is 4.1.0, like Hyrule Warriors and Nintendo Labo.

I think they have issues getting the cart, I think there was an issue in Europe and the game was hard to get physical.

Sonics99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubt it, DKC is 4.1.0, like Hyrule Warriors and Nintendo Labo.

I think they have issues getting the cart, I think there was an issue in Europe and the game was hard to get physical.

Possibly. Labo came out a couple of weeks before if I remember and probably had to be packaged earlier because of all of the other components.

Hyrule is not an Nintendo first party game, and traditionally new FWs show up there first.

You could be right though, no way to know until it is out I suppose.

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First party or not, they are packaged the same... All factory processing is done by Nintendo obviously.
It's been reported already, the game doesn't even need 5.0, just 4.1.0 and anyway we have all "keys".
No way this game is special.

Last edited by alkar,

Sonics99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First party or not, they are packaged the same... All factory processing is done by Nintendo obviously.
It's been reported already, the game doesn't even need 5.0, just 4.1.0 and anyway we have all "keys".
No way this game is special.

Okey, dokey. Just friendly speculation is all.

shabbypenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dumped kirby star allies using the raw dump normal partition (not the secure or update) currently transferring it to my pc via very slow usb speeds since ftp keeps timing out.

upload_2018-5-25_14-9-26.png

it took about an hour to transfer over, but once it was on my pc i renamed it to xci file and tried to open it using the xci reader and it just errored out. so raw dumps arent going to work.

scottgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tool allows dumping game cartridges without the 3.0.0 and lower JavaScript nonsense. Should be definitely made public. I am currently researching a theory I have about converting a gamecart NCA to a download type NCA for installing game backups directly to the EMMC. This is exactly the kind of source code that could be quite helpful for me.

Reactions: SomeGamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...