Homebrew Is there a Homebrew video player?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't personally think it is worth the effort.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Why wouldn't it be? People have already made attempts at a few homebrew video players, now we have Nintendo's tools for better video playback and stereoscopic 3D video playback, and now suddenly that kind of homebrew video player isn't worth the effort?! I do not understand that mentality at all.

Reactions: focusonme

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Why wouldn't it be? People have already made attempts at a few homebrew video players, now we have Nintendo's tools for better video playback and stereoscopic 3D video playback, and now suddenly that kind of homebrew video player isn't worth the effort?! I do not understand that mentality at all.
Just because we can, doesn't mean it is worth the effort. Especially considering they won't be able to publicly release said player except on "those sites".

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because we can, doesn't mean it is worth the effort. Especially considering they won't be able to publicly release said player except on "those sites".

Just because we can is often why many homebrew apps come to fruition, never mind the fact that such a homebrew program would actually be incredibly useful and is desired by a lot of users, perhaps not you, but the demand is there. Having to go to one of those sites for certain homebrew is nothing new either.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Just because we can is often why many homebrew apps come to fruition, never mind the fact that such a homebrew program would actually be incredibly useful and is desired by a lot of users, perhaps not you, but the demand is there. Having to go to one of those sites for certain homebrew is nothing new either.
I can agree on that first part, but I don't think a moflex player is all that useful.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can agree on that first part, but I don't think a moflex player is all that useful.

Right, not useful to you, however extremely useful to others (such as myself, I'd make great use of it for sure, I have a bunch of 3D movies I'd love to watch on my 3DS).

By the way, headway has already been made in developing this player, it's just a matter of finding out how to add SD card access and navigation and it will pretty much be done.

Last edited by duffmmann,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/GVs1tc_vq0g?si=laLZzpaM8uZLmYXO